2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I'm worried we will end up with 4 picks in the first round. Last time that happened we got a 25% return.

1RichmondBrett Deledio
4RichmondRichard Tambling
12RichmondDanny Meyer
16RichmondAdam Pattison

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
I'm worried we will end up with 4 picks in the first round. Last time that happened we got a 25% return.

1RichmondBrett Deledio
12RichmondDanny Meyer
16RichmondAdam Pattison
I would like to think that the recruiting budget has been somewhat improved since then.

Reactions: 5 users

1RichmondBrett Deledio
12RichmondDanny Meyer
16RichmondAdam Pattison
Have faith in Toce its not the same gang making the draft calls

Reactions: 1 user

1RichmondBrett Deledio
12RichmondDanny Meyer
16RichmondAdam Pattison
And Polo at 20 I think

1RichmondBrett Deledio
12RichmondDanny Meyer
16RichmondAdam Pattison
Things are so much different now. All the camps/trials/testing they do, all the people that follow the draftees and their opinions. More footage, more analysis. Play in VFL. Consensus is now usually universal around the top 10ish.

I believe Greg Miller is back
Arnold Im Back GIF by Death Wish Coffee
might take the call this time after I donated a couple of ks for Angus

Is his pace the only reason why he isn’t in the conversation with Jagga, FOS, Lalor etc.?
Probably. But I tell you what, he runs quicker and over longer distances than Smillie at this stage. Not saying Big Willie Smillie isn't a good footballer and won't be in the AFL, but Langford has him covered in a couple of areas for mine.

Reactions: 3 users
6 and 20 would be great for Rioli

Although is 13 of any use to gold coast with the Lombard selection looming

6 and 13 for Rioli and 29 and other later picks for points. Pick 29 they could use for noble

If 6 goes to us, then they will also trade out Pick 13, likely into next year.

Is his pace the only reason why he isn’t in the conversation with Jagga, FOS, Lalor etc.?
Langford has had a brilliant year, Larke medallist, can’t do much more. If has some endurance I could see him being a very good goal kicking winger / half forward that could also pinch hit in the middle. Great Pickett replacement ??

Reactions: 2 users
Wont know until tested i spose, but I reckon he has another gear above his cruising speed. But he does cruise a lot. As Redford said tho what a mark. Park him forward resting and he will do damage.

Depending on how the trade period pans out, I reckon a relatively late trade to move picks around in the 1st round could happen.

Something like:

Adelaide in - 2 and 22. Out 4, 20 (assuming they get this as part a Luko trade in - they would use their F1) and 42
North - In 6, 14 and 42. Out 2 and 22
Richmond - In 4 and 20. Out 6 and 14 (from Brisbane for points)

Adelaide guarantee themselves Draper.
North slip back, still probably get Trainor and upgrade their 2nd pick
Richmond potentially get ourselves a FOS / Jagga or FOS / Lalor double, little bit of a slide back from the Brisbane pick.

If we get the picks we expect from Freo, then we would be going into the draft with 1,4,9,10,20,21,and 22 (Graham compo). Haven't worked out if we would have picks later than this, we probably would, so could potentially try and trade 20 or 22 a bit higher too, or just hold them and grab a few talls, or trade into 2025.

The 1st 4 picks if they are the highest picks could get us a FOS/Jagga/Lalor split with the 1st 2, and then 2 of Langford, Reid, Allan, Lindsey, Travaglia, Hotton, Berry.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Have faith in Toce its not the same gang making the draft calls
I heard a very disturbing rumour this evening regarding Toce.
Apparently seriously ill and bedridden. Not sure he’ll have much input into the trade period.
Confirming my sources and will revert

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13 users