2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

His latest injury has tipped me over the edge.
Not prepared to take the risk with pick 1 on a player who has been unable to showcase his dominance against the field.
We’re not in a position to fail. Can you imagine the vitriol on PRE if we drafted a player who either can’t get on the park, or a player who dominated U/16s like Moir, Tsitsas or Sonsie who all failed to produce at the U/18 level or a player who fails to live up to their reputation like a Hobbs or a Josh Ward? There simply isn’t sufficient form on FOS
I’m back to franking rolled gold. Draper or Smith at 1 and then Lalor with the next pick.

I mentioned that10 minutes into the first qtr FOS came off the ground and had his lower leg assessed and iced, but then returned after qtr time and sent forward.
If it is true that it is just a corkie, (and by my viewing that may be a corked calf?), then that is certainly not an ongoing injury concern.
I get it still excludes him from showing his wares in a big game against other no 1 contenders.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
So you would dismiss a possible star on a corkie and a couple of finger injuries, that makes no sense to me
Read my post again.
He’s barely played.
So you would pick him up on his U/16 form and the heresay from some punters on PRE?
Each to their own

Reactions: 1 users
Read my post again.
He’s barely played.
So you would pick him up on his U/16 form and the heresay from some punters on PRE?
Each to their own
Did you watch him play in the VFL? With a corkie? Clearly the classiest player on the ground. Clearly the best player in the draft for mine. The injuries are just bad luck, not indicative of any ongoing issue.

Each to their own but if Toce calls out any other name he's either clueless or gutless IMO.

Reactions: 7 users
Did you watch him play in the VFL? With a corkie? Clearly the classiest player on the ground. Clearly the best player in the draft for mine. The injuries are just bad luck, not indicative of any ongoing issue.

Each to their own but if Toce calls out any other name he's either clueless or gutless IMO.
I take it you’re a fan of FOS? You wouldn't know it from your relentless posts :rolleyes:
I saw every one of his 11 disposals. Classy for sure. Potentially a very good player. Maybe even great but I’ve also watched Smith destroy opponents and rack up disposals in the wet against men twice his size.
If Toche is prepared to ignore that form, he’s into the punt

Reactions: 4 users
Read my post again.
He’s barely played.
Each to their own
You said this latest injury tipped you over the edge so if the corkie didn’t happen you would have been okay ? As I said, we are all disappointed he hasn’t played more but you have to have a balanced approach to these things and that’s why the recruiters have a tough job. To dismiss his talent because of the injuries he has had would make no sense. Taj Hotton is still considered a first round pick and he has missed most of the year with an ACL, I see that as a much bigger risk.

Reactions: 1 user

I'm in this camp too. We need midfielders that can impact games and show signs of being very very good at the offensive game. I reckon he showed us that in his VFL game. The fact that he did it with a corkie is both a shame (as we didn't get to see him impacting at stoppage as much as we'd hoped) but also showed his reliance and his ability even when not at 100%.

He sold me last week. I'd love FOS at number 1.

You said this latest injury tipped you over the edge so if the corkie didn’t happen you would have been okay ? As I said, we are all disappointed he hasn’t played more but you have to have a balanced approach to these things and that’s why the recruiters have a tough job. To dismiss his talent because of the injuries he has had would make no sense. Taj Hotton is still considered a first round pick and he has missed most of the year with an ACL, I see that as a much bigger risk.
If the corkie didn’t happen, he’d be playing this weekend and have the opportunity to showcase his ability against strong and vying opponents.
Another opportunity lost is my point, not the fact that he unfortunately got injured.
No one has dismissed his talent. You’re making that up.
I want a guarantee or as close to it with pick 1.

Reactions: 2 users
What is Finn's competitiveness and determination like, does he push himself, gut run, or get by on his superior skill and craft? Or does he have gears and turns it in when he needs to?

Draper and Jagga appear non stop, pushing from contest to contest, a strong will and desire to compete. But they don't have that pure class of FOS.

Appreciate any thoughts from those who know.

lol, if Toce doesn’t do what I want is clueless or gutless. The bloke hasn’t made a National Draft pick and he is already clueless and gutless. Way to eat our own.

• Haha
I take it you’re a fan of FOS? You wouldn't know it from your relentless posts :rolleyes:
I saw every one of his 11 disposals. Classy for sure. Potentially a very good player. Maybe even great but I’ve also watched Smith destroy opponents and rack up disposals in the wet against men twice his size.
If Toche is prepared to ignore that form, he’s into the punt
Do you think Jagga is a better player than FOS? Do you think he will be a better player than FOS?

You're right, my stake's in the ground.

lol, if Toce doesn’t do what I want is clueless or gutless. The bloke hasn’t made a National Draft pick and he is already clueless and gutless. Way to eat our own.
He hasnt made the pick yet so I'm not calling him anything yet?

We’re desperate for a gun mid who gets lots of posessions not someone that’ll play HF
Must draft someone that’s on the park and has shown form that they gets lots of possessions not be sucked into potential

Last edited:
Does Richmond need to be hitting the draft with multiple very high picks rather than a larger number of picks over the top 25? Would that be an option?

North's Pick 2 could be split as they are targeting quality mature players. Richmond likely to have the later first round picks to do any trade here.

West Coast making a play for Bolton with pick 3 being involved is also possible.

St. Kilda or Melbourne looking to split?

What would pick 1 be worth? The most obvious club is Adelaide making a play for Draper which at a minimum would be pick 4 and a future first for pick 1.

I'm not sure whether FOS week be seen as a risk or not, but surely our risk tolerance will depend on what other picks we have.
Eg if we have 1 &3, picking him at 1 still gives us the option of Smith or Draper @3.

Reactions: 5 users
I'll stop posting about FOS if it bothers people. My last comments are that overlooking him because of injury would be akin to overlooking Judd in his draft.

I've only been this adamant on three other juniors: Trent Cotchin, Marcus Bontempelli, Clayton Oliver.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users
We’re desperate for a gun mid who gets lots of posessions not someone that’ll play HF
Must draft someone that’s on the park and has shown on form that they gets lots of possessions not be sucked into potential
FOS isn’t RCD, he was all Australian as a 17 year old. Most experts had him as number one at the start of the year, just a shame he has missed a lot of footy this year. You have to project what these kids are going to be, not what they are now. There are risks with every draft pick and every trade, that’s the business
Must draft someone that’s on the park and has shown on form that they gets lots of possessions not be sucked into potential

Reactions: 5 users
I'm not sure whether FOS week be seen as a risk or not, but surely our risk tolerance will depend on what other picks we have.
Eg if we have 1 &3, picking him at 1 still gives us the option of Smith or Draper @3.
Yes, Richmond would be able to take a risk (if it even is a risk) on someone like FOS if they were able to have 1 or 2 other very high picks.

This thread is like schizophrenia on steroids .

Anyway l will add to the madness,Lalor is better than all of them,kicking is up there with Fos ,better mark than FOS and Smith ,more damaging up forward ,better hand ball,better defensive etc etc .

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
I'll stop posting about FOS if it bothers people. My last comments are that overlooking him because of injury would be akin to overlooking Judd in his draft.

I've only been this adamant on three other juniors: Trent Cotchin, Marcus Bontempelli, Clayton Oliver.
Funny you mention Judd. I was thinking the exact same thing an hour ago. Judd had a bad shoulder prior to being drafted. Some thought "avoid". Turned out he had 2 bad shoulders.

Also turned out he won 2 Brownlows.

FOS only has some finger injuries and a corkie.

Reactions: 7 users
This thread is like schizophrenia on steroids .

Anyway l will add to the madness,Lalor is better than all of them,kicking is up there with Fos ,better mark than FOS and Smith ,more damaging up forward ,better hand ball,better defensive etc etc .
At least you and I are consistent, bt. ;)