2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Assuming we dont have 4 of the top 6, which is what I'm targeting, and assuming we dont pick him #1 (for purposes to demonstrate his slideability)
1 FOS
North Smillie
WC Langford / Trainor / Draper
Crows Draper / Reid
melb Lalor / Armstrong

Slide!!! I'm not saying ifs definite but its in the wide wide realms of possible
If it is like this there's not much to be worried about.

Reactions: 1 user
It's like predicting how many the Dunces of Doom will get wrong , just too many options.

The kicking makes up for the lack of pace but I still want pure mids only this draft. @Leysy Days loves his half flankers, maybe onballers type, Danny Meyer derangement syndrome and Andrew Collins Colonoscopy runs deep in your veins.
Is Dattoli not a mid? He went in there on Saturday against Eastern and absolutely dominated. He was BOG. Then Anthony Rocca for some reason left him deep forward for the whole of the last quarter and the game got away from them again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
If it is like this there's not much to be worried about.
Can see that happening. Can’t see North taking Smith and West Coast can’t afford to take another homesick Vic surely? Adelaide want Draper and Smith doesn’t seem Saints type

Is Dattoli not a mid? He went in there on Saturday against Eastern and absolutely dominated. He was BOG. The Anthony Rocca for some reason left him deep forward for the whole of the last quarter and the game got away from them again.
I've seen him live and all games he starts as forward and drifts into the middle for spurts. I would rather full time mids.

Reactions: 1 users
It's like predicting how many the Dunces of Doom will get wrong , just too many options.

The kicking makes up for the lack of pace but I still want pure mids only this draft. @Leysy Days loves his half flankers, maybe onballers type, Danny Meyer derangement syndrome and Andrew Collins Colonoscopy runs deep in your veins.
He's a very good player,,,what he may lack in speed he makes up in football nous ...

peeps are in for a bit of a shock when they see

our Jaggy in the guts R1.

He'll be an instant Sheezel/Daicos-type sensation

* not a criticism SOJ, I get it. its a tight race at the top and we want em all
Cannot believe there is so much talk about Jagga's perceived "deficiencies". The kid excels at every level. He is not a man child bullying smaller types. He is a skinny kid beating bulls to the ball and dancing around them. Finding the pill in contested situations is an elite skill. Not many have it. Why won't he simply get better at it when exposed to elite training, continued growth etc?

Would love it if it was clear we could get him with our 2nd pick, but would be stoked to get himn with our first also.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Cannot believe there is so much talk about Jagga's perceived "deficiencies". The kid excels at every level. He is not a man child bullying smaller types. He is a skinny kid beating bulls to the ball and dancing around them. Finding the pill in contested situations is an elite skill. Not many have it. Why won't he simply get better at it when exposed to elite training, continued growth etc?

Would love it if it was clear we could get him with our 2nd pick, but would be stoked to get himn with our first also.
Yeah just what the Tiges need is a ballet dancer :LOL:

• Haha
Until the trade period and we know what picks we actually end with, it's almost pointless to look at what group we can get.

almost? its utterly pointless

but so is eating and breathing and paying bills for 70-80 years.

Frankie Dettoli doesn't look slow in that clip to me? he accelerates adequately for a couple of overlaps.

I'm a bit confused to why would trade up. There are so many good plyers available
we have had zero opportunity to have any top 15 picks in the last 14 years.
we could have 6 picks before 15
we need 2-3 mids
1 A forward
more mids/ forwards
why would we trade up when all of this is available under 15
i would rather take best with 1st then what falls our way.
Shannon, or Armstrong forwards we are desperate for as well.
while lynch is still with us we need them now.
same as mids while Prestia is with us

Reactions: 3 users
If we went like for like,for the player's leaving and retired we would end up with.
DUSTY-LALOR ..GRIMES-ALLEN...PICKET--IVISIC.
RIOLI--LINDSAY..TREVAGLIA.....BAKER--UNGWIN ..BOLTON..BERRY..DATTOLI...DAY WICKS.

This won't happen though ,we don't do it like that

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I've seen him live and all games he starts as forward and drifts into the middle for spurts. I would rather full time mids.
Fair enough I've only seen him the one time and he was outstanding in the midfield.

Main query or doubt I have regarding Jag is that I think he might already be nearer his peak development level than some of the other youngsters. Whatever the club runs with throughout the draft I'll be content with until it fails, simply because I know bugger all about what kids has what. So I'll just leave it to the experts.