2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Wouldn't be the first club to do something like that ,and Shai doesn't really get to decide ,as long as he's back with his support network .
I would be surprised to see Dan Rioli going ,he's not playing like a player who wants out .
Disagree on Bolton.Sure the family support aspect is very important but with Bolton he is great when the side is ticking.He'd be just as miserable at WCE as he is currently with us.
Agree on Dan.If he stays i'd have him as our next Captain.

Reactions: 2 users
Rioli gave Balta one of the biggest bakes I've heard in a long time yesterday. Balta ignored him on a short pass out of defence and in usual Balta fashion just boomed it long to a 2-1 contest instead and the ball came flying back in.

Rioli went off tap at him, waving and pointing at spots on the ground for what seemed to be a clear breach of team rules.
So leadership….? Investment in the future direction of the club….?

Daniel was one of the young cubs Cotch and Jack spoke about in 2016. Selfless commitment to the next generation that paved the way for a dynasty.

It is now Daniel’s time to lead.

Rioli gave Balta one of the biggest bakes I've heard in a long time yesterday. Balta ignored him on a short pass out of defence and in usual Balta fashion just boomed it long to a 2-1 contest instead and the ball came flying back in.

Rioli went off tap at him, waving and pointing at spots on the ground for what seemed to be a clear breach of team rules.
Then in the last balta returned serve at someone along the boundry.You could be right.Not a happy family at Tigerland.

Are clubs allowed to do this or are there collision rules in place?

Richmond just have to show interest in Ashcroft to bring Brisbane to the trade table. What goes on behind closed doors is another matter.

Richmond has all the points Brisbane need anyway.

Even the difference between a bid at pick 1 and say pick 2 is 400 points or equal to another pick at 40 which Brisbane don't have.

Reactions: 1 user
Perhaps but when Balta went against team Rules and then expects others to follow then i think its a tad hypocritical on Baltas behalf.
There is a veil of uncertainty that has descended on the club in the last few months DDD. Leads to doubts in the minds of players and consequently to the lack of cohesion that is clearly evident on game day. It also means that we have a highly competent coach that has been placed in a very difficult position.

RFC decision makers are on notice as far as I’m concerned.

And for the record, our number one pick should not just be used on a likely 200 gamer, it should be used on a potential top 10 player in the comp. A player that can change the course of a game. Reckon that is FOS.

Reactions: 7 users
There is a veil of uncertainty that has descended on the club in the last few months DDD. Leads to doubts in the minds of players and consequently to the lack of cohesion that is clearly evident on game day. It also means that we have a highly competent coach that has been placed in a very difficult position.

RFC decision makers are on notice as far as I’m concerned.
Well i have a theory on that but yeah there seems to be a dark cloud hovering.

He's quite a few matches in now. Two champs, 3 APS and now one VFL. Did he show aerobic limitations prior to his finger injury?

(Jack Ross has just had 3 months off with a foot injury but ran strongly yesterday.)
Thinks he’s been on very managed minutes.
Most likely building into it.
On the other hand Smith is essentially a full time footballer having finished school and has played every week, week in, week out this year.
Ross of course is a seasoned footballer who was also on very managed minutes on the weekend.

Richmond just have to show interest in Ashcroft to bring Brisbane to the trade table. What goes on behind closed doors is another matter.

Richmond has all the points Brisbane need anyway.

Even the difference between a bid at pick 1 and say pick 2 is 400 points or equal to another pick at 40 which Brisbane don't have.

I would absolutely love to see us bid on Ashcroft then Lombard at pick 1.

I dont see any downside?

Reactions: 5 users
I have a feeling that we will take FOS at 1 and that Jagga will slide a bit and will be there if we want him.

I would absolutely love to see us bid on Ashcroft then Lombard at pick 1.

I dont see any downside?

Would also be an incentive for Gold Coast to overpay for any Rioli trade or just a points play by itself.

Could even also show interest in Draper and see if Adelaide make a move for our pick 1 with a generous offer. Especially if we think will get the player we want at 4. What would that be worth? Pick 4, 26 and a future 2nd? Not sure.

Having pick 1 looks like a huge advantage with our hand. So many options.

Last edited:

Saw Balta give an almighty spray to poor Sam Banks yesterday. Richmond supporters didnt hold back in giving Balta their own feedback. In this case it was Balta who didnt execute the handball correctly and it went out of bounce. Balta had a mare of a day. Any back to the topic.

Pick 1 - Ashcroft.