2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I reckon Toce drafting of wangeneen-Milera gives us an insight into who he will select at 1

He will go for the X factor.
And no one on PRE rated him. Well almost no one.

But he took NWM at pick 11, not at pick 1. He may have had 10 other guys ahead of NWM, he may had 5 but it's clear that he wasn't at 1. Different strategy.

I still look at Jager and find his body of work very hard to ignore. If FOS can somehow put together something like that in a couple of games he can close the gap. But right now in August, that's how it feels.

Reactions: 7 users
I'm still favouring fos at number 1,has the higher ceiling and looks a dangerous forward.
I know one thing for sure JS..and I will even bet Craig's left nut on it (hopefully you still have one Craigo)...that no matter who we pick at 1 there will be countless stories 12 - 18 months later on how Richmond stuffed up...and so and so should have been first pick :rolleyes: (insert player from another team).

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I still look at Jager and find his body of work very hard to ignore. If FOS can somehow put together something like that in a couple of games he can close the gap. But right now in August, that's how it feels.
Agree you cant ignore the body of work just a few months out from draft day.

For me its Jagga then just below FOS/Lalor.

For me Lalor is the interesting one. Huge watch on him on what he does next.

Reactions: 6 users
And no one on PRE rated him. Well almost no one.

But he took NWM at pick 11, not at pick 1. He may have had 10 other guys ahead of NWM, he may had 5 but it's clear that he wasn't at 1. Different strategy.

It might depend on if we have other picks in the top 5.

If we go back to the Franklin draft, from all reports, Hawks didn't have Roughhead higher than Franklin on their board, but believed that we wouldn't take him, but we would take Roughead. They were right, we were wrong.

Could be the same scenario here.

Would North take FOS with 2 - yeah I can see that, would they take Jagga - not sure they would bearing in mind how many mids they have and his perceived lack of positional flexibility.

Would WCE take Jagga - again not really sure if they would. I think they want to build a bigger midfield, so reckon they'd have FOS and possibly Lalor ahead of him./

Would Adelaide take him - maybe if Draper wasn't there.

So it could come down to what other picks we have, and who we think other clubs might take. Jagga could go at 1, or could slide to 4-6 IMO. Not sure FOS goes past 3.

Reactions: 8 users
I know one thing for sure JS..and I will even bet Craig's left nut on it (hopefully you still have one Craigo)...that no matter who we pick at one there will be countless stories 12 - 18 months later on how Richmond stuffed up...and so and so should have been first pick :rolleyes: (insert player from another team).
That’s for sure. Won’t just be in the media but on PRE as well :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I just think that wanganeen/millera pick demonstrated that he will take a risk and project forward. From memory it was a bit of a surprise and has turned out to be an excellent selection

I also think if we get pick 5 or 6 then the strategy of picks will be interesting and it will be the Deledio Roughead over again.

So Dan Rioli has officially requested a trade, Twomey thinks pick 6 will be offered.

6 and 20 would be great for Rioli

Although is 13 of any use to gold coast with the Lombard selection looming

6 and 13 for Rioli and 29 and other later picks for points. Pick 29 they could use for noble

Reactions: 2 users