2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Don't know lots about Gerreyn, and obviously been playing well and is a physical specimen (much like Leysy).

But the level he's been playing at would be a concern? WAFL colts is a pretty average standard compared to what most draftees compete in.

He did OK at the champs though, on a small sample size.
Are they keeping him down to make him look the goods?

Then we might agree to trade Rioli for 7 and 20. Trade 7 and 12 to Norf for 2 (they'll get their man Trainor at 7 anyway).

There was a lot in this post but I might just call out this idea that Trainor slides.

Anyone else picking Trainor? I can see Saints, esp if they get a 2nd pick because of battle.
Gold Coast would if they keep their pick.
So its risky for north to trade back and still get Trainor. Dont think they shift out of 2.

Are North even interested or is it outside commentary that they should stop picking mids (presumably rated best available).
At 2 north will go best av which will be Lalor or Draper or Fos depending on who is posting !!

Reactions: 1 user
Yep I can’t see how you can pick FOS at 1 on this year’s form. And the year of the draft is the most important year. I watched him play for our VFL side. He was impressive and has obvious class and talent. But he still only got it 11-12 times. I want to see more than that from the no. 1 pick. Smith was in everything all game.
How would Jagga go with a corked calf(Btw i'm a huge jagga fan)

I'm quite willing and able to change my mind if the evidence is strong enough. It hasn't been, for me.

I was a little worried about FOS's lack of footy. Until last weekend, when to my eye he looked a class above everyone else on the field. 12 touches? He spent half the game on the bench. It's what he did and how that stood out. You didn't see it that way? That's okay.

You're entitled to rule him out based on injury. Of course, Jagga could have his finger smashed on day 1 of pre-season. I don't think it matters long term to either of them.

I don't think anyone is suggesting Jagga won't be a very good player. (You didn't answer my questions, by the way.)

I'm not calling Toce anything. I'm confident he'll make the right call. But I concede it was a bit strong. Withdrawn, Your Honour.

I can see a situation where all this discussion is redundant anyway. I reckon we'll say to Freo, "If you want Shai you need to get us pick 3 from West Coast or 2 from Norf."

Freo will have something like picks 6, 12, 15. Let's say 6 and 12 for 3 and 23. Then West Coast gives us 12 or the Hawks pick (say 13) they get for Barrass for Baker. Freo gives us 3 and 15 for Shai.

Then we might agree to trade Rioli for 7 and 20. Trade 7 and 12 to Norf for 2 (they'll get their man Trainor at 7 anyway).

We go to the draft with 1, 2, 3, 15, 17 (from Brisbane), 20, 21, 22 (Graham compo.)

Then at 1-3 we draft FOS, Draper, Lalor :p
Can imagine Kane Inbreds reaction if that happened.

There was a lot in this post but I might just call out this idea that Trainor slides.

Anyone else picking Trainor? I can see Saints, esp if they get a 2nd pick because of battle.
Gold Coast would if they keep their pick.
So its risky for north to trade back and still get Trainor. Dont think they shift out of 2.

Are North even interested or is it outside commentary that they should stop picking mids (presumably rated best available).
At 2 north will go best av which will be Lalor or Draper or Fos depending on who is posting !!
I was just having a bit of a laugh re getting the first 3 picks. Reckon I'd prefer 1,3,7,12 than 1,2,3.

Reactions: 1 user
Hope we do some sliding with our picks this year for picks next year in the 2nd and 3rd round

They will be even more valuable next year given the fact that a 10% discount will be applied instead of 20%

The fact that half the top 20 in 2025 are either NGA or father sons means that these picks will be uber valuable

Reactions: 1 users
Some good early trade discussion here, saying Richmond should just accept Freo's 3 first round picks and run for both Bolton & Baker, (unfortunately Collingwood winning has moved Freo's tied pick from 7 to 9), their other tied pick is to Port which is currently 16 and Freo's pick 14), so 9,14 & 16 for Shai & Bake's.
Yes no guarantee Bake's chooses Freo over WC

Also say we should accept 12 & 20 for Rioli

Last edited: