2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

We are going to go from top 6 oldest list to bottom 3 youngest in 1 season.

Just taking the 4 retirees out average squad age has dropped from 25.2 currently, down to 24.5. Obviously if we lose anymore then it continues to drop, and when we pick up 18 year olds to replace them, then it will drop further.

Average games across the squad, drops from 73 to 64 by taking the retirees out (and will obviously drop when you bring a bunch of kids in with zero games).

Just adding to this, if the 10 players that are rumoured to be leaving go (Martin, Grimes, Naismith, Pickett, Bolton, Baker, Graham, Rioli, Cumberland and Coulthard) then our movement in average age and average games takes a massive drop, I've assumed they are replaced with 8 players aged 18 at this stage.

Average age 25.2 down to 23.2.
Average games 72.9 down to 48.4.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Totally agree. Would hope that we have 2 picks in first 10 that we could use on best mids and then a couple of picks in the teens and twenties that we can use on high quality talls and more mids if possible.

Really depends on what we get for trades and what we can do with those picks and points we get from others.

Hopefully 5-6 picks under thirty with a couple in top 10
Yep. It's rare that there's more than one or two decent talls to chose from in a draft, but there's always a wide range of mids that can be found just about anywhere. Hoping we can get 2 picks inside the top ten for a crack at some premium mids and then back up with a couple of the best talls available at high teens to early twenties. After that go back to chasing the best of whatever's left. Should still be some decent talent left around the mid 20's onward.

Reactions: 4 users
im almost certain there is no triple premiership captain in this draft
Thank you for being polite and taking time out of your busy schedule of confrontation and argument yesterday to respond. Your effort is noted and appreciated.

Pity if there’s no generational leadership available though.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Yeah. Big talent but very "me". Does a lot of self indulgent yapping on the ground....and apparently off it too.
Apparently Ginniven has a big mouth too.
Another young player who has matured and turned it around.
And Rochelle is better than him

Reactions: 1 user
Wait Whaaaaaaatttttttttttt??????? I am convinced he can be a Dan Rioli type from the back half. Had my heart set on him.
Yeah just read it ....

Next Generation Academy (6):
Riak Andrew (Melbourne)
Benny Barrett (Port Adelaide)
Lennox Hofmann (St Kilda)
Ricky Mentha (Melbourne)
Jayden Nguyen (Essendon)
Luke Quaynor (Collingwood)

Next Generation Academy (3):
Adrian Cole (St Kilda)
Malakai Champion (West Coast)
Isaac Kako (Essendon)

They are combine invites,,some state

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
Mid week tackle saying stkilda wont get a first rd pick as compo for josh battle falls just short of the money, hope this is true

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Yeah. Big talent but very "me".
Yeah, when we played them at Adelaide oval last year we were ahead by around 30 points, Rochelle Rochelle kicks a goal and heads straight to the crowd to celebrate.

I wondered 'not really the right time to go celebrating to the crowd'.

Is there a time where he doesn't head straight to the crowd when kicking a goal?

Yeah just read it ....

Next Generation Academy (6):
Riak Andrew (Melbourne)
Benny Barrett (Port Adelaide)
Lennox Hofmann (St Kilda)
Ricky Mentha (Melbourne)
Jayden Nguyen (Essendon)
Luke Quaynor (Collingwood)

Next Generation Academy (3):
Adrian Cole (St Kilda)
Malakai Champion (West Coast)
Isaac Kako (Essendon)

They are combine invites,,some state

Post it before the NGA academies are a joke.

Most (if not all) of those guys would have the same chance of being drafted if they were NGA or not.

Would be extremely confident they have nearly all come through normal pathways and the clubs have had input minimal development?

Reactions: 3 users
Omit Lombard and Ashcroft.
1 FOS
2 Draper
3 Smith
4 Lalor
5 Langford
6 Reid
7 Berry
8 Shanahan
9 Allen
10 Trainor

Cotch Walsh Neale Dusty Pendleberry Edwards Rochelle Lambert JR Dawson Grimes
Excuse the Tiger bias..hard to think of others.
Come on Man.
Lalor reminds you of Dusty?
Dusty is no garden variety.
Harley Reid has been compared to Dusty(i think he's more Bont than Dusty) and Lalor is nowhere near the same standard as Reid.