2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Hmmm a few sliders in there that might impact trading strategy. Does Lombard fall that far? If so, GCS might hang onto their 1st. What about North, do they go with yet another midfielder or try and trade back, might that work for us?

there's going to be some unprecedented anomalies simply due to the depth of talent and the difficulty separating them.

there's total uncertainty right at the outset, Pick 1, which will reverberate down through the rounds.

I think they should drug test the recruiters on draft night this year.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Is it the Suns sending us a signal, don’t ask too much for Rioli, this is what we value pick 1 at?

But a good sign. I actually think Jagger and Finn are a great combo. Rozee and Butters. And Zac Butters is my Jagga comp, that’s the type he turns into.
Apparently it's fake.

But reflecting on the VFL game, Vontae made it look so easy. He sought contact so he could create space, or he just jinked his hips and sent the bad guys the wrong way.

Separator game for me. Class above.

C'mon dawg, I've been using it for months!

Did pretty well getting their Rowell and Anderson combo a few years back.
They took the consensus top 2 at the time. Freo (Young, Jackson, Serong) has done better from that draft - I'd take any 2 of those 3 over the GC pair.

I'd quite like to take Tauru just because his name fits perfectly with T-Rex track Metal Guru.
Alix Tauru, is it you? Yeah yeah yeah.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Lombard continues to be undervalued. 22 disposals, 3 goals, 11 score involvements, 6 tackles in the VFL last week:

Reactions: 3 users
would be an incredible group

id sell anyone on our list for that lot.
Well mate when push comes to shove.
We have 2 sides who are desperate for 2 outcomes that can be achievable.
Freo winning a Flag
Suns playing Finals.
Lets push that desperate envelope as far as we can.

What are the thoughts on Tom Gross? Every time I see him play I like him (only seen a couple of times). He has pace, is hard at the contest and looks like he has good hands. He can kick a goal as well.

I note he is flagged to be an early 2nd rounder, assume we will be in the running for him in that 2nd round. Would love an avid OC watchers thoughts.

I'm hoping the Suns get Pick 4 for Lukosius.
Rioli>>4 & 6
Bolton>>7 12 & 16

1-Fos
4-Jagga
6-Lalor
7-Langford
12-Berry
16-Sims
4 & 6 for Rioli? He ain’t Chris Judd. Rioli’s trade value on PRE is outrageously over the top.

You ain’t getting all three picks for Bolton either. Keep some sort of lid on it.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Well mate when push comes to shove.
We have 2 sides who are desperate for 2 outcomes that can be achievable.
Freo winning a Flag
Suns playing Finals.
Lets push that desperate envelope as far as we can.
Good summary. We can leverage but some of the trade valuations on here are outrageous.

4 & 6 for Rioli? He ain’t Chris Judd. Rioli’s trade value on PRE is outrageously over the top.

You ain’t getting all three picks for Bolton either. Keep some sort of lid on it.

It sort of depends. Obviously wouldn't get 3 without giving plenty back, and that plenty back would almost all need to be in future years, so depends how we do that. Depending on where Lombard fits in the draft will depend on what the GC does with their picks, if the consensus is no longer top 10, then they will pay overs to avoid having to give up 6, if still a risk then they will trade all of them out.

I can see Brisbane giving up a future pick for picks in this years draft, possibly even a future pick for later picks in this years draft, its all about points value for them, and in a similar way to GC, its all about points value.

yeah and Dusty was going to the Suns according too HUN Journos.
Not really the same thing. While I don’t think one second rounder gets it done I agree it’s probably not far off.

Pick 4 is no where near it

Ok maybe a bit over the top for Rioli.lol
But there is the Dimma factor.
3 picks for Bolton isn't out of the realms of possability though.
How much is a flag worth?
(Footnote:Bigger chance of above if we pay some % of contracts which we have plenty of space to do so)

What are the thoughts on Tom Gross? Every time I see him play I like him (only seen a couple of times). He has pace, is hard at the contest and looks like he has good hands. He can kick a goal as well.

I note he is flagged to be an early 2nd rounder, assume we will be in the running for him in that 2nd round. Would love an avid OC watchers thoughts.

I think hes your Brad Sewell/ Craig Lambert background VIP Mid.

he is a second rounder due to the depth this year.

most other years hes probably a first rounder

he trained with us preseason as part of the Australian Academy

I think the idea is both are contracted,

so you set a high price and happily let them play out their contract if the price isn't met?

Did pretty well getting their Rowell and Anderson combo a few years back.
They did. I was being flippant. But the shithouse comment still stands; 5 years after that draft they still haven't played finals.

It was a cracker draft that one. Luke Jackson, Hayden Young, Caleb Serong, Tom Green, Sam Flanders, Kosi Pickett, Will Day, Miles Bergman, Mitch Georgiades, Sam De Koning all in top 20.

Reactions: 3 users