2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Graham is an Unrestricted Free Agent so can leave. It's up to him to take any offer.

Might mean Richmond want him to stay and keep a core in the experienced age group if the other 3 leave.
The issue is Graham is a grunge player like Taranto and Hopper with no great pace so we desperately need to find a point of difference in there

Reactions: 11 users
The issue is Graham is a grunge player like Taranto and Hopper with no great pace so desperately need to find a point of difference in there

Agree on that. If it was a Band 3 compensation (pick 22) you would think that would be enough. The club may think that they don't want so many experienced players to leave at once could be a reason they offer a contract. Who knows.

Reactions: 1 user
Harry Armstrong with a bullet.
Can we afford to let him get past us with one of our lower picks?
IF he ends up a Cadman it’s worth reaching for
Its definitely worth the consideration. I think what we have in our hands draft wise post the trade period will dictate our strategy.

My man Gerreyn gets a good wrap.

Kayle Gerreyn
Ruck/Key Forward | 199cm | 10/05/2006

Stats:
23 disposals, 19 hitouts, 9 marks, 3 goals

Gerreyn was every bit the standout player of the match on Saturday, displaying his strength in ruck contests and his impressive aerial ability up forward. His stamped his authority early with an intercept mark from which he played on and booted a 50m bomb for his first major, then followed it up minutes later with a huge pack mark at full forward and converted his second. He floated across the ground, moving quickly for such a big frame. In what was a fascinating ruck battle, Gerreyn used his brute strength to move Aiden Riddle out of his way, particularly in the second half as he got on top and won plenty of hitouts. He used the ball in a calm and smart manner, showing discipline as he hit targets right across the ground with silky touch. Once the ball hit the deck, Gerreyn was essentially a fourth midfielder. When rotating up forward, Gerreyn was unable to be stopped as he took multiple big pack marks and ended a great outing with 3.2.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
On afl.com Getable today -

Rioli will ask to go to the Gold Coast.

Baker is pretty much gone.

Bolton will ask to leave as well.

Graham - 4 year deal offered by West Coast but Richmond has also offered a deal and want him to stay.
Graham offer from us is 2 years I hear

Reactions: 4 users

Kayle Gerreyn

Stats:

Gerreyn was every bit the standout player of the match on Saturday, displaying his strength in ruck contests and his impressive aerial ability up forward. His stamped his authority early with an intercept mark from which he played on and booted a 50m bomb for his first major, then followed it up minutes later with a huge pack mark at full forward and converted his second. He floated across the ground, moving quickly for such a big frame. In what was a fascinating ruck battle, Gerreyn used his brute strength to move Aiden Riddle out of his way, particularly in the second half as he got on top and won plenty of hitouts. He used the ball in a calm and smart manner, showing discipline as he hit targets right across the ground with silky touch. Once the ball hit the deck, Gerreyn was essentially a fourth midfielder. When rotating up forward, Gerreyn was unable to be stopped as he took multiple big pack marks and ended a great outing with 3.2.

Is that him in the photo? No weight of course. Looks like he’s got a bit of meat on his bones. Not a skinny rake. And has mobility, can play forward and ruck.
I wonder what draft range he’d be?

Reactions: 1 users
The issue is Graham is a grunge player like Taranto and Hopper with no great pace so we desperately need to find a point of difference in there
And, he fnds the ball less then these guys. We do not need all 3. Jack Ross is also hopefully going to be fit next year, would prefer Graham's minutes go to him.

Reactions: 2 users
Is that him in the photo? No weight of course. Looks like he’s got a bit of meat on his bones. Not a skinny rake. And has mobility, can play forward and ruck.
I wonder what draft range he’d be?
Twomey hasn't got him in his top 30, I'm starting to think that Twomey wouldn't know a footy player if one bit him on the arse. I'd be happy if he was the first big bloke we selected.

Last edited:

Kayle Gerreyn

Stats:

Im not judging him either way Tman,

But thats Colts.

That kind of minimum youde want out of huge kid playing something between APS school footy and Coates

But yeah, you cant do much more than dominate.

*smile* me how shy they are to run these kids against the men

Rioli certainly increasing his trade value if he in fact does leave.
3 time Premiership player
Would like him to stay, However if he chooses to leave then we are well placed to get an unbelievable deal for Daniel.

For those concerned about Langford's athleticism:

Vertical: 61cm
Vertical R: 70cm
Vertical L: 72cm
5m: 1.210
10m: 1.949
20m: 3.213
Agility: 8.721
Yo-yo: 720

From pre-season testing.

Valid concerns.

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Twomey said Rioli for 12 and 20?

Get *smile*.

Saad got pick 8 and he was out of contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Im not judging him either way Tman,

But thats Colts.

That kind of minimum youde want out of huge kid playing something between APS school footy and Coates

But yeah, you cant do much more than dominate.

*smile* me how shy they are to run these kids against the men
The worm seems to be turning on this. For a few seasons there u18s playing seniors in state leages was as rare as hens teeth, now its not uncommon. Tiges VFL is pumping them through. Its the new black. Champion a fixture for Subi, Draper etc etc. Its been a big change, not sure what has driven it.

Its pretty simple.
Its our terms or he stays.
BTW West Coast gave up pick 14/F1/24 & 37 for kelly.
Geelong>>13/15/20/F4>>>Cameron
Moggies also got back 2 future second round draft picks to go with Jizza. For all the pomp n ceremony over the Jizza to Moggies deal it was more fluff n shuffling around than any sort of fancy mega pricey trade.

That Wet Coke trade for Kelly was a way bigger n more expensive deal.

Reactions: 3 users
$hai is contracted for five years isnt he?

Not 1 year.

So hes like a $200 bottle of tequila on the shelf.

Someone desperate to seal a deal might say

'Ill give you $120'

And you go 'tell you what, ill let it go for $200'

The thing with both Daniel and Shai is that they're both contracted for multiple years.

It's not like GC & Freo can wait it out for a year and then get them cheaper out of contract.

Pay up, bitches.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Wow. Just catching up with stuff. It seems this is gonna be the most tumultuous off season in many years at Tigerland. Is it gonna be the core of the next flag, or 2004 mega bust? Footy gods took a dump on our heads in 2024, but they may give us a silver lining.

Reactions: 3 users