2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Indeed, if it walks like a duck, its mostly a duck.

But a poker player has quite some incentive to make 3 Aces, appear like a duck

Wouldnt you agree?
If the aces are hidden, perhaps.

Reactions: 1 user
I reckon most blokes in here would be au fait

With the colloquial

'Hasnt got the stones'?

You've let your own personal situation make you so bitter that you've descended beyond your previous level of bias and now, are into suggesting that Richmond is acting underhandedly.

Cmon. That ain't fair.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
You've let your own personal situation make you so bitter that you've descended beyond your previous level of bias and now, are into suggesting that Richmond is acting underhandedly.

Cmon. That ain't fair.

If your referring to my social heroin margarita habit, its well in hand.

and I think RFC offering Smilie a VFL game is a masterstroke!

that was my point.

you see this started out me saying even Dodoro wouldn't take Smilie at 1.

you said Richmond havnt ruled him out, we asked him to play VFL.

I said I'll give you 2-1 that tigers wont take Smilie with any top 10 picks.

You declined.

at which point I did cast nasturtiums about your testicles, and I apologise unreservedly for that.

I did offer you 3's, which are exceedingly generous odd, given tigers will probably have 1, 3 and 9, and he's projected No.1 in many phantoms

But no worries.

If your referring to my social heroin margarita habit, its well in hand.

and I think RFC offering Smilie a VFL game is a masterstroke!

that was my point.

you see this started out me saying even Dodoro wouldn't take Smilie at 1.

you said Richmond havnt ruled him out, we asked him to play VFL.

I said I'll give you 2-1 that tigers wont take Smilie with any top 10 picks.

You declined.

at which point I did cast nasturtiums about your testicles, and I apologise unreservedly for that.

I did offer you 3's, which are exceedingly generous odd, given tigers will probably have 1, 3 and 9, and he's projected No.1 in many phantoms

But no worries.
Heh heh heh...stones. Quite ironic. But you can bail out again, that's ok.

At the risk of once again having to correct you, I said we "hadn't dropped off Smillie". That we had invited him to play in the VFL as proof of that. But are we gonna take him ? Who knows ? The club doesn't even know ....and that's why they asked him to play ffs !

You on the other hand, think it's all bs and us acting underhandedly, decoys, blowing smoke up the kid's arse, saving VFL money or whatever. That's not how Richmond operate.

As if Richmond would invite early draft pick possibilities to play with us under false pretenses and risk them getting injured with us in the process.

Pretty poor view of Richmond to have. That's definitely not our reputation in drafting, recruiting and list management circles. At all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Sorry cant help myself.

FOS
REID
DRAPER
ALLAN
ARMSTRONG
BERRY
SHANAHAN

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

WHAT SHOULD RICHMOND DO IF THEY GET FIVE PICKS WITHIN 20 IN THIS DRAFT?​

An anonymous rival list boss on how Richmond can maximise their draft hand if they trade Shai Bolton and Daniel Rioli and secure five or even six picks in the top 20.
“Now is the time to strike. Hit the draft as hard as you can. It’s got everything and it’s probably the best top 20 we have seen since 2017. Now is the chance to load up. You have to nail your picks but you can pair guys up through the draft with multiple midfielders. It’s the only way for them to rebound and one day contend again.”

Pick one
Finn O’Sullivan
(Oakleigh Chargers)
“He’s the best mid in the draft. He’s a two-way runner, he’s combative. He hasn’t had a great run at this this year but in terms of what he could be, he’s a Sam Walsh type who compliments any midfield.”

Pick nine
Harry Armstrong
(Sandringham Dragons)
“He’s the best key forward in the draft. Tom Lynch is finishing up in the not-too-distant future. He’s the next generation Jeremy Cameron and he’s a local boy.”

Pick 10
Bo Allan
(Peel Thunder)
“He’s a 191cm WA kid who has played senior footy already and he can play as that third tall defender or as a big bodied mid.”

Pick 17
Matt Whitlock
(Murray Bushrangers)
“There aren’t too many good mids by this stage so he’s a good key back they could partner with Josh Gibcus. He’s a Shepparton boy, a really athletic tall, he joins in on offence and he can play forward a bit and has kicked goals there. So he’s really versatile and it would be a smart pick.”

Pick 20
Tom Gross
(Oakleigh Chargers)
“He’s a super competitive kid from Oakleigh. A 181cm midfielder and forward who just wins contests. He’s really tough, he would be a nice utility. He had a super national championships including 27 games against South Australia.”
From Ralph Malph's latest attack of gastro. Being the non-Richmond-supporting Richmond fan he is he's stiffed us on the Shai and Daniel trades.

Reactions: 3 users