2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Whats everyone opinions on who will take who if we traded pick 1 for crows 4 and Pick 5 part of Rioli deal?

1-Draper(Crows)
2-North.????
3-Eagles.????
4-Rich ???
5-Rich ???

Having them slide makes me more confident that we will keep him. I don't think they'll want to throw Pick 5 on the table, that pick will probably be ahead of any Lombard pick, so they will try hard for 12 and 20, maybe include whatever they get for Lukosius. I don't think we'll accept an offer without a top 10 pick, but they won't be willing to give it up.
Then as you say we keep him. Contracted and still very valuable. I think the club will play hardball on Dan more than Shai.

Reactions: 2 users
There was a lot in this post but I might just call out this idea that Trainor slides.

Anyone else picking Trainor? I can see Saints, esp if they get a 2nd pick because of battle.
Gold Coast would if they keep their pick.
So its risky for north to trade back and still get Trainor. Dont think they shift out of 2.

Are North even interested or is it outside commentary that they should stop picking mids (presumably rated best available).
At 2 north will go best av which will be Lalor or Draper or Fos depending on who is posting !!

I think it all depends on how clubs see their list. The last few weeks may make the Saints think they are closer than they are. Get a speedy mid in there and who knows.

North I think will want talls, yes they may go best available, but then where do all these mids fit in. I suppose it could come down to if they think LDU leaves as a FA next year.

I could see a scenario where something like this could happen, if North are happy to slide to gain an extra 1st to go for talls, and the Saints want to trade up in front of Adelaide to get Draper who seems to fit their list profile very well.

Richmond - In 6 and 24. Out 13 and 14 (we get 13 as part of the Bolton trade and 14 from the Lions with some of our later picks traded up)
Saints - In 2 and 14. Out 6, 7 and 24
North - In 7 and 13. Out 2

It obviously comes down to list requirements for these teams, but I could see a trade such as the above happening. Sure GC could pick Trainor. I'm not sure they will, and as spook says they may still trade out all their 1sts either for players or for future picks as they could be spooked as to where teams will bid on Lombard.

At 6, with FOS and Draper off the board as 1 and 2. That would leave us 1 of Smith, Smillie, Langford, Lalor or Reid for that 6th pick. I'd be happy with that.

Lombard is good enough to bid on from pick 2 onwards, Clubs won't be inclined to do the Suns any favours on that front after last year's rort. He'd suit any of Norf, West Coast or Adelaide.

If we got pick 3 in a Shai deal we could force their hand by threatening a bid.
Lombard can get called out at 3,4 as u wouldn't be disappointed with him,definitely top 8 material.

Don't forget to tune into the VFL today punters as PJ Harvey Langford steps out for us. 11am.
Just pirouetted out of trouble in what looked like a “FOS” piece of magic,
Or is it too early to compare anyone to the great FOS? :rolleyes:

Edit. And then another from the centre clearance

Last edited:
How good is being able to watch potential draftees in the VFL?

I’ve always been of the opinion that the greats look a class above right from the start. Great opportunity to de-risk early picks.

Reactions: 9 users
Lombard is good enough to bid on from pick 2 onwards, Clubs won't be inclined to do the Suns any favours on that front after last year's rort. He'd suit any of Norf, West Coast or Adelaide.

If we got pick 3 in a Shai deal we could force their hand by threatening a bid.
I would expect if the Suns 1st pick didn't come to us for DRioli they will keep it til draft day and trade it out if a bid comes early.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure Langford is for us

Didnt see the game, but statistically, theres 100 kids can do that.

One swallow doesnt make a summer, but if you compare VFL debuts,

Jagga, ashcroft >>> langford.

Love to see sam lalor against men

Reactions: 1 users
The auditions are done.

It’s Jagga or FOS.

If Blair can work his magic we might get both.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users