2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

yeah its a good point - he does play pretty safe.

I wonder if coaching could elevate his risk taking? give him attacking gears?

we saw vastly contrasting Trent Cotchin's from 2016 to 2017.

or if hes just smart enough to play within his limitations?

or is it just his disposition? safety a weapon? his role is to get the ball and feed it to the bold risk-taking blokes?

I think its the latter: he plays a reliable, coal face, team first, low risk game.

a bit of an Alfie Langer?

people who havnt seen him and read that are going to :vomit at the prospect

of that game at Pick 1.

but then they will see his obsessive clearance work, and :banana

he's not going to appear to lead us from the wilderness single-handedly, like Dusty.

But I think he will be an outstanding addition to any midfield in the competition
Morro in one of his vfl game reviews had said that hed asked Jagga to try to get involved more after his disposal
Run and become an option to start a chain of play and to kick to a longer target
So hopefully he shows that hes taken on the advice and shows hes capable to take his game to the next level

Reactions: 1 users
It would be good to get Grey, and then have Gray come back and play 1sts.

The commentators could come out with... "I loved that play, it had shades of Gra/ey about it!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
It would be good to get Grey, and then have Gray come back and play 1sts.

The commentators could come out with... "I loved that play, it had shades of Gra/ey about it!!!
Club is clearly trying to confuse Brian Taylor to death.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
My point Niko is people are looking to constantly downplay what he has achieved this year. It’s got me stumped. Is it his size??

Look I get the admiration I really do

And I don't think that people are downplaying him en masse, infact on this site and others, he is being spoken of as the most likely number 1 pick, my view is probably contrarian, most people recon he is a deserved pick 1.

In my opinion, and just mine, I see alot of reasons why he may not be elite, infact I am not sure that there has been a less physically developed Pick 1, in the history of the draft, and there is a reason for that. This is amplified by the fact that he is a genuine mid.

Couple his lack of body size with what I think is less than elite kicking, for me, that's is enough reasons for him to slide, especially since there are a group of players who have claims to be top 5 draft picks, that may have the athletic profile, and football ability to go higher

Not saying I would be upset if we drafted him at 6, just saying there are better options for pick 1, All IMHO

Reactions: 5 users
thats a *smile* ton of good kids.

on twomeys latest ranking, would haul

jagga, lalor, joeBerry, travaglia, bo allen, jack Whitlock, Shanahan/Faull and Simms

2 genuine mids (an iron fist and a silk glove), 1 med forward freak, both wings (I'd be starting Bo Allan out there - he is quick), and three (3) KPF's.

would speed us up (berry, travaglia and Allen are quick, jagga and lalor aren't slow). I suspect Simms is quick too
That would be like being stuck on a deserted island with McPherson, Crawford, Vergara and Schiffer! Pure bliss!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users