2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I reckon Norf will try and split. They'll have Lalor and/or a tall or two in mind, all of whom will beyond pick 2 (or 1).

I agree. I think they'll split too. I think they will only draft a midfielder if they can play other roles, you see what they've done with Sheezel and McKercher the last 2 years, they'll be looking for the same, but probably at the forward end IMO, which brings Lalor right into conversations for the. They will be trying to figure out how they get Lalor and Trainor IMO, then they will take a tall forward with their 2nd rounder.

It may come down to where Lalor fits into the draft, they may need a top 6 pick, how do they get that AND still get Trainor. It possibly depends what we do.

If we end up with 9 and 10 from Freo as part of the Bolton trade, do we trade both for Pick 2 to get Smith and FOS as a 1-2? Would that even get them Lalor and Trainor? Maybe not. They may have to decide if they are more interested in tall stocks or mids.

I cant be bothered working it out but Didn't someone say that if we won by a goal or so, Norf would have to lose by about 70 points for us to over take them ?

I cant be bothered working it out but Didn't someone say that if we won by a goal or so, Norf would have to lose by about 70 points for us to over take them ?

Under 75 point buffer

e.g. Richmond win by 10 points and Hawthorn by 65 then North % with be 0.1% lower than Richmond

Reactions: 2 users
I dont think we will have pick 1.

I can see us winning tomorrow & North getting flogged

I reckon we will win the game and Pick 1.

75 point odd differential between us and Norf?

I reckon Tiger by 3 goals and Hawks by 5 goals

anyway,

Pick 1 is worth 3000 points

Pick 2 is worth *smile* Hardwick's *smile* up

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
For those us not sure about FOS's ability to "rack em up", (me included), here's some comforting highlights.

29 disposals in the first video. 27 in the second video.

These are from last year.

As an underager.....

couldn't figure out who he reminded me of but it came to me - Lenny Hayes.

Under 75 point buffer

e.g. Richmond win by 10 points and Hawthorn by 65 then North % with be 0.1% lower than Richmond
Thats actually very possible considering they(North) got their pants pulled down last week.

It really comes down to whether Dimma really wants to smash his old team and drills them to do this. I suspect he will want to do well

Reactions: 1 user
I reckon we will win the game and Pick 1.

doesn't there need to be a 140 point odd differential between us and Norf?

I reckon Tiger by 3 goals and Hawks by 5 goals

anyway,

they can stick their pick points scale up their arses

Pick 2 is worth *smile* Hardwick's *smile* up
na, its a lot closer than that

Thats actually very possible considering they(North) got their pants pulled down last week.

It really comes down to whether Dimma really wants to smash his old team and drills them to do this. I suspect he will want to do well

It does depends on whether scores are high or low too which can change the % too.

I just did a calculation of Richmond winning by 11 and Hawthorn by 65 and it came to the same % for both. Richmond would finish last due to being beaten by North earlier.

Checked and found out that say if 2 teams finish on the same % and have played each other twice with one win each and results were equal then the position is resolved by a lucky dip. Good that we have only played North once. Imagine missing pick one by that.

Huh ? He racked up those possessions last year in the Coates League. He's playing in the same league (level ) this year, significantly limited by injury.

And he did it at a younger age.

Think you've been sharing the Valium with Nobets quite frankly Poking Bases.
So based on the body of work this year you have no fears of him becoming the player he showed LAST YEAR?

So based on the body of work this year you have no fears of him becoming the player he showed LAST YEAR?
Yes ! Because he did it at exactly the same level and did it at a younger age too. What, he's all of a sudden lost that capability off a big time interrupted season in which he's only played a handful of games ? Cmon man. He's been blue chip since he was 14.

I'm sending spoof around to help you out here Plonking Paces. He's gonna bash you ! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
FOS clearly number 1. Class and potential ceiling elite. Devasted if not taken at 1

Reactions: 5 users
Yes ! Because he did it at exactly the same level and did it at a younger age too. What, he's all of a sudden lost that capability off a big time interrupted season in which he's only played a handful of games ? Cmon man. He's been blue chip since he was 14.

I'm sending spoof around to help you out here Plonking Paces. He's gonna bash you ! :ROFLMAO:

I'm with you Redders. I want either FOS or Draper with 1. They are a massive point of difference IMO going forwards. If we can snag Jagga as well, then I'd be stoked.

Reactions: 2 users