2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

We should look to bend over Brisbane Gold Coast and Freo this trade period.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I remember another Richmond player that had "aerobic limitations" back in the day. Mmm what was his name again mmmm....
How long ago back in the days? Are we thinking as recent as vibrancy or two mums, or way back when we were *smile*?

Reactions: 1 user
Thinking about it if Adelaide wanted to guarantee Draper by taking pick 1 would probably work best to Richmond's advantage only if a 3 way deal could be done with North.

Adelaide pick 4 and 26 + future second round and get pick 1

North pick 2 for pick 4 and future second round (or 26).

Richmond pick 1 for pick 2 and 26 (or future second round).

Assuming a deal is done with Brisbane and Gold Coast for their first round picks beforehand as we need to hold pick 1 for leverage.

Richmond would still get the player they want at pick 2 (as long as it's not Draper) plus an additional second round pick. North would probably get the player they want too.
Great trade. Maybe Adelaide need a sweetener with a third round pick in there somewhere

Everyone gets there man Adelaide/ Draper. North /traynor tigers /?

We should look to bend over Brisbane Gold Coast and Freo this trade period.
Brisbane have only 1,476 points on current ladder position and if Richmond were to bid Ashcroft at 1 they would need 2,400 points - basically need over 900 more points = around pick 19.

No way they can get enough points from this year's picks alone by dealing with any other team. Richmond not bidding at 1 is just as important as getting picks for points for Brisbane.

You would think that Richmond would be their first call at trade time for points for their first round pick (14) . We may also be there on draft night with points picks for future picks if they need to match at 2 or 3 etc on the night.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
At what stage do you think the media will realise we could get Brisbane and or Carlton’s first round picks in addition to early picks from baker Rioli Bolton and Graham

Reactions: 1 user
So if the exodus does happen and we have say 6 picks in the top 20 or so, would we take Dodson with 1? With our ruck stocks being what they are, it would seem a logical move to add a potential high class one through the draft.
N e v e r use no1 pic on a ruck , worst move you could ever make

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I think FOS at AFL level in his first 3 years will be a Forward/Mid.
Jobe Watson who coached him at school level spoke highly of him. Even comparing him to Fyfe and Pendleberry.

Reactions: 3 users
We are totally stuffed and need every possible quality pick...NOW.
We need to be nasty to deal with and take everything possible...otherwise we will be rubbish for years to come.
Times have changed...this year is the line in the sand.
From now on...stack picks..lean on other sides...play dirty. Refuse to accept the AFLs " equalisation" policy....read...AFL decide who wins.
A shirt load of high draft picks and we will be back baby!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Here we are planning on mass departures but if Bakes, Bolton and Rioli stay suddenly the three picks inside 15 not looking so good.

Reactions: 1 users
Jagga live was impressive.
Against a dominant midfield, and a young bod against grown professional men, Jags got first hands on it and gave it off quickly. He's a smart user. Absolute magnet.
Not a distributor.
Willing in the clinches, once he attempted to take down the big lug ruck.

The best comparison in my eyes is Lachie Neale.
He's so quick to get it and get it moving.
Its not his footspeed but his brain and quick hands and feet that translate to fast play.

Reactions: 12 users
Maybe I am reading too much into it but with Jagga, FOS and now Langford playing in our VFL team, maybe they are three we are weighing up on who we choose for pick 1.

Great trade. Maybe Adelaide need a sweetener with a third round pick in there somewhere

Everyone gets there man Adelaide/ Draper. North /traynor tigers /?
No way should we take 4 and 26 for pick 1. At the very least we should demand their future first. The way it's looking we're going to finish up with a stack of early picks this year and it wouldn't hurt to bank some for next year as well.

If we do trade with them they'll finish up with Draper and FS Welsh this year and would be well pleased with that I would have thought. On the other hand if we rate Draper as the best option we just take him and stuff Adelaide.

Reactions: 5 users