2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

We win a few clearances but our disposal is woefull and we can’t hit targets. No forward will mark our forward entries and inability to create space.
Saying that I’ve said on here many times before that we should definitely be drafting the best tall available but not sure who that is and don’t think they’ll be in the top ten anyway.
I’m leaning to Jack Whitlock myself due to his height and exceptional athleticism.
And I’d be rooking Archie May
Yeah Jack Whitlock for me as well,,maybe Jonty Faull as the CHF ,but also there are a few medium types, who are really strong marks and can kick goals.

Jagga is my third favourite player in this draft in the same way Linda Evangalista was my third favourite supermodel.

I had a nude Elle McPherson on my teenage bedroom wall;

Her fulsome curves seared on my retinas.

which doesn't really explain my love for Jagga at all,

who is much more Kate Moss.

though I did have a very soft spot for Kylie Minogue?

if I was pressed to cast FOS, who I would take at 2, as a poster,

it would have to be Johnny Depp as Edward Scissor Hands?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
One thing that has me warming to Jagga at pick 1 is I know he is smallish for a midfielder, which has always had me worried as well (for pick 1 anyway)...but he seems to be the rangy/sinewy type who seems he will not get injured as much as you think.

jagga has hardly missed a game (if at all?) in 3 years of an intense footy schedule.

durability is a very underrated quality

Reactions: 11 users
The other thing about Jagga is his character. By all accounts extremely professional, leaves no stone unturned, willing to learn and work on weaknesses.

Reactions: 5 users
The other thing about Jagga is his character. By all accounts extremely professional, leaves no stone unturned, willing to learn and work on weaknesses.

despite everyones different desires, and rightly or wrongly in retrospect,

he really is a bit of a no brainer No.1

Ashcroft just behind

Reactions: 1 user
Pick1 -> FOS
Pick6 -> Lalor

Take it to the bank

Ps. The only way we’re getting Jagga is if we get Eagles pick3 😉

Reactions: 5 users
I probably am reading too much into it but Morris publicly declaring that FOS was on another level after a reserves game in which both FOS and Jagga played makes me think the club would take FOS ahead of Jagga

Reactions: 2 users
Campbell, Crawford, Turlington, Schiffer, Bundchen. Evo very competitive, but not in the top 10 for me.

I think the mooted top nonchalent; FOS, Smith, Draper and Lalor too, are all guns. Happy with any of them and glad its not me making the call. My concerns are Smilie, Reid and Langford who are a bit overrated, a poor kick under pressure and slow respectively. All 3 are worthy 2nd tier and top 10 in a strong draft, but second tier nonetheless.
How anyone could have Turlington ahead of Evangalista is beyond me. You are a terrible judge of beautiful women!!!

Schiffer is the Guy Smillie of supermodels.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Pick1 -> FOS
Pick6 -> Lalor

Take it to the bank

Ps. The only way we’re getting Jagga is if we get Eagles pick3 😉
I don't think Lalor gets to 6.

I probably am reading too much into it but Morris publicly declaring that FOS was on another level after a reserves game in which both FOS and Jagga played makes me think the club would take FOS ahead of Jagga
Toce seems like a 'ceiling' man to me.

Reactions: 1 user
The good news is Oakleigh have at least one more game, and the way they took care of Sandy they could go deep into finals.

Reactions: 3 users