2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

If Norf wants Trainor or Armstrong they will trade down. They can possibly get both of them if they trade 2 for 6 and 10 from us, for example. Or 7 & 8 from St Kilda, assuming Band 1 Battle comp.

If Norf keep pick 2 they'll be going for a mid because they're the best players in this draft.

Reactions: 10 users
Ok I will bite.

How is he sliding?

haha beat me to it.

he hasn't turned in a less-than-very-good game for 3 years, and nobody else is really starring,

and he's sliding?

maybe he meant he was always at 6 and is just holding ground?

or he meant hes sliding like Taylor Swifts popularity?

Reactions: 1 users
Draft as it stands

1. FOS ( Rich )
2. Trainor ( Nth )
3. Draper ( WC )
4. Smillie/Langford ( Ad )
5. Lalor ( Melb )
6. Smith (GC/Rich )

that is plausible I think,

although I do believe it relies on Crows recruiter being pretty incompetent?

a bid will come on Ashcroft in there, but I dont see how that changes anything.

I'm on the fence on FOS and Jagga. Rapt to get either. If they make it, I see Jagga as a Simon Black who will anchor the side. I see FOS as a Cotchy, enough said, but his junior form is not at the uber dominance of Cotchy. I think its highly likely they both make it, but Smith is more likely based on exposed form. I'd prefer Cotchy over Black, but would be rapt with either.
Imagine getting a Simon Black in this draft. Three time premiership player, Brownlow, Norm Smith and 300+ games.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Agree get FJ back in on a full time basis if Toce is unwell. Who’s the WA guy? Maybe bring him in too.

If Norf wants Trainor or Armstrong they will trade down. They can possibly get both of them if they trade 2 for 6 and 10 from us, for example. Or 7 & 8 from St Kilda, assuming Band 1 Battle comp.

If Norf keep pick 2 they'll be going for a mid because they're the best players in this draft.

and thats why I think there will be movement in that top 6 or so picks. Adelaide for example, I reckon could trade up to try and guarantee Draper. They are all in on him.

Reckon we could end up with 1 and 4 if we get 6 out of the GC.

1 and 4 with Draper going at 2, guarantees us 2 of FOS, Smith and Lalor.

• Love
that is plausible I think,

although I do believe it relies on Crows recruiter being pretty incompetent?

a bid will come on Ashcroft in there, but I dont see how that changes anything.

If there is any chance that WC could go for Draper, then the Crows will move up to 2. As many expect, I don't think North are looking at mids this draft, they need talls and could slide back to 6 and 10-14 and still get Trainor and probably Armstrong

1 - Rich - FOS
2 - Adelaide - Draper
3 - West Coast - Lalor
4 - Richmond - Smith
5 - Melbourne - Reid
6 - North - Trainor
7 - Saints - Smillie
8 - Essendon - Langford
9 - Richmond - Berry
10 - Richmond - Lindsey / Travaglia
11 - Carlton - Lindsey / Travaglia
12 - West Coast - Allan
13 - GC - will trade this to someone - Hotton
14 - North - Armstrong

Just as an example. I reckon that probably works out for most teams.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
If there is any chance that WC could go for Draper, then the Crows will move up to 2. As many expect, I don't think North are looking at mids this draft, they need talls and could slide back to 6 and 10-14 and still get Trainor and probably Armstrong

1 - Rich - FOS
2 - Adelaide - Draper
3 - West Coast - Lalor
4 - Richmond - Smith
5 - Melbourne - Reid
6 - North - Trainor
7 - Saints - Smillie
8 - Essendon - Langford
9 - Richmond - Berry
12 - West Coast - Allan
14 - North - Armstrong

How does Adelaide move up to 2?

Reactions: 1 user

1 - Rich - FOS
2 - Adelaide - Draper
3 - West Coast - Lalor
4 - Richmond - Smith
5 - Melbourne - Reid
6 - North - Trainor
7 - Saints - Smillie
8 - Essendon - Langford
9 - Richmond - Berry
12 - West Coast - Allan
14 - North - Armstrong

Any chance of WC trading pick 3 for Baker, pick 10 and a second rounder?

Any chance of WC trading pick 3 for Baker, pick 10 and a second rounder?

No. I don't see anyway that WC trade out of the top 5, and Baker won't get us talking about Pick 3. IMO thats cloud cuckoo land stuff. I also don't think the Barass pick will have anything to do with Bakes either.

and thats why I think there will be movement in that top 6 or so picks. Adelaide for example, I reckon could trade up to try and guarantee Draper. They are all in on him.

Reckon we could end up with 1 and 4 if we get 6 out of the GC.

Getting FOS and Lalor would absolutely set us up for a decade

2 match winning MID/FWDS

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
How does Adelaide move up to 2?

I just threw a couple of options together there. Maybe a bit of mayo around the edges but I have something like:

Adelaide - In 2 and 22. Out 4, 20 and 42 (reckon they get 20 as part of a futures trade for Lukosius)
North - In 6, 14 and 42. Out 2 and 22
Richmond - In 4 and 20. Out 6 and 14 (the Brisbane pick for points)

I don't think there will be mass premiums paid for these sort of moves as it pretty much benefits all 3 clubs equally.

I'm on the fence on FOS and Jagga. Rapt to get either. If they make it, I see Jagga as a Simon Black who will anchor the side. I see FOS as a Cotchy, enough said, but his junior form is not at the uber dominance of Cotchy. I think its highly likely they both make it, but Smith is more likely based on exposed form. I'd prefer Cotchy over Black, but would be rapt with either.
I’m really not sure where the Cotchin/FOS comparison comes from? Can’t see any similarities.
Cotchin had gears. His first gear although short in distance was electric and his attack on the ball was ferocious.
FOS reminds me of Hugh McLuggage. Classy and skilful and fairly good overhead. Nothing to sneeze at but not a generational talent like the Chimp

I just threw a couple of options together there. Maybe a bit of mayo around the edges but I have something like:

Adelaide - In 2 and 22. Out 4, 20 and 42 (reckon they get 20 as part of a futures trade for Lukosius)
North - In 6, 14 and 42. Out 2 and 22
Richmond - In 4 and 20. Out 6 and 14 (the Brisbane pick for points)

I don't think there will be mass premiums paid for these sort of moves as it pretty much benefits all 3 clubs equally.
Why would we do that and not just get pick 2 ourselves? Adelaide is basically moving up for pick 42.

Getting FOS and Lalor would absolutely set us up for a decade

2 match winning MID/FWDS

I'd love them both,

but have reservations about our speed and agility.

not saying these blokes are slow and run straight lines,

but they aint $hai Bolton.

and they have to rotate with Tarranto, Hopper, Ross and McCaulliffe for at least 5 years.

Id be concerned its a long term, diesel powered, midfield.

their 20m and agility data will be interesting

I think Jagga and JoeBerry give us a bit more zig and zag.

But yeah Id love all 4. and the crazy thing is, its not impossible

I’m really not sure where the Cotchin/FOS comparison comes from? Can’t see any similarities.
Cotchin had gears. His first gear although short in distance was electric and his attack on the ball was ferocious.
FOS reminds me of Hugh McLuggage. Classy and skilful and fairly good overhead. Nothing to sneeze at but not a generational talent like the Chimp
Don't disagree at all, its more just a vibe, class and wow factor. I do think FOS could be a generational talent, but as you say, could "just" be a McLuggage. Its all just impressions really. I love them both, both will be very good players, and both could be generational.

thats a pretty huge conundrum if we have to pick 2 of FOS, Smith and Lalor.

me? today, I reckon im going Jagga and Lalor.

That latest clip of Lalor slimmed down a bit, doing a harley ried routine, got me.

I have no doubt FOS is a ripper,

But I havnt seen a lip-licking game from him this year.

and I'm sorry,

but im unapologetically evidence based.

what 2 are people taking of those 3?

Why would we do that and not just get pick 2 ourselves? Adelaide is basically moving up for pick 42.
Don't worry about it spoof. Remember, we are now officially in the MPP - Magic Pudding Period - where people all over the country speculate over literally tens of thousands of player trades, pick trades, and club draftee selections, and cook up scenarios that, 99% of the time do not eventuate.

Save on wasted mental energy and just wait until the trade period is done in 6 weeks or so. :ROFLMAO: