2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

How do you know what recruiters are thinking ,you are only going on narrative from the media or on footy websites .
The media changes their mind,like on here every week.
Well there are decent people amongst the media(Junior experts) and forums.Not one has said Lalor is clearly #1 unlike other years where there is a standout by now.

Well there are decent people amongst the media(Junior experts) and forums.Not one has said Lalor is clearly #1 unlike other years where there is a standout by now.
Mate it changes every week ,l heard twomey on the AFL website saying he thought Langford might be no 1,he said that a week or 2 ago,,what is he this week ?
The lack of coates games is against Lalor ,but plays well this week and rebels win ,he gets to keep showing what he can do.

Reactions: 1 user
Mate it changes every week ,l heard twomey on the AFL website saying he thought Langford might be no 1,he said that a week or 2 ago,,what is he this week ?
The lack of coates games is against Lalor ,but plays well this week and rebels win ,he gets to keep showing what he can do.
Yep.
You could ask all 18 recruiters and they'll give you 18 different names.
Hate to be in Toce's shoes.

At least Bengal has his own opinion, sticks to it and backs it up with first hand observations and insight, he doesn't just follow the popular opinions.

I wonder how much more we would be talking about Draper if he was a Victorian...?

Reactions: 4 users
At least Bengal has his own opinion, sticks to it and backs it up with first hand observations and insight, he doesn't just follow the popular opinions.

I wonder how much more we would be talking about Draper if he was a Victorian...?
Yeah thats a good question about Draper ,and how would he be going if he was playing coates football.
He's in my top 3.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah thats a good question about Draper ,and how would he be going if he was playing coates football.
He's in my top 3.
With Draper playing SANFL, against men, each week, surely that puts him above what the rest are doing in Coates and school footy.

And he has the physique to go with them! When was the last time we drafted a bull midfielder with skills and vision?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
With Draper playing SANFL, against men, each week, surely that puts him above what the rest are doing in Coates and school footy.

And he has the physique to go with them! When was the last time we drafted a bull midfielder?
Coates football is quicker than league football,but not as physical ,or as defensive ,but yeah Draper is performing really well at the level,and certainly should be in the mix for no1.

A lot of the country boys come into the coates football after playing senior football at their local leagues ,of course most of the leagues aren't at a high level ,but you do need a good level of fitness to play good coates football

Reactions: 1 users
Well the general consensus"opinions" from Junior watchers is its an open field for #1.

One thing I would say about Jagga: his highlight packages are really quite something. With some highly rated players' highlights I've got to figure out who I'm supposed to be watching - they show glimpses, not much more. Not saying they are no good, but with Jagga it's 5-10 minutes of being in the right spot, reading the drop of the ball, taking clean possession in traffic, evasive skills, giving it off to advantage. Over and over again. He is, as others have said, a Lachie Neale or Simon Black type. Umpires will love him.

If we were in the position where we have pick one and then nothing until the second round, it would be a very difficult decision.

Reactions: 2 users
I'd say us trialing/wanting to trial so many top kids shows we're pretty confident we're getting at least one more top-10 pick.

Reactions: 11 users
I'd say us trialing/wanting to trial so many top kids shows we're pretty confident we're getting at least one more top-10 pick.
Exactly. Like we're in the business of inviting/trying to get kids to play for us just as some sort of ruse ?

BS.