2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Pick 6 enough I reckon
Possibly but we need to bend them over. He’s contracted and we hold the cards. Pay up or Danny boy stays. Not like he’s heading home so they can’t pull on that heart string.

Reactions: 7 users
It's not a miracle. It's actually pretty close to what will happen. Unless Bolton Baker and Rioli all suddenly change their minds, or the recruiting dept has some wild other ideas.
It is rubbish we get either pick 2 or 3 IMO

Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn’t be chasing for pick 2. The 1-6 combo should net us a good midfield combo.

I would be hanging out 21 or 22 to the hawks for a F1. I reckon they would jump.

If we are going to trade for Brisbane’s first pick it would be better if they lost to Carlton in the elimination final. Brisbane would then have pick 12.
Feels dirty thinking that way.

Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn’t be chasing for pick 2. The 1-6 combo should net us a good midfield combo.

I would be hanging out 21 or 22 to the hawks for a F1. I reckon they would jump.
If Baker goes to WC he could be packaged up with another early pick to get pick 3

Reactions: 1 users
Other than offering youth, what guarantee do you get that pick 6 would match Rioli’s ability and output. On top of his leadership and Premiership experience?
I’d want a little more.
Absolutely no guarantee, I am just being more realistic than some of the outlandish expectations of some.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks again to @FootyStuffGuy (any chance of smillie, lalor and jagga videos this week too? not being greedy at all! but in all seriousness, very much appreciate these - best source of u18 clips there is)

Come on Blair, find a way to 'old el paso both' FOS + Jagga ........... (and draper, and smillie just in case he develops into body, and lalor of course, and at least 2 good key forwards)

Love how many times Jagga gets first hands then tee's FoS up for the outside receive.

Reactions: 7 users
yeah, but a non-damaging BOG :cool:
Not sure why so many do not like him. Finding the pill is not that easy. Finding it more than anyone else almost every game even harder. The other stuff he can improve on. But finding it more than anyone else is inate.

I hope we get him.

Reactions: 5 users
Surely at this point only two things matter:

1. Our draft hand
2. Geelong not winning the flag.
And now Cats have to go to Port - lose. Carlton go to Bris - lose. So we get to see Carl lose 2 big games instead of just one, and Cats now likely to go out in straight sets. I think they will play winner of Hawks v Bulldogs, either of which will beat the cats.

And we enhance our draft hand. It is terrific.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users