2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I reckon there's every possibility that the best bargains in this draft come from the KPF's. I reckon we could pick up a decent KPF in the 30's or so.

I reckon guys like O'Farrell and Nicholls might present big time value.

Thats a lot of "reckons"....
What about the WA kid?

Come on Man.
Lalor reminds you of Dusty?
Dusty is no garden variety.
Harley Reid has been compared to Dusty(i think he's more Bont than Dusty) and Lalor is nowhere near the same standard as Reid.
If you look at Lalor and then Dustys u18 game highlights..they look quite alike.
Dusty did not have his brutal game at that age. So yes, they are similar
On Gerryn from WA..some are wraps for him , who have seen him. I dont know enough but believe he is S Jurica size.
Could be handy...

Really just asking if there are any standout leaders amongst the top talent.

I was commenting that the odds against a Trent Cotchin leader in this draft are 7/100.

being there has been 7 triple premiership captains in the last 100 years.

so, yeah, of course there could be a Cotchy, but statistically they come along a bit less than 1.5 times every 2 decades.

If your looking for leadership CV's,

Jagga clearly has the best. Captain of Oakley, Champs winning VM and AA Capt.

Reactions: 3 users
Whats the opinion on Archie May & Sam Davidson and where they stand amongst this years Kp's?(You can add Tap into your thoughts as well although he's on our list)
Are they equal too say a 2nd rnd KP this year?
What i'm asking is it better we just concentrate on Mids/Flankers this year and Rookie the above?

Whats the opinion on Archie May & Sam Davidson and where they stand amongst this years Kp's?(You can add Tap into your thoughts as well although he's on our list)
What i'm asking is it better we just concentrate on Mids/Flankers this year and Rookie the above?
To me, personally, they look like reasonable VFL players but not much else. (Reckon we overrate a lot of VFL players on PRE. The gap between VFL and AFL is gigantic.)

For talls, prefer to source the draft personally.

Reactions: 5 users
Davidosn is not a key position player, certainly not at AFL level. More of a roaming flanker. May still a bit one-dimensional for me.

I'm with Dudford, the kids in the draft have more appeal.

Reactions: 3 users
If you look at Lalor and then Dustys u18 game highlights..they look quite alike.
Dusty did not have his brutal game at that age. So yes, they are similar
On Gerryn from WA..some are wraps for him , who have seen him. I dont know enough but believe he is S Jurica size.
Could be handy...
Fair enough on both.

he is a very large 18yo. every bit of him is big.

Bo Allen named in the centre for Peel against Royals to decide minor premiership.

will tell a lot about the kid, as will the finals campaign

Reactions: 4 users
To me, personally, they look like reasonable VFL players but not much else. (Reckon we overrate a lot of VFL players on PRE. The gap between VFL and AFL is gigantic.)

For talls, prefer to source the draft personally.
Davidosn is not a key position player, certainly not at AFL level. More of a roaming flanker. May still a bit one-dimensional for me.

I'm with Dudford, the kids in the draft have more appeal.
Thanks for that.
Bit like a darts board when it comes to KP's outside the obvious.
Bbe good if we can nail a Treacy.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for that.
Bit like a darts board when it comes to KP's outside the obvious.
Bbe good if we can nail a Treacy.
This draft reminds me of 2017. That was talked down because there didn't appear to be a lot of midfield talent and the talls snuck up on everyone. In hindsight it was a super draft.

Lots of promising talls in this draft. Armstrong, Trainor, Whitlocks, Sims, Gerreyn, Shanahan, Dodson, O'Farrell, Mraz, Nicolls, Burmeister, Tauru.

Reactions: 2 users
For those us not sure about FOS's ability to "rack em up", (me included), here's some comforting highlights.

29 disposals in the first video. 27 in the second video.

These are from last year.

As an underager.....

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
For those us not sure about FOS's ability to "rack em up", (me included), here's some comforting highlights.

As an underager.....

Any from this year?

As an underager.....

You could've done that with Sonsie in his draft.

If the FOS gives me one of those games this year, I'm all in on him at 1, till then I'm nervous.

Reactions: 2 users
You could've done that with Sonsie in his draft.

If the FOS gives me one of those games this year, I'm all in on him at 1, till then I'm nervous.
Hence my smart arse comment about this year. A lot of kids dominate early doors but as they get closer to senior footy the gap closes considerably. I have seen this on many occasions..

This draft reminds me of 2017. That was talked down because there didn't appear to be a lot of midfield talent and the talls snuck up on everyone. In hindsight it was a super draft.

Lots of promising talls in this draft. Armstrong, Trainor, Whitlocks, Sims, Gerreyn, Shanahan, Dodson, O'Farrell, Mraz, Nicolls, Burmeister, Tauru.
I like the look of Sims.

Reactions: 1 users