2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Not sure why so many do not like him. Finding the pill is not that easy. Finding it more than anyone else almost every game even harder. The other stuff he can improve on. But finding it more than anyone else is inate.

I hope we get him.
He sort of has the Anthony Miles physique on him up close.

Not sure whether thats a good or a bad thing but Miles could find the ball pretty easily

And now Cats have to go to Port - lose. Carlton go to Bris - lose. So we get to see Carl lose 2 big games instead of just one, and Cats now likely to go out in straight sets. I think they will play winner of Hawks v Bulldogs, either of which will beat the cats.

And we enhance our draft hand. It is terrific.
I reckon Geelong beats Hawks. Experience goes a long way in finals

If Richmond are looking to trade up the draft to get that extra pick inside the Top 5 the other team look at is probably Melbourne (pick 5). Especially with their GM saying last week that the group needs to 'get older' which makes it sound like they are all in with this group and not looking at the draft as such. Apparently their future 1st is on the table too.

First thing that comes to mind in a total rebuild is Lynch + later 1st round pick/ % salary?. Not sure that's a viable trade with Lynch's injurys and age but they may also look at just splitting pick 5 to trade for other players

The GM Alan Richardson's comments last week -

“We need to get older, we know we can’t get younger, it’s a recipe for disaster,” Richardson said in a statement to Fox Footy

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I am not normally a 'mailman' guy, but heard from a 'credible source' that anyone who wants to leave has been told they can. Bolton, Rioli gone (Rioli for a mega money deal) and both for 2 x 1st round picks. 2nd round picks traded back on the Rioli deal. Fridge and Baker gone. Targeting minimum 8 x first rounders across next two drafts. Nothing especially new, but is now the accepted strategy at the club pre Tas intro.
Really hurt seeing Rioli go but i think its the best for the club that we attack this rebuild.
I don't begrudge any of the premiership crew too set themselves up post football or for family reasons.
Goodluck and Thanks for the premierships.

Reactions: 1 users
I’ve heard some more mail, rumours I guess. Third hand information but there are a lot of unhappy people at Richmond. Yze not very popular.

Source is someone involved at another Melbourne club. Not gospel but that is what has been communicated to me.
Yeah well i've said my piece why.
No surprise.

“We need to get older, we know we can’t get younger, it’s a recipe for disaster,” Richardson said in a statement to Fox Footy
Plotting The Simpsons GIF

Reactions: 1 user
If Richmond are looking to trade up the draft to get that extra pick inside the Top 5 the other team look at is probably Melbourne (pick 5). Especially with their GM saying last week that the group needs to 'get older' which makes it sound like they are all in with this group and not looking at the draft as such. Apparently their future 1st is on the table too.

First thing that comes to mind in a total rebuild is Lynch + later 1st round pick/ % salary?. Not sure that's a viable trade with Lynch's injurys and age but they may also look at just splitting pick 5 to trade for other players

If Rachelle is on the outer at Adelaide, reckon Melbourne would look at him over a draftee, but 5 is too high for him, we could help satisfy them.

Let say we get 13 off the Suns as part of the Rioli / points trade, what about 5 and 38 for 13 and 23 (assuming we get that as part of the Baker trade). 38 will help us in points trades with Brisbane.

Reactions: 2 users
2004 - 5 picks in the top 20. How good is that?

>> 2016 Lids was a pretty good player til he got injured I guess.

2021 - 5 picks in the top 30. This is unreal!

>> 2024 Are any of them going to make it?

I love a good honeymoon period. Hopefully this time we find a player or two.

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users
If Rachelle is on the outer at Adelaide, reckon Melbourne would look at him over a draftee, but 5 is too high for him, we could help satisfy them.

Let say we get 13 off the Suns as part of the Rioli / points trade, what about 5 and 38 for 13 and 23 (assuming we get that as part of the Baker trade). 38 will help us in points trades with Brisbane.

Melbourne's future 1st may be a bargain too If they are thinking top 4 next year. Could easily have another poor season.

Could well get it somewhat on the cheap and end up with a high draft pick in 2025. Bit more of a lottery though.

Melbourne's future 1st may be a bargain too If they are thinking top 4 next year. Could easily have another poor season.

Could well get it somewhat on the cheap and end up with a high draft pick in 2025. Bit more of a lottery though.
I reckon they might dangle their future 1st in front of Ports noses for Houston. Adding Houston / Rachelle to their mid mix / forward line would be a good move for them IMO. I think they will reload for 1 last crack with this list. I don't think either Oliver or Petracca will leave.

I reckon they might dangle their future 1st in front of Ports noses for Houston. Adding Houston / Rachelle to their mid mix / forward line would be a good move for them IMO. I think they will reload for 1 last crack with this list. I don't think either Oliver or Petracca will leave.

According to Jay Clarke - Houston has done a backflip and will not go to Melbourne..

Also apparently Melbourne also offered a 5 year deal to Jake Waterman but he has come out and said he'll be staying at West Coast.

Blobbo playing with “The Tackle” says “Bolton not worth two first round draft picks!!”
And then compares him to Jake Stringer…..
Like WTF Blobbo…. ??
Seriously cooked in the coconut.

Regards,
Stan

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Having a good look at Jagga

Incredible ball winning ability, especially at stoppages, knocks up getting clearances, has an instinct for where the ball is going, excellent hands and agility. Thats the positives

The negatives are many however,

He is so light, doubt he is 70kg, and doubt he will ever be 80kg in his life, so his body projects to end up as Clinton King
I reckon his kicking is actually below average or average at best, very conservative in his ball use by foot, and I reckon this is the reason,

Due to his weight and low hurt factor I doubt he ever makes it as a star in the AFL, will play 200 games but, will never be elite.

Reactions: 1 users
Pretty easy choice for 1 with FOS. You couldn’t live with yourself if took anyone else and he ended being a star.

Reactions: 3 users
2004 - 5 picks in the top 20. How good is that?

>> 2016 Lids was a pretty good player til he got injured I guess.

2021 - 5 picks in the top 30. This is unreal!

>> 2024 Are any of them going to make it?

I love a good honeymoon period. Hopefully this time we find a player or two.
Missed 1 oldie handing Geelong our 1st pick in 2020 (like we are the superstars of the draft) for them to cash and get Holmes.

The 5 in 30 is number 1 worse, at least 2004 we got Deledio.

Find it hard to judge lalor from just highlights but he does look treacle slow and I doubt he gets up and down the ground much.