2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

They're playing great as a team.
Can they follow up next year?
Sides will do their homework
Blue collar side
Summed the hawks up perfectly. They will plateau next year and they will be believing the self hype Tougher draw next tear if they scrape into finals

Reactions: 1 users
So just thinking ahead as to how Shai could get us into a couple of top 10's (with an extra trade).

Saints are probably the team that fascinates me the most, likely to end up with Picks 5 and 6 of the live draft (ie. without f/s etc). They need speed in their midfield. It may come down to if they think Draper is a flight risk, but if they think he's not, can anyone see the below trades happening.

North trade 2 and 22 to Saints for 5 and 6. Saints get their man, North slide a bit to get Trainor. I don't think any of Richmond, WC or Adelaide will take him, other more pressing needs.

North then trade 6 to Richmond for 13 and 25 (both as part of the Bolton trade to Freo).

The live list of picks might then be something like:
1 - Rich - FOS
2 - Saints - Draper
3 - WC - Smillie
4 - Adelaide -
5 - North - Trainor
6 - Rich
7 - Melbourne
8 - GC / Rich - even without trading Rioli, I reckon we'd be a good shot at trying for this, with Baker and our F2nd in play
9 - Rich - Directly from the Shai trade

4 of the top 9 players, just plugging a few names in there. Not sure who Adelaide would go for in this instance, possibly Jagga or Reid, but we'd get a shot at 2/3 (hopefully 3 if we get the GC pick, though they may prefer to keep it if they can't get Rioli) with Jagga, Reid, Lalor, Langford, Berry etc all still on the board.
No way are the saints trading out 5/6 for that. And no way north are making that trade

I think Adelaide trading up for 1 to take Draper is more likely.

Reactions: 1 users
There is no way fos isn't a 200 game player, even with a unfit ,injured ,puppy fat player, he still impressed us and Richmond in limited game time.

Reactions: 3 users
There is no way fos isn't a 200 game player, even with an unfit ,injured ,puppy fat player, he still impressed us and Richmond in limited game time.
His latest injury has tipped me over the edge.
Not prepared to take the risk with pick 1 on a player who has been unable to showcase his dominance against the field.
We’re not in a position to fail. Can you imagine the vitriol on PRE if we drafted a player who either can’t get on the park, or a player who dominated U/16s like Moir, Tsitsas or Sonsie who all failed to produce at the U/18 level or a player who fails to live up to their reputation like a Hobbs or a Josh Ward? There simply isn’t sufficient form on FOS
I’m back to franking rolled gold. Draper or Smith at 1 and then Lalor with the next pick.

Reactions: 2 users
That’s disappointing.

Question marks still remain.
Yes we all would have loved to see him play again this week but does it make his efforts even more impressive last week if he was hampered by a pretty decent corkie ?

Reactions: 2 users
Not prepared to take the risk with pick 1 on a player who has been unable to showcase his dominance against the field.
We’re not in a position to fail. Can you imagine the vitriol on PRE if we drafted a player who either can’t get on the park or who fails to live up to his reputation like a Hobbs or a Josh Ward?
I’m back to franking rolled gold. Draper or Smith at 1 and then Lalor with the next pick.
So you would dismiss a possible star on a corkie and a couple of finger injuries, that makes no sense to me

Reactions: 5 users
We’re not in a position to fail. Can you imagine the vitriol on PRE if we drafted a player who either can’t get on the park, or a player who dominated U/16s like Moir, Tsitsas or Sonsie who all failed to produce at the U/18 level or a player who fails to live up to their reputation like a Hobbs or a Josh Ward? There simply isn’t sufficient form on FOS
This is fair.

I’m not out on him but it’s getting riskier and riskier.

If someone came knocking with a huge offer with pick one, you’d look at it.

Reactions: 1 user
This is fair.

I’m not out on him but it’s getting riskier and riskier.

If someone came knocking with a huge offer with pick one, you’d look at it.
How is it fair ? Look at the injuries he has had, it hasn’t been six soft tissue injuries or a knee, just contact injuries that could happen to anyone.

Reactions: 8 users