2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

FJ was very down on Selwood's knee. Said it was a mess and wouldn't last more than a couple of years. Not that it mattered. Got selected before us anyway. Bloke we took a few spots after him ended up being pretty handy....
I recall our medical staff telling him that he'd beona modified program at training his whole career. I don't think he was quite that down on it at the PRE-draft night. More, he'll be a sensational player, but you've got to balance out that risk he might not last long.

Rioli is in career best form and averaging 23 touches per game which is in elite territory even for a midfielder ,he carries the ball and breaks lines.
If u want a elite running half back whom also won Richmond a big final,then u must pay big time.

Reactions: 2 users
With the draft changes next year,is Victorian nga rules back to ,u can't have a top 20 nga ,so u can't match or is it ,u can match any pick from 1 onwards, and is it with no discount or 10% from 2025 onwards.

Might have been the Tradies boys but some pod spoke of clubs over valuing draft picks against known commodities. Dan is a gun and will add enormous skill to GC backline. Pick 5 could crash/burn.
Pick 5 and their 3rd first Rd and we pay some of his wage.

Reactions: 1 user
Might have been the Tradies boys but some pod spoke of clubs over valuing draft picks against known commodities. Dan is a gun and will add enormous skill to GC backline. Pick 5 could crash/burn.
Pick 5 and their 3rd first Rd and we pay some of his wage.
Agreed that should be the minimum.
Still unlikely to come out on top in that deal.
I’d be keeping Dan for family reasons ( He’s Richmond family ) and letting Bolton go back to WA for family reasons.

Reactions: 3 users

If pick 5 is on the table plus some it’s going to be hard to refuse.

Having them slide makes me more confident that we will keep him. I don't think they'll want to throw Pick 5 on the table, that pick will probably be ahead of any Lombard pick, so they will try hard for 12 and 20, maybe include whatever they get for Lukosius. I don't think we'll accept an offer without a top 10 pick, but they won't be willing to give it up.

With the draft changes next year,is Victorian nga rules back to ,u can't have a top 20 nga ,so u can't match or is it ,u can match any pick from 1 onwards, and is it with no discount or 10% from 2025 onwards.

You can now match NGA anywhere. Discount is proposed to drop from 20% to 10% along with changing pick values from 2025.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks Mrposhman, what a disgrace is the Melbourne nga situation with Mac Andrew, Melbourne's only decent nga in years stolen to a club that has a academy factory,comes across as unbelievably biast and almost like the afl own Gcs.

I recall our medical staff telling him that he'd beona modified program at training his whole career. I don't think he was quite that down on it at the PRE-draft night. More, he'll be a sensational player, but you've got to balance out that risk he might not last long.
Not quite what I recall. Doesn't matter anyway. No shrugging cheats at Richmond.

Last edited:
Having them slide makes me more confident that we will keep him. I don't think they'll want to throw Pick 5 on the table, that pick will probably be ahead of any Lombard pick, so they will try hard for 12 and 20, maybe include whatever they get for Lukosius. I don't think we'll accept an offer without a top 10 pick, but they won't be willing to give it up.
Lombard is good enough to bid on from pick 2 onwards, Clubs won't be inclined to do the Suns any favours on that front after last year's rort. He'd suit any of Norf, West Coast or Adelaide.

If we got pick 3 in a Shai deal we could force their hand by threatening a bid.

Reactions: 4 users
I think it’s important when critiquing FOS’s VFL game to remember he had 12 disposals on 55%? Game time with a corkie. I know bugger all but if we are going to go on stats, let’s look at the broader stats.

Reactions: 4 users
I think it’s important when critiquing FOS’s VFL game to remember he had 12 disposals on 55%? Game time with a corkie. I know bugger all but if we are going to go on stats, let’s look at the broader stats.
And he was like a priest creating aura with those 12 disposals too Bulbs.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
If the corkie didn’t happen, he’d be playing this weekend and have the opportunity to showcase his ability against strong and vying opponents.
Another opportunity lost is my point, not the fact that he unfortunately got injured.
No one has dismissed his talent. You’re making that up.
I want a guarantee or as close to it with pick 1.
FOS could've said nah i'm done for the day.Instead went back out for the good of the team.Shows leadership.Reminds me of a recently retired 3x Premiership captain.

Reactions: 3 users
Don't know lots about Gerreyn, and obviously been playing well and is a physical specimen (much like Leysy).

But the level he's been playing at would be a concern? WAFL colts is a pretty average standard compared to what most draftees compete in.

He did OK at the champs though, on a small sample size.