2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Watched a few of the highlight games of prospective midfielders on the weekend and have to say I loved the rounded game of Langford. Has height, knows how to tackle hard, took some ripper marks when playing forward and had forward nouse. Was a really good kick to advantage at distance. Jagga certainly knows how to get the ball but found he handballs a bit too much (excellent at it with vision) and kicks were typically quite short and often sideways and tackles wasn't a strong point. Smillie looks a bit ungainly to me and a little bit more unreliable with his kicking. Just thought Langford was most damaging. Didn't get to see much of FOS but he looked very classy playing VFL.

It's tough, no real standout which makes pick #1 a little more risky getting the best in the draft than a few of the past seasons. But surely we can't stuff it up too badly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I reckon Toce drafting of wangeneen-Milera gives us an insight into who he will select at 1

He will go for the X factor.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
No one on PRE seems to rate Smillie.
Not sure the draft experts or recruiters agree.
Would not be surprised in the slightest if we called his name with our second pick

Last edited:
I've been thinking along similar lines as others, namely Tec-Tikor and the big Ease.

Assume out goes Bolton for 9,10, Rioli for 6 and 13, trade picks for lions 14, Baker for 17, Graham nets compo 22,

Trade Melbourne 5 and f2 for our 10 and 14.
Dees get to trade 10 for Rachelle and then pick a key forward with 14 eg Armstrong / Shanahan.

Trade Wce 3 and f2 for 9 and 13
Wet toast get Trainor (replacement for Barass) and Bo Allan.

(Maybe both these trades dont get the f2. The other clubs need incentive to shuffle down. F3? Whatevs)

We get 1 3 5 6 17 21 22
North hopefully take the best big mid Smillie. Crows take Draper.
We take FOS Lalor Smith Hotton Whitlock Faull Dattoli

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
No one on PRE seems to rate Smillie.
Not sure the draft experts or recruiters agree.
Would not be surprised in the slightest if we called his name with our second pick
From what I've been reading he's rated well enough but simply not around our first or the top 5 draft picks by our pundits. Probably somewhere 5 to 10 so if we get some extra early picks he'd come into contention depending of course on the mix n balance of the type we pick first.

Reactions: 1 user
I know, but footy season agony is finally over n now it's all about the excitement of fantasy speculation about our 10 top 30 picks in the draft. None of this harsh reality and accuracy is acceptable at the moment TBH, we need time to soothe the hurt n embarrassment with a bit of positive delusion for a few months.
Only 10 picks in the top 30? We been dudded

Reactions: 1 users

so a realistic

in this latest order could yield us

pick of Jagga/Fos at 1
lalor at 6
Allen at 9
langford at 10 (with Lalor and Allen in the bag, you could pass on Langford and go for agility like Hotton?)
Travaglia at 14
Joe Berry at 17
our pick of Whitlock/hynes/sims at 20

FOS (Jagga), Lalor, Allen, Langford, joeBerry, Sims

would be one hell of a haul

(I'd be pulling the trigger on joeBerry at 9 or 10)

with all that power inside (lalor, Allen, langford), I'd add Jagga to the mix over FOS.

it seems most likely we will need to make a call between Jagga and FOS at 1 and forego the other

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users