2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

One of the reasons he reminds me of Nathan Brown.
You give me prime Nate Brown and I take him pick 1.
Haven't been this keen on a junior, relative to consensus, since Mac Andrew (along with Jagga) TBH. Still remember our "debates" on Andrew. :love:
Yep I couldn't see it with Andrew, I was too scared by Nic Cox, I didn't like him at draft and thought he was a man with out a spot at draft time and I foolishly didn't consider Andrew's athletic profile. Put them both in the same basket.

I'm not anti Travaglia at all, just don't think he fits what we need. If you were asking me who can be like Weddle or Blakey out of this draft it's him more than Trainor because of the way he runs. Trainor is more Jordan Ridley, covers the ground but not express. Kicks the ball really well, has Travaglia covered a long way in that area.

Reactions: 1 users
Whitlock did an 840 Yo-Yo and is the same height.
Impressive

im confused now.

they used to do beep tests, but now do Yo-Yo,

right?

and >20 is an elite Yo-YO

so Whitlock is 40 times as elite as Sebastian Coe?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
More pre-season numbers:

Tobie Travaglia
187.3cm, 74.7kg
Vertical (Both feet): 57cm
Vertical L: 77cm
Vertical R: 71cm
5m: 1.194
10m: 1.928
20m: 3.104
Agility: 8.452
Yo-yo: 920

Joe Berry
180.1cm, 72.5kg
Vertical (both): 70cm
Vertical L: 88cm
Vertical R: 86cm
5m: 1.165
10m: 1.843
20m: 3.026
Agility: 8.479
Yo-yo: 720
funny fos compares favourably with these 2 and
is not considered an athletic beast

I heard that given the Hawks are likely to trade for Barass they are not going to have much in the way of a draft hand this year. They are evidently interested in trading their 2025 first rounder for a couple of picks in the 2nd or 3rd round this year, depending on the club.
That's another way to go if we are interested in strengthening 2025
Yep the hawks will think they are close to a premiership and want more youth

I think go for their first rounder and watch them slip with a harder draw, a few injuries and there game plan under scrutiny

Reactions: 2 users
im confused now.

they used to do beep tests, but now do Yo-Yo,

right?

and >20 is an elite Yo-YO

so Whitlock is 40 times as elite as Sebastian Coe?
TBH I’m not sure how they actually determine the Yo-Yo score but of course the main difference is the athletes have a 10 second break every 2x20 metre shuttle run so they can score a lot higher than the Beep test which is continuous running.
A 15 beep test is considered excellent. Sam Walsh’s 22 is extraordinary. My son beat Chris Judds long standing beep test results at Caulfield Grammar with an 18.6

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Yep, lots of opinions of who we take with picks we don’t have yet.
I wonder if people will be happy if all of Baker-Bolton-Rioli decide to stay
Geez. Just kill off the last 6 weeks of drooling n chubbing for everyone. The one last good thing we were all looking forward to for this year n ya had to go n ice bath the feel good.