2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Omg, bring on November. We've got folks not just counting chickens before they hatch, but they've started using the eggs to make an omelette....la mère poulard style.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
And ofcourse there's Carlton with the camporeale twins...
Might be a better pick on offer than Brisbane's 14
Dunno what pick value Carlscum's got, but from the guru's listings both the Campo kids are rated second rounders.

Reactions: 1 user
Just had a closer look at Gerreyn. Already an imposing frame that will fill out more. Shortish thick set legs that belie his nimbleness. Very tidy kick. Gets his own clearances. Quick hands. Looks to move quickly with the play. AND the No.1 trait for any Richmond recruit......a bargearse.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Interested in thoughts from the keen watchers on a couple of other players likely to go a little deeper in the draft:

Jesse Dattoli and Xavier Ivisic.

Noticed neither have barely played Coates recently? They are with Carey (Dattoli) and Geelong Grammar (Ivisic) so assume school footy has taken precedence?

Any info on how they're tracking?

Interested in thoughts from the keen watchers on a couple of other players likely to go a little deeper in the draft:

Jesse Dattoli and Xavier Ivisic.

Noticed neither have barely played Coates recently? They are with Carey (Dattoli) and Geelong Grammar (Ivisic) so assume school footy has taken precedence?

Any info on how they're tracking?
They are both good players.
Ivisic dominated centre clearances for country v metro in the last quarter when others tired..was held back for this reason. Would be a great 2nd rounder .
Dattoli has it all..skilled.
Both would be great picks in the second round...but vastly better than recent second rounders. Like both.
This draft is so strong.
These two would be top 20 normally but are 30 plus in most media drafts.
This is why we must be bold this year....5 or 6 picks under 30 will get 5 or 6 top 20 players...and no duds.
It is a dream chance to bounce back.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Sam McClure said that a recent dynasty team has pick #1 just 4-years after their last flag. He says we need a lottery and the system is broken for that to happen.
He’s very fearful the Tigers will have overtaken his Blues by 2026
Sounds like Sam NoCluer is having the same sort of brain fart issues as Mar NoCluer. Has the dopey prick even bothered to look at our on field performances, list retirements and injuries over the last 2 years? FMD we're travelling that well that even Wet Coke n #Lolnorf have spanked us this year. We earn the right to pick 1 at the draft by being absolutely inept onfield this year, same as every other club has done since the draft was invented. If we then improve our draft hand by wise and astute trading of picks and players then that's purely our list management and restructuring, again no different from any other team in the comp.
Got me a feeling that NoCluer is having a paranoid attack n perhaps staring at the distinct possibility of a no reward era. Carlscum might end up with a not even one flag dynasty of missed it by that much.

Reactions: 1 users
Two of the all time great forwards of the last 20 years?? Notwithstanding the fact that “all time” is not the last 20 years, what a load of *smile*.

Curnow wouldn’t kick 30 goals a year if he didn’t get an armchair ride from the umpires (has a key forward ever got better treatment from umpires?). Curnow is almost as overrated as Dixon.

Mackay looks like he’s gonna burst into tears every time he has to have a shot at goal.

McClure is an absolute moron.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
If Ashcroft gets called then Brisvegas have to pay the value of that call, less the 20% F/S discount. If we call Ashcroft at 1 and that value is 3000 draft points then Brisvegas can match the call with a 20% discount ie. 2400 points of value.
As long as the calls keep getting matched by the clubs with access to F/S or Academy priority a club could keep calling picks until they actually make a call that doesn't get matched.
Think from vague old fart memory, we've already done this once before, but later in the draft. Called a player that got matched n then called a second player that also got matched. Vague old memory might be dodgy, but I'm sure it was done a few years back.

Yep, we bid on Matthew Kennedy & Eric Hipwood from thr Blions in 2015 draft.

Reactions: 1 user
So Reid n Smillie would rather sit back n play kiddie league than have a crack at the grown ups right before the draft that sets up their footy lives. Touch of privileged soft *smile* happening there????
Or trying to lay low so they end up at the club of their choice

So Reid n Smillie would rather sit back n play kiddie league than have a crack at the grown ups right before the draft that sets up their footy lives. Touch of privileged soft *smile* happening there????
it sounds like its their coates teams that have not allowed them to play at this stage. reid is a tiges supporter so i doubt he would have turned down a chance to play for us. hopefully we can try get them again next week or something.

also eastern and sandy dragons are tied with with box hill and sandy zebras so that might have been a factor as well.

Sounds like Sam NoCluer is having the same sort of brain fart issues as Mar NoCluer. Has the dopey prick even bothered to look at our on field performances, list retirements and injuries over the last 2 years? FMD we're travelling that well that even Wet Coke n #Lolnorf have spanked us this year. We earn the right to pick 1 at the draft by being absolutely inept onfield this year, same as every other club has done since the draft was invented. If we then improve our draft hand by wise and astute trading of picks and players then that's purely our list management and restructuring, again no different from any other team in the comp.
Got me a feeling that NoCluer is having a paranoid attack n perhaps staring at the distinct possibility of a no reward era. Carlscum might end up with a not even one flag dynasty of missed it by that much.
Ah ok. I’m assuming he’d be ok if we were second last four years after a flag and stone cold last after 5 years and picking up potential a generational player…I say this because I can’t recall him calling for an overhaul when West Coast did this.

*smile* clown.

Travaglia at 8 - hmmmmm. Good to see some love.

He had a sneaky under the radar VFL debut for Carlton on the weekend.

Had a couple of sloppy kicks early. Which he can do.

But farrkkk, he plays for keeps. How's his attack on the footy and tackling. He's next level in that area.

Very very good one on one against men. Looks like he really grew into the game as he adjusted to the higher pace.

Once he fills out he's gunna be a great physical specimen who will make opponents scared when they have the ball, and nervous with his attacking mindset with it

He's all footballer. Love him.
Brayden Maynard type?

I like TT. Couple of queries on skills but I think as I saw more they were ironed out. I reckon TT and Lindsay are Toce types (see Wilson/Wang-Mil).
Lindsay would be an ace recruit if it works out that way

Last edited:
Great thread everyone. Fair to say more knowledge in here than the media.

Would it be right to say we only have enough draft points to pull off one pick swap. Eg brisbane pick 14 for our picks over 30?
Yes and no.

If we trade with Bris (i think this is most likely) they want points this year.
So 14 in exchange for 33, 39 etc.
Its unbalanced and we should get a pick 24 back. So maybe we'd get a f2 from BL.
And keep a late pick for our nga Lockwood.

We might trade with GC. Their first 4 picks will be up for grabs. They dont want points but players or future picks. Prob 6 might be hard to get.
So 12 and 27 is equivalent to our picks after 21.
Its balanced but where is the incentive?
Instead I'd look at 12 and 20 for 39, 41, 57, 73 and a f2.
And use 21, 33, 51 for BL 14 and a f2
We'd end with 1, 12, 14, 20, 64 (but lions not our f2nd say 36)
All before player trades.

GC get enough points for lombard etc and a pick next year probably 19.

Not many other clubs will want to trade anyway. Adelaide (welsh) and Carlton (camporeales) all look like sliding past into later sounds.

Last edited:
Sam McClure said that a recent dynasty team has pick #1 just 4-years after their last flag. He says we need a lottery and the system is broken for that to happen.
He’s very fearful the Tigers will have overtaken his Blues by 2026
McClure is cut from the same cloth as Cornes.
They talk and they talk but no-one hears them.
Realistically we should be asking for assistance and getting a pick straight after pick 1.

Reactions: 2 users