2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Hence my smart arse comment about this year. A lot of kids dominate early doors but as they get closer to senior footy the gap closes considerably. I have seen this on many occasions..
But in FOS's case he's no closer now, than he was last year, when he put those performances in ??? It's the same level.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
For those us not sure about FOS's ability to "rack em up", (me included), here's some comforting highlights.

29 disposals in the first video. 27 in the second video.

These are from last year.

As an underager.....

Even in a Jog he reminds me of Cotch.
Surely we take him

Reactions: 2 users
Hence my smart arse comment about this year. A lot of kids dominate early doors but as they get closer to senior footy the gap closes considerably. I have seen this on many occasions..
In FoS's case though its through injury.
Case in point too your point Smillie.

For those us not sure about FOS's ability to "rack em up", (me included), here's some comforting highlights.

29 disposals in the first video. 27 in the second video.

These are from last year.

As an underager.....

Especially the first one, he shows his ability and instinct to rip the game. Whereas Jagga is still working on being more go-forward than sideways, FOS just rips it open.

Reactions: 3 users
Especially the first one, he shows his ability and instinct to rip the game. Whereas Jagga is still working on being more go-forward than sideways, FOS just rips it open.
No need to tell me that. Tell those nervous Nellie's Croaking Faces and Gloop ! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
But in FOS's case he's no closer now, than he was last year, when he put those performances in ??? It's the same level.
Same level? Sorry how? Which game this year has he amassed 29 touches? I just work with facts Red Faces. No cheerleading from me or Scoop!!

If we get pick 5 I'm confident Jagga will be available. Norf won't take him, they have enough small mids. They'll go Armstrong, Trainor, Lalor or Smiley. West Coast will go Draper or Lalor. Adelaide has a small midfield, they will go Draper, Lalor, Smiley or Langford.

Reactions: 2 users
If we get pick 5 I'm confident Jagga will be available. Norf won't take him, they have enough small mids. They'll go Armstrong, Trainor, Lalor or Smiley. West Coast will go Draper or Lalor. Adelaide has a small midfield, they will go Draper, Lalor, Smiley or Langford.
The question is.
Would North go FOS if they have 1?

Tend to agree with this.

West Coast are the chance, but the others unlikely for the reasons outlined.

I’m cooling on Reid since I’ve seen more footage. He does a appear on the slower side and goes sideways and backwards a fair bit.

I think Jagga is our man at No. 1 and if we some how get pick 3 I would take FOS at 3. Depends who North want though. The main concern is he doesn’t get enough ball. I like Sims too.

Either way Smith or FOS with our 1st 2 picks would be a good start to our rebuild.

Same level? Sorry how? Which game this year has he amassed 29 touches? I just work with facts Red Faces. No cheerleading from me or Scoop!!
Huh ? He racked up those possessions last year in the Coates League. He's playing in the same league (level ) this year, significantly limited by injury.

And he did it at a younger age.

Think you've been sharing the Valium with Nobets quite frankly Poking Bases.

Last edited:
Tend to agree with this.

West Coast are the chance, but the others unlikely for the reasons outlined.
So you agree we should take Vontae at 1?

Worst-case scenario is Norf take Lalor, West Coast Jagga and Adelaide Draper. Then we'll probably be choosing between Langford, Smiley, Reid or Armstrong.

• Sad
If your looking for leadership CV's,

Jagga clearly has the best. Captain of Oakley, Champs winning VM and AA Capt.

JAGGA HAD A POINT TO PROVE

Potential No. 1 draft pick Jagga Smith says he took plenty away from a three-week stint in the VFL where he was able to “tick off” another box in his top-age season.

The midfielder has been a dominant ball-winner in underage football this year, collecting 50 disposals in one Coates Talent League match for the Oakleigh Chargers in May.

However, proving his abilities against bigger bodies in senior football had been a key focus for Smith and he was able to do that across three matches for Richmond’s VFL side.

The 18-year-old collected a game-high 31 disposals and eight clearances in his first match for the Tigers against Williamstown last month, before going on to log 27 disposals against Collingwood and 24 disposals and seven clearances against Sandringham.

“I’m very grateful for Richmond giving me the opportunity to play VFL footy,” Smith told this column.

“I was lucky enough to play a lot of midfield in those games so I learnt a lot about body craft and stoppage work and little things like that.

“That was something that I really wanted to prove to people, that I was able to play at a good standard against men, not just being able to play under-18 footy.

“I think I can still take another step forward, but I was definitely pleased that I was able to still win some footy against bigger boys.”

The VFL opportunities followed Smith being named captain of the under-18 All-Australian side after leading Vic Metro to the championships title in July.

Recruiters said Smith “was the one setting the standards” during the tournament, while Vic Metro coach Rob Harding said he had future “club captain written all over him”.

“Leadership is something I’m really interested in and I’ll aspire to be a leader wherever I end up,” Smith said.

A 181cm midfielder who has drawn comparisons to Port Adelaide’s Zak Butters, Smith returned to the Chargers last weekend and recorded 42 disposals, seven clearances and a goal in a loss to the Greater Western Victoria Rebels.

Oakleigh faces the Sandringham Dragons in the final round of the regular season this weekend.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users