2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Because we’re all board, I’ll throw a name out there.
Josh Rachelle.
Now before everyone starts going on about his head ducking in marking contests, this kid looked the closest thing to Nathan Brown in his first year that I’ve ever seen of a player.
Great by foot and knows where the goals are. We have no one like him.
Fallen out of favour at the Crows and apparently will be dropped for the last game.
Anyway blast away
Have doubts about his ability to change his self indulgent ways. Apparently been that way since a junior. Too many times see him ignore teammates.

Reactions: 1 users
Totally forgot about Tauru ,he is showing lot's of promise as a forward,,pity he didn't play there at the champs
Tauru was super impressive overhead in the champ final...on the last line.
If he has forward craft he would be a genuine option at half forward.

Reactions: 3 users
Have doubts about his ability to change his self indulgent ways. Apparently been that way since a junior. Too many times see him ignore teammates.
Nathan Brown was very self indulgent early days too.
Small forward syndrome.
Rochelle named on the bench in the final 2024 U/22 All Australian Team.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah. Big talent but very "me". Does a lot of self indulgent yapping on the ground....and apparently off it too.

Have to walk away with two key forward options from this draft.

Dunno how we get the range of mids that we want (or that everyone is into on PRE), plus 2 decent KPF's ? That'd be 7 picks inside the top 30 or so.

Maybe. Pretty hard though.

Reckon all depends how many picks (and where) we end up with.

We also have - Gray, Mikelti, Fawcett on the list to develop with Lynch and Kozi the senior pro's. Add Bauer who is a pseudo tall.

You can question some quality (Kozi) and longevity (Lynch), but if you add two more it's a lot to try and find roles at AFL and VFL level to develop.

Combine that with our midfield and small/medium forward needs and it might be too big a luxury. Saying that, reckon there are some talented tall prospects this year. Interesting how we play it.

Agreeing with Senileford twice in one day. Gulp.

Your summation of jagga is spot on.
I'm OK with jagga if we have pick 2 and fos is taken,I'm warming and just about convinced that any pick we have after 1 or 2 needs to be Armstrong.

You'd take Armstrong ahead of Draper, Lalor, Reid, Smillie and Co??

Toce's gonna have alot of draft picks in his first draft with us - what a baptism of fire. Hope he smashes it.

Reactions: 4 users

We also have - Gray, Mikelti, Fawcett on the list to develop with Lynch and Kozi the senior pro's. Add Bauer who is a pseudo tall.

You can question some quality (Kozi) and longevity (Lynch), but if you add two more it's a lot to try and find roles at AFL and VFL level to develop.

Combine that with our midfield and small/medium forward needs and it might be too big a luxury. Saying that, reckon there are some talented tall prospects this year. Interesting how we play it.

Yeah. I'm not quite in the "must" camp where KPF's are concerned.

Be ok if we got one, but midfield, some pace, skills uplift etc are the first areas for correction for me.

You must finally be sobering up from all the excess Valium you've been stealing in there at Greenacres.

Small forward syndrome.
He is also a bit of a squib when it matters. Big ego, big mouth but does he back it up with action?

I imagine he would put himself in the Rankine class. He ain't worth a quarter of him.

Big no for me.

Got to pick up a couple of Junior Talls with early picks <20

We wont know when we will have picks this low again.

We assume we will be rubbish again next year but who knows.

Small forward syndrome.
No doubting the talent of Rachele but his attitude is very questionable. With a lot of young blokes coming in he would be a pretty ordinary role model. Big no from me.

Last edited:
Got to pick up a couple of Junior Talls with early picks <20

We wont know when we will have picks this low again.

We assume we will be rubbish again next year but who knows.

Talls are important, but we also have the slowest and worst midfield in the country. In quality, depth and juniors.

Yes. Tauru is also interesting.

The Champs throws so many kids out of position its not funny. That's one thing the Eastern Ranges weren't happy about with Smillie in the Champs. Harding kept throwing him forward so that Reid (who Harding coaches at the Dragons) could get midfield time.
Similar with the Falcons bloke coaching Vic Country and playing Ivisic on ball all game every game, at the expense of midfield time for Lalor and Hynes, and even Lindsay to a lesser extent. .

Reactions: 1 users
Talls are important, but we also have the slowest and worst midfield in the country. In quality, depth and juniors.
Totally agree. Would hope that we have 2 picks in first 10 that we could use on best mids and then a couple of picks in the teens and twenties that we can use on high quality talls and more mids if possible.

Really depends on what we get for trades and what we can do with those picks and points we get from others.

Hopefully 5-6 picks under thirty with a couple in top 10

Reactions: 2 users
Don't forget May and Davidson as Rookies. I believe May is a better bet than Shannahan on current form. Can't remember the last game that May went goalless but can remember inaccurate kicking still he competes and he gets to the contest.

You'd take Armstrong ahead of Draper, Lalor, Reid, Smillie and Co??
God he'll ,it's a tough choice,the only name above I would take Armstrong over is smillie, as a recruiter stated he's this years jeremy Cameron type forward ,but if not I'm OK to get 2 of Whitlocks faull ,Sim ,etc.

This draft better be good and deep. Toce's gonna be throwing some cash on draft night.

Money Cash GIF by VNOM Technisch Uitzendbureau | We get the job done