2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I think the Suns would be very keen on Trainor. Who is their key defender. Could they make a play to get ahead of north and get our pick 1

Is pick 5,13, 20 and a F1 &F2 a deal for 1 and Rioli

Gold Coast get Lombard, Rioli and trainor

Take out the pick 1 and it sounds OK'ish

Reactions: 1 users
Out of interest, of the midfielders we are looking at, are any of them getting good service from a dominant ruckman in the juniors.
I suppose my question is, who will work best with Nankervis given he doesn’t seem to give ours much first use.

Sorta irrelavent Roachy. Nank has two, maybe three years left.

That is the time our new draftees will be making their mark (hopefully).

Reactions: 1 users
Gunna sounds like @spook on FoS here.

But watched Tobie pretty closely today (as much as you can on a Sunday morning streaming from a mobile to a TV with two kids and a wife constantly obstructing the view).

"Why are you watching this, it's only the players that aren't good enough. Aren't you going to the watch them today as well" etc etc.

"Where is my omelette? Where are my fried eggs? Where are my eggs and soldiers?? (that was Dudford staying over).

Anyone else get that?

Anyway, *smile* like this guy. Posted similar in the VFL chat - but he just runs, runs then runs some more.

No matter how much effort it takes, he is forever offensively giving his teammate an option (a trait we have lost), or defensively always stepping in and tackling, blocking, getting a hand in etc.

Just leaves it all out on the field. When the siren went today he was totally gassed. Spent. Had nothing left. This at a club he is filling in for a couple of games at.

If you put his mindset and that word competitiveness into a Tyler Sonsie you have a player. Simple as that.

But he is better than that. A lot better.

He's also as likely to captain an AFL club as anyone else in this draft year - FoS, Draper, Mick included.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
I think the Suns would be very keen on Trainor. Who is their key defender. Could they make a play to get ahead of north and get our pick 1

Is pick 5,13, 20 and a F1 &F2 a deal for 1 and Rioli

Gold Coast get Lombard, Rioli and trainor
Let’s hope they do, it will be the biggest mistake they ever make. Trainor isn’t a defender, he’s a guy who plays loose man in the back half. His stats are mostly meaningless, gives and gets cheapies all day.

But watched Tobie pretty closely today (as much as you can on a Sunday morning streaming from a mobile to a TV with two kids and a wife constantly obstructing the view).

"Why are you watching this, it's only the players that aren't good enough. Aren't you going to the watch them today as well" etc etc.

"Where is my omelette? Where are my fried eggs? Where are my eggs and soldiers?? (that was Dudford staying over).

Anyone else get that?

Anyway, *smile* like this guy. Posted similar in the VFL chat - but he just runs, runs then runs some more.

No matter how much effort it takes, he is forever offensively giving his teammate an option (a trait we have lost), or defensively always stepping in and tackling, blocking, getting a hand in etc.

Just leaves it all out on the field. When the siren went today he was totally gassed. Spent. Had nothing left. This at a club he is filling in for a couple of games at.

If you put his mindset and that word competitiveness into a Tyler Sonsie you have a player. Simple as that.

He's also as likely to captain an AFL club as anyone else in this draft year - FoS, Draper, Mick included.
He’d make a great winger

Anyone else get that?

Im on board leysy.

Lets grab

fos, jagga, lalor, berry, travaglia, sims and shanahan,

And 5 peat 28,29,30,31,32

• Love
Reactions: 3 users