2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

With FOS not being able to show his potential this year - Draper would be the standout #1 if he was a Victorian. He looks Judd like in some highlights.
You would think so, but..I watched SA v WA championships when they played in Adelaide.
Draper was matched with B Camporeale for SA who is a very good mid, but....Allen and Urquart of WA beat them clearly .
WA won easily. Allen and Urquart were harder at the ball and ran both ways all game.

Reactions: 6 users
If you watched him play you would’ve known he only played half the game
Are you suggesting I must not have been there? Must have had an out of body experience.

Yeah he spent some time on the bench and even still he look spent in the last quarter. Is clearly underdone. Has class but really want to see him dominate a game. Has had a very interrupted season by all reports and that makes it difficult to fully assess. Tough job for recruiters this year. Toce will earn his dough.

Reactions: 2 users
I'll give you another one, Joel Selwood, (although don't think he was ever slated as a no 1 pick):

Clubs were hesitant to take on Selwood, after his draft year was plagued by knee injuries. But three flags, three best and fairests, four All-Australian jumpers, a rising star award and a ten-year stint as Geelong skipper later, a few clubs must be asking themselves what might’ve been.
Good call.

FJ was very down on Selwood's knee. Said it was a mess and wouldn't last more than a couple of years. Not that it mattered. Got selected before us anyway. Bloke we took a few spots after him ended up being pretty handy....

Reactions: 3 users
I'm quite willing and able to change my mind if the evidence is strong enough. It hasn't been, for me.

I was a little worried about FOS's lack of footy. Until last weekend, when to my eye he looked a class above everyone else on the field. 12 touches? He spent half the game on the bench. It's what he did and how that stood out. You didn't see it that way? That's okay.

You're entitled to rule him out based on injury. Of course, Jagga could have his finger smashed on day 1 of pre-season. I don't think it matters long term to either of them.

I don't think anyone is suggesting Jagga won't be a very good player. (You didn't answer my questions, by the way.)

I'm not calling Toce anything. I'm confident he'll make the right call. But I concede it was a bit strong. Withdrawn, Your Honour.

I can see a situation where all this discussion is redundant anyway. I reckon we'll say to Freo, "If you want Shai you need to get us pick 3 from West Coast or 2 from Norf."

Freo will have something like picks 6, 12, 15. Let's say 6 and 12 for 3 and 23. Then West Coast gives us 12 or the Hawks pick (say 13) they get for Barrass for Baker. Freo gives us 3 and 15 for Shai.

Then we might agree to trade Rioli for 7 and 20. Trade 7 and 12 to Norf for 2 (they'll get their man Trainor at 7 anyway).

We go to the draft with 1, 2, 3, 15, 17 (from Brisbane), 20, 21, 22 (Graham compo.)

Then at 1-3 we draft FOS, Draper, Lalor :p
Love it , however just a tad concerned you’ve popped over to Nimbin for the arvo 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I'm quite willing and able to change my mind if the evidence is strong enough. It hasn't been, for me.

I was a little worried about FOS's lack of footy. Until last weekend, when to my eye he looked a class above everyone else on the field. 12 touches? He spent half the game on the bench. It's what he did and how that stood out. You didn't see it that way? That's okay.

You're entitled to rule him out based on injury. Of course, Jagga could have his finger smashed on day 1 of pre-season. I don't think it matters long term to either of them.

I don't think anyone is suggesting Jagga won't be a very good player. (You didn't answer my questions, by the way.)

I'm not calling Toce anything. I'm confident he'll make the right call. But I concede it was a bit strong. Withdrawn, Your Honour.

I can see a situation where all this discussion is redundant anyway. I reckon we'll say to Freo, "If you want Shai you need to get us pick 3 from West Coast or 2 from Norf."

Freo will have something like picks 6, 12, 15. Let's say 6 and 12 for 3 and 23. Then West Coast gives us 12 or the Hawks pick (say 13) they get for Barrass for Baker. Freo gives us 3 and 15 for Shai.

Then we might agree to trade Rioli for 7 and 20. Trade 7 and 12 to Norf for 2 (they'll get their man Trainor at 7 anyway).

We go to the draft with 1, 2, 3, 15, 17 (from Brisbane), 20, 21, 22 (Graham compo.)

Then at 1-3 we draft FOS, Draper, Lalor :p
Doubt we're getting 3 and 15 for Shai. Or if we did, we'd have to give something back.

You would think so, but..I watched SA v WA championships when they played in Adelaide.
Draper was matched with B Camporeale for SA who is a very good mid, but....Allen and Urquart of WA beat them clearly .
WA won easily. Allen and Urquart were harder at the ball and ran both ways all game.
Really, really, really like Allen.

Reckon he is a fair sleeper in the draft so far!

Reactions: 3 users
Are you suggesting I must not have been there? Must have had an out of body experience.

Yeah he spent some time on the bench and even still he look spent in the last quarter. Is clearly underdone. Has class but really want to see him dominate a game. Has had a very interrupted season by all reports and that makes it difficult to fully assess. Tough job for recruiters this year. Toce will earn his dough.
Its not that hard with fos when he has so many afl traits, he's pretty much got no weakness.

I think we will and should take Jagga at no.1. He'll turn up and get dirty each week.

He reminds me of a young Ben Cousins.

Reactions: 1 users