2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Have to say it Lalor is very Dusty like in the way he plays
Yeah he does move and kick similar to Dusty. Wearing the number 4 made it stand out more.

Strange that the commentator in that clip pronounced his name Lay-lar initially then changed to Lor-lar.

Reactions: 1 users
Love how many times Jagga gets first hands then tee's FoS up for the outside receive.
Would love to get Jagga. Not saying he's number 1, but watching us yesterday live against GC it was clear we severely lack players that can constantly mop up around contest to contest.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
If we are going to trade for Brisbane’s first pick it would be better if they lost to Carlton in the elimination final. Brisbane would then have pick 12.
Feels dirty thinking that way.
Think of it as a win win either way.

Reactions: 2 users
So you agree we should take Vontae at 1?

Been busy with kids sports etc. Getting back to this question. @bengal tigers also asked Leysy something about who is better than Lawler at 1. Didn't think anyone cared!! :LOL:

Am gunna be soft and answer in a roundabout way:

As you both know, not scared to have a strong opinion in this place. Mostly it works, very occasionally it doesn't. :eek:

But really don't have a strong opinion on pick 1. Will say, reckon there is now a clear cut top 4. Then a gap to the rest. In no order:

FoS - Class, step, agile, nice size, composure, skills etc. Always in this top echelon all year. Worthy no 1. Only small ? mark is his ability to win enough ball. Has he delivered a 35 touch, 15 contested, 7 clearance, 3 goal game?

Lawler - amazing kick, wins own footy, strong as an ox, good overhead, good first two steps, competitor. Is he Dusty? Is he De Goey? Is he Raynor? Only ? mark can he build his aerobic capacity. Great call by BT to always have him this high.

Draper - Low centre of gravity, strong, evasive, and puts opponents on back foot more than anyone else (which we badly need). reads the play. SA boy? And not quite as composed as the other 3.

Mick Jagga - Leysy's boy. Have read Lachie Neale comparisons. He'll never be that. His old man was a whippet all his life. Mick looks cut from the same cloth. He'll never be thick through the core. 100% more Zak Butters/Nick Daicos. have also read he's not quick - also wrong ILO. Combine his agility with his zip and he's the hardest to lay a hand on in this class bar Draper.

Another thing he's knocked for is his hurt factor - again completely disagree. Yes he might go short, but it's always to his teams advantage and keeps the flow of the chain going. Imagine him going into Hawthorn next year the way they move the ball. He would rack up 30 plus and 10 score involvements every week. His hurt factor, pace, agility, reading of the ball, head over the ball etc - are elite and still undersold.

The one thing Leysy agrees is a legit ? mark is his size. He will never be big built and a strong core. It will be butters/rozee not dusty/neale.

Soft answer - But reckon the 4 should be grouped together and can completely see why anyone would take one over the other.

Gun to the head would take FoS ATM if knew his Vo2 and aerobic stuff checked out. That probably hasn't changed since March.

Would also love if we could trade another pick to take a second player from this four. That should be a chance.

And FFS don't take Armstrong in the top 10 - There's your opinion. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 users
Not sure why so many do not like him. Finding the pill is not that easy. Finding it more than anyone else almost every game even harder. The other stuff he can improve on. But finding it more than anyone else is inate.

I hope we get him.
I don't think anyone doesn't like him. I like him. I just like FOS and Lalor better.

Been busy with kids sports etc. Getting back to this question. @bengal tigers also asked Leysy something about who is better than Lawler at 1. Didn't think anyone cared!! :LOL:

Am gunna be soft and answer in a roundabout way:

As you both know, not scared to have a strong opinion in this place. Mostly it works, very occasionally it doesn't. :eek:

But really don't have a strong opinion on pick 1. Will say, reckon there is now a clear cut top 4. Then a gap to the rest.

FoS - Class, step, agile, nice size, composure, skills etc. Always in this top echelon all year. Worthy no 1. Only small ? mark is his ability to win enough ball. Has he delivered a 35 touch, 15 contested, 7 clearance, 3 goal game?

Lawler - amazing kick, wins own footy, strong as an ox, good overhead, good first two steps, competitor. Only ? mark can he build his aerobic capacity. Great call by BT to always have him this high.

Draper - Low centre of gravity, strong, evasive, and puts opponents on back foot more than anyone else (which we badly need). reads the play. SA boy? And not quite as composed as the other 3.

Mick Jagga - Leysy's boy. Have read Lachie Neale comparisons. He'll never be that. His old man was a whippet all his life. Mick looks cut from the same cloth. He'll never be thick through the core. 100% more Zak Butters. have also read he's not quick - also wrong ILO. Combine his agility with his zip and he's the hardest to catch in this class bar Draper.

Another thing he's knocked for is his hurt factor - again completely disagree. Yes he might go short, but it's always to his teams advantage and keeps the flow of the chain going. Imagine him going into Hawthorn next year the way they ove the ball. He would rack up 30 plus and 10 score involvements every week. His hurt factor, pace, agility, reading of the ball, head over the ball etc - are elite and still undersold.

The one thing Leysy agrees is a legit ? mark is his size. He will never be big built and a strong core. It will be butters/rozee not dusty/neale.

Soft answer - But reckon the 4 should be grouped together and can completely see why anyone would take one over the other.

Gun to the head would take FoS if knew his Vo2 and aerobic stuff checked out.

Would also love if we could trade another pick to take a second player from this four. That should be a chance.

And FFS don't take Armstrong in the top 10 - There's your opinion. :D
Agree. FOS it is.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
So, it's:

FOS - the Chimp class
Jags - the extractor and link creator
Lalor - the power and execution
Berry - the speed and execution
Allan - the power and running

Awesome. I'm in.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Nah, port are hopeless under pressure, they'll choke
Houston and Farrell are big outs but they're playing finals footy and they have the wood on the Scats.

I wonder if we get pick 3 if Blair will give Adelaide a call and say we're taking Draper unless you swap pick 4 and a future second for pick 3.

I wouldn't discount smille he has probably the most upside of the top players he is agile for 194 booming kick can mark clearance machine. I still think he goes at pick 1 really we cant loose there is so many gun mids in the top 10

• Dislike
So, it's:

FOS - the Chimp class
Jags - the extractor and link creator
Lalor - the power and execution
Berry - the speed and execution
Allan - the power and running

Awesome. I'm in.
If we managed to get O’Sullivan,Lalor and Berry I’d be stoked.

Reactions: 3 users
If by some miracle we ended up with that, we'd have to have a shot at upgrading to pick 2 or 3
Depends on the cost comparison of upgrading so far compared to simply upgrading to pick 4 or 5 instead. Supposed to be nothing more than a coin toss between the top 5 choices as it is, plus Ashcroft is out of the picture.