2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Yeah his numbers are freakish across the board.

Sims has better mitts though.
I’m thinking Sims and Whitlock could form a mean forward line combination.

Could you get both with picks after 15? I keep seeing Sims at 25-30 and I’m shocked.

Reactions: 4 users

Could you get both with picks after 15? I keep seeing Sims at 25-30 and I’m shocked.

Million percent agree Scoop Dog. Reckon he's the best key forward prospect this year, with Whitlock second.

Expecting him to rise up the media draft boards as we get closer to the draft.

Reactions: 1 user
One of the better talented KPF's -can run, jump and kick. Good hands.

But has Sims ever taken a high pressure mark going back with or standing under the ball though ? He plays a bit soft for mine. Lots of easy lead ups. And second efforts can be poor.

Million percent agree Scoop Dog. Reckon he's the best key forward prospect this year, with Whitlock second.

Expecting him to rise up the media draft boards as we get closer to the draft.
The only one rising up the draft boards is Armstrong!

Simms is strong at the ball. He is a goal square ff...like Lynch.
Can ruck too..perfect fit at RFC.
Match him with Shanahan...perfect.

Simms is strong at the ball. He is a goal square ff...like Lynch.
Can ruck too..perfect fit at RFC.
Match him with Shanahan...perfect.
Both are too soft for mine. Shanahan has next to no second effort.

Armstrong, Faull, Nicholls, Whitlock all play harder under the flight of the ball.

Reactions: 1 users

Lions pick up for grabs, its 14 now but obvs could drift. That should net Whitlock or Sims. Then our pick 21 gets the other or Gerreyn.

They would want to start making their moves now. Not much football left this season.

What often happens is what the media have on their rankings this time of year are very different to clubs.

Usually a lot of group think and it snowballs from there.

As the season finishes, guys like Twomey get more intel from clubs, player mgrs etc and the phantoms from guys like him drastically change late on to closer reflect reality.

Look at Caleb Windsor last year - every phantom and power ranking right to the end of the year had him at pick 35-40.

All of a sudden in November when everyone knew Melbourne were taking him at 7 (and other clubs were keen early) he rose up everyone's in the media's rankings - whilst not playing. Happens every year.

This year will be like that more than any other. Even his phantom will be tough to get right you'd think.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
For me I would like a Armstrong / Faull combination
Think they’re too similar. Both around 195cm roaming types.
Need one stay at home power forward.
Think JR8 and Lynch.
I’m thinking combination of Simms/Whitlock and Armstrong/Fauli

What often happens is what the media have on their rankings this time of year are very different to clubs.

Usually a lot of group think and it snowballs from there.

As the season finishes, guys like Twomey get more intel from clubs, player mgrs etc and the phantoms from guys like him drastically change late on to closer reflect reality.

This year will be like that more than any other. Even his phantom will be tough to get right you'd think.
That’s true. The post combine rankings is the one where it all takes shape. Not because of the results but that all recruiters, managers are there and the word gets spread around.

Think they’re too similar. Both around 195cm roaming types.
Need one stay at home power forward.
Think JR8 and Lynch.
I’m thinking combination of Simms/Whitlock and Armstrong/Fauli
Fair call. Just need to get the picks to make it happen. You would think we would need multiple picks in the teens.

Langford apparently playing vfl for Tigers.
We had tried to get Smillie and Murphy reid to play for us as well, but missed out.