2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I don't think Lalor gets to 6.

No chance.

As mentioned the other day, there is a pretty clear top 4 (outside academy's) putting a gap ahead of the rest.

Blair's task will be trying to get two of them.

Reactions: 8 users
jagga and lalor are cotch and dusty. Need to get both of em in, and give them 9 and 4 respectively. and wait for our next upcoming premiership.

Reactions: 1 user
How anyone could have Turlington ahead of Evangalista is beyond me. You are a terrible judge of beautiful women!!!

Schiffer is the Guy Smillie of supermodels.
I'm a big fan of Guy Smillie. I appreciate LE is elite, but I always got a mums sexy friend from tennis vibe. Thats not a bad thing and still eminently draftable, but puts her well and truly into the second tier for me.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Pick1 -> FOS
Pick6 -> Lalor

Take it to the bank

Ps. The only way we’re getting Jagga is if we get Eagles pick3 😉

Just trying to calculate if it is possible to get multiple high picks. Could mix and match other numbers etc. Obviously things will move around come trade time. Not trying to get the highest pick/maximum result out of every trade.

Current picks 1, 21, 29, 39, 41, 47, 57, 66, 73

With a rather even deep draft it might be a case of teams looking to split high picks with Richmond among the only buyer = Buyers Market.

Assume Graham comp pick 22 (worst it can be is pick 39 or 40)

Rioli to GC for 13, 20, 26 - Leaves GC with pick 6 and should be inside a Lombard bid plus they will still have enough picks for points for the Lombard bid. Think they would take it. Pick 20 might be important for us with Fremantle.

Bolton, Baker + 20 to Fremantle for 9, 10, 17, 27 = Think Fremantle needs that (finals) experience of both players, plus pick 20 allows them to reset the 2 in 4 first round pick rule to make a play at Warner next year.

Picks 29, 39, 41, 66, 73 = around 1,600 points for Brisbane pick 14 (1161) - means Brisbane (with their other picks) have enough for a bid a pick 3.

Pick 9 + 13 to North for pick 2

Picks 14 & 17 Melbourne for pick 5. Or even possible Pick 21 (or 20's pick) + Lynch + salary(?) for pick 5 - will leave that out though.

Would be left with

Pick 1, 2, 5, 10, 21, 22, 26, 27, 47, 57 .. Deals could be maybe made to try and convert a couple of those 20's picks into future 1st's.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I'm a big fan of Guy Smillie. I appreciate LE is elite, but I always got a mums sexy friend from tennis vibe. Thats not a bad thing and still eminently draftable, but puts her well and truly into the second tier for me.
Once you go Naomi Campbell, you can’t go back

Just trying to calculate if it is possible to get multiple high picks. Could mix and match other numbers etc. Obviously things will move around come trade time. Not trying to get the highest pick/maximum result out of every trade.

With a rather even deep draft it might be a case of teams looking to split high picks with Richmond among the only buyer = Buyers Market.

Rioli to GC for 13, 20, 26 - Leaves GC with pick 6 and should be inside a Lombard bid plus they will still have enough picks for points for the Lombard bid. Think they would take it. Pick 20 might be important for us with Fremantle.

Bolton, Baker + 20 to Fremantle for 9, 10, 17, 27 = Think Fremantle needs that (finals) experience of both players, plus pick 20 allows them to reset the 2 in 4 first round pick rule to make a play at Warner next year.

Picks 29, 39, 41, 66, 73 = around 1,600 points for Brisbane pick 14 (1161) - means Brisbane (with their other picks) have enough for a bid a pick 3.

Picks 14 & 17 Melbourne for pick 5. Or even possible Pick 21 (or 20's pick) + Lynch + salary(?) for pick 5 - will leave that out though.

Would be left with

Pick 1, 2, 5, 10, 21, 22, 26, 27, 47, 57 .. Deals could be maybe made to try and convert a couple of those 20's picks into future 1st's.
Man,you should be working at Richmond 👍

Would be left with

This is the stuff I'm here for. Good work @Teckor. Nothing there looks to be a reach.

Are you expecting we would pay some of Rioli's salary in that trade scenario?

Is it possible Baker has committed to West Coast?

Do we need to get more from Brisbane given the points difference in that swap of picks? Perhaps a third rounder next year?

The closest thing to Nick Daicos in this draft. His lateral movement is elite. Spins on a dime. Worst case he becomes a Zak Butters.

jeepers I really dont see Daicos here at all.

The kicking is average at best, sure Jagga can move well but his kicking lets him down, nowhere near Daicos level, not even close

Reactions: 5 users

Would be left with

North nor Melbourne would go for that

Reactions: 2 users
jeepers I really dont see Daicos here at all.

The kicking is average at best, sure Jagga can move well but his kicking lets him down, nowhere near Daicos level, not even close
Me neither. Strange comparison. Odd sidestep maybe but otherwise Jags doesn't run anywhere near the distance levels N Daicos did as a junior or with the speed. N Daicos kicking ability far better. Longer and more accurate. N Daicos moves the ball forward and breaks lines much more than Jags.

Jags gets more clearance handballs off than N Daicos.

2 very different players for mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
North nor Melbourne would go for that
Just throwing some numbers around to see what comes up or is posible. Not trying to give exact trades.

If North or Melbourne are looking to split - the teams with those picks are GC and Fremantle. It just so happens that GC and Fremantle are the teams who will be trading with Richmond for players. So Richmond will be involved in some way unless other teams split with 2024 and future picks.