2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Rioli gave Balta one of the biggest bakes I've heard in a long time yesterday. Balta ignored him on a short pass out of defence and in usual Balta fashion just boomed it long to a 2-1 contest instead and the ball came flying back in.

Rioli went off tap at him, waving and pointing at spots on the ground for what seemed to be a clear breach of team rules.
You know what. I'm all for trading Balta because he's really becoming irritable IMO. Looks more clunky than athletic.

Reactions: 1 users
You know what. I'm all for trading Balta because he's really becoming irritable IMO. Looks more clunky than athletic.
Let him go as a free agent next year. Aka Frawley leaving Melbourne and McKay leaving North
We will finish last and end up with picks 1 & 2.
They will come for him

Reactions: 5 users
I would absolutely love to see us bid on Ashcroft then Lombard at pick 1.

I dont see any downside?
I think we'll get both teams' first picks in trade, and I imagine a wink-wink-nudge-nudge part of the deals will be to not bid.

Twomey reporting it's Harvey Langford's turn to play in our VFL side this week.

• Wow
Reactions: 11 users
I was at the game as well.

My view was that fos looked a class above as a footballer , moved around like James Hird, has very very good evasive ability , excellent game sense and decision making , taller than I thought and showed very nice speed when he needed to, and not afraid to break up the game take players on and back his skill

Agree with red as far as his fitness, it looked below standard , but I did hear he has an ankle injury that has affected his preparation.

I know he had 11 possessions but they where class.

Jagga was great as an in and under footballer , no problem in him finding the footy he like a magnet to the ball . Seemed to go forwards a bit more than the last 2 weeks, he reminds me a bit of Craig lambert in his playing style , probably a better kick , but hard to tell as he very rarely tries to hit a difficult target.

As far as pick one goes I would be shocked if anyone would take Jagga ahead of fos on the game yesterday .

The only reason would be if you thought that fos would never get fit due to an inherent health default or a poor work ethic .
I think the draft combine may sort out some of the orders around the top 8 or so.

Reactions: 2 users
My only concern with FOS is his lack of ball winning. Regardless of his impact, surely we can't have a midfielder that only racks up 12 touches as our number 1 pick? Not when you had Ashcroft rack up 35 touches and a goal, Draper and Jagga in the 20s.

Reactions: 4 users
To my eyes FOS has unbelievable lateral movement. Has this balletic side skip to get out of trouble. Very hard to for oppo to read.

Reactions: 8 users
My only concern with FOS is his lack of ball winning. Regardless of his impact, surely we can't have a midfielder that only racks up 12 touches as our number 1 pick? Not when you had Ashcroft rack up 35 touches and a goal, Draper and Jagga in the 20s.
He played barely half the game. He averaged 22 as a bottom-ager in the Coates league last year.

Their was testing done on all u18s Coates league boys done in march 2024,would be great to see the results for jagga,fos,Langford, it was behind a pay wall in the Mercury.

He’s contracted so it should be well in our favour. Why do we need to pay any of his salary? If he wants to leave then we need to get the best overs deal.
Who else do we pay dow? You need to pay 90% of the salary cap

He played barely half the game. He averaged 22 as a bottom-ager in the Coates league last year.

Give me 22 bamboozling damaging angular metres

Over 40 hacks forward any day

Reactions: 6 users
Murphy Reid is all class. Like him over Lalor who is up there, but his kicking ain’t elite

He also seemed to play a lot more forward of centre, almost a flanker role at the weekend with stints in the midfield, probably down to his fitness levels as Redford alluded to. Reckon what we saw at the weekend was only scratching the surface with FOS.

Would also be an incentive for Gold Coast to overpay for any Rioli trade or just a points play by itself.

Could even also show interest in Draper and see if Adelaide make a move for our pick 1 with a generous offer. Especially if we think will get the player we want at 4. What would that be worth? Pick 4, 26 and a future 2nd? Not sure.

Having pick 1 looks like a huge advantage with our hand. So many options.
This is an interesting option. I think it would be 4 and 26 or 4 and a future 2nd in this years draft.

Lalor's an excellent kick, better than Reid.

agree, there's a touch of the Nick daffy about Reid.

if im gonna reach for someone,

Its Joe Berry.

I'm not saying he's top 5,

but I would fist pump and whoop if we read his name at No.1.

I can't and wont justify it.

Ive just got a feeling hes gonna kick 4-500 goals

• Wow