2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

you mean Black was 81kg at 18?

or jagga will be stunted forever on 73kg?

further, there is no evidence jagga isn't an elite kick.

I really do get why people want someone other than Jagga at 1.

but the barrel scraping knocks I dont get. hes dispelled em all.

Powerful Lalor and FOS, who I love, havn't been able to get fit for a year,

whereas tiny fragile Jagga, can't seem to get himself hurt or get less than 25 kicks?

Jagga got pole driven twice by lalor VM V VC, and he just dusted himself off and went and got another clearance.

he didn't even take a drink or an encouraging word from a trainor.

there's clear evidence, hes as tough as *smile*

the Jagga advocates could compare Jagga to Clinton King,

and you blokes would go 'nah, Clinton King ran a 6.10 2km, Jaggas blowing up at 6.17'

but yeah, Tigers will take him and of course you'll love him
As we've noted before, Jagermeister , for all statistical intents and purposes, just doesnt waste the pill. I know we see "highlights". But I've watched a couple of full games of jag now and literally there is no standout turnover. I guess what he does is keep it super low risk. For all of Dustin's genius, he hardly had the league's lowest turnover rating. Jags, probably knowingly, is super low risk. Doesnt want to turn it over. And doesnt. I will take that if I have to at 1. And yeah it's gonna be a struggle for a while until we get that breakaway speed. Hopefully we address it this draft.

Reactions: 6 users
As we've noted before, Jagermeister , for all statistical intents and purposes, just doesnt waste the pill. I know we see "highlights". But I've watched a couple of full games of jag now and literally there is no standout turnover. I guess what he does is keep it super low risk. For all of Dustin's genius, he hardly had the league's lowest turnover rating. Jags, probably knowingly, is super low risk. Doesnt want to turn it over. And doesnt. I will take that if I have to at 1. And yeah it's gonna be a struggle for a while until we get that breakaway speed. Hopefully we address it this draft.

yeah its a good point - he does play pretty safe.

I wonder if coaching could elevate his risk taking? give him attacking gears?

we saw vastly contrasting Trent Cotchin's from 2016 to 2017.

or if hes just smart enough to play within his limitations?

or is it just his disposition? safety a weapon? his role is to get the ball and feed it to the bold risk-taking blokes?

I think its the latter: he plays a reliable, coal face, team first, low risk game.

a bit of an Alfie Langer?

people who havnt seen him and read that are going to :vomit at the prospect

of that game at Pick 1.

but then they will see his obsessive clearance work, and :banana

he's not going to appear to lead us from the wilderness single-handedly, like Dusty.

But I think he will be an outstanding addition to any midfield in the competition

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
haha beat me to it.

he hasn't turned in a less-than-very-good game for 3 years, and nobody else is really starring,

and he's sliding?

maybe he meant he was always at 6 and is just holding ground?

or he meant hes sliding like Taylor Swifts popularity?
If Jagga falls to 6, then the 5 before him should be multiple AA's over their careers.

Reactions: 1 user
If Jagga falls to 6, then the 5 before him should be multiple AA's over their careers.

that is quite possible this year.

I dont think it will play out that way, but it could,

and I really hope it does.

I would go so far as to say, if RFC bring in Jagga in a straight swap for a 27yo Danny Rioli, and who we would take around him

we will be well on the path to Dynasty 2.0.

And for the non-believers, here's the latest update, and yeah I've gone the optimistic route. I'm in the 6+20 Rioli camp. Minus two picks for the pessimistic route.
This is before push back with compos etc, and us trading UP or bidding high. 12 is the Barass pick. 14 is Lions. 22 Fridge.

1-6-9-10-12-14-20-21-22

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
And for the non-believers, here's the latest update, and yeah I've gone the optimistic route. I'm in the 6+20 Rioli camp. Minus two picks for the pessimistic route.
This is before push back with compos etc, and us trading UP or bidding high. 12 is the Barass pick. 14 is Lions. 22 Fridge.

1-6-9-10-12-14-20-21-22

thats a *smile* ton of good kids.

on twomeys latest ranking, would haul

jagga, lalor, joeBerry, travaglia, bo allen, jack Whitlock, Shanahan/Faull and Simms

2 genuine mids (an iron fist and a silk glove), 1 med forward freak, both wings (I'd be starting Bo Allan out there - he is quick), and three (3) KPF's.

would speed us up (berry, travaglia and Allen are quick, jagga and lalor aren't slow). I suspect Simms is quick too

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Jagga, FOS, Lalor, Berry, Travalgia and Sims all in the first round please.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

1-6-9-10-12-14-20-21-22
And then, just to warm the old cockles of the heart. Imagine a roughly 75% success rate with the early draft picks. Rather than a 15% success rate with random late hopefuls.

Jagga, FOS, Lalor, Berry, Travalgia and Sims all in the first round please.

theres a few brownlows in there.

Like bob marley said

'Ex-o-dus!!!! Movement of Jah people ... great god will come from da sky!'

1-6-9-10-12-14-20-21-22
Surely we would trade out for 2025 1st Rd picks?

Big article in HS on Sam Davidson by Jon Ralph:

So first Ralpjy tells the world that our players aren't worth the mooted trade picks and now he is highlighting a player we may have our eyes on, (i suppose we could of picked him up in the pre-season draft if we really wanted him though)

HS
Sam Davidson looms as VFL’s top draft prospect after impressive season at Richmond
A Richmond VFL bolter looms as a key piece of the club’s AFL rebuild — as long as the Tigers can ward off growing interest from rivals who are clamouring over Sam Davidson.

SAM DAVIDSON'S 2024 VFL SEASON​

MATCHES: 17
DISPOSALS: 14.4
CONTESTED POSSESSIONS: 6.9
MARKS: 3.8
GOALS: 1.5 (26 TOTAL)
SCORE INVOLVEMENTS: 5.8
TACKLES: 3.2
RANKING POINTS: 80

• Angry
Surely we would trade out for 2025 1st Rd picks?
Not saying we are gonna take all these. I'm saying that after Sos Bakes Shai Fridge are done, this is what we have. By the time Dillion reads Pick 1 Richmond, it'll look different.

Big article in HS on Sam Davidson by Jon Ralph:

So first Ralpjy tells the world that our players aren't worth the mooted trade picks and now he is highlighting a player we may have our eyes on, (i suppose we could of picked him up in the pre-season draft if we really wanted him though)

HS
Sam Davidson looms as VFL’s top draft prospect after impressive season at Richmond
A Richmond VFL bolter looms as a key piece of the club’s AFL rebuild — as long as the Tigers can ward off growing interest from rivals who are clamouring over Sam Davidson.

SAM DAVIDSON'S 2024 VFL SEASON​

MATCHES: 17
DISPOSALS: 14.4
CONTESTED POSSESSIONS: 6.9
MARKS: 3.8
GOALS: 1.5 (26 TOTAL)
SCORE INVOLVEMENTS: 5.8
TACKLES: 3.2
RANKING POINTS: 80

Could conceivable,y go 20-30, Isaac smith went r1 as a VFL player

Not saying we are gonna take all these. I'm saying that after Sos Bakes Shai Fridge are done, this is what we have. By the time Dillion reads Pick 1 Richmond, it'll look different.
BTW I think we take 6 in Nov. I've said that all along.