2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

The combination must include 8 and 13. Otherwise tell them to *smile* off. He’s our player so pony up losers.
Freo only just making the 8 means they will be more desperate to get Bolton.He is the missing puzzle piece.

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah, he's a nice guy. (Lives in Richmond).

You missed an opportunity. You should have asked him who he thought Richmond - or who most teams - had pegged at 1.
Yes. I used to be down on him because he'd just get mail off others and regurgitate it, that will always be part of his job, but he's doing more of his own analysis now. He's growing on me.

We could wish. Sausage is way the better player than Shai. Take the best we can get for Shai n move on, still petulant far to often, still tries to play like he's the only one capable. Cream on top for a good side, often a hindrance in a poor side.
You said it yourself.Bolton is cream in a good side.Freo are in their window.
Solid defence
Outstanding midfield
Lethal Fwd Line(With Bolton)
8 & 13 the bare min.

Yes. I used to be down on him because he'd just get mail off others and regurgitate it, that will always be part of his job, but he's doing more of his own analysis now. He's growing on me.
If you meet him, he will tell you about footy stuff that he can't repeat on air or in any of his columns.

Reactions: 2 users
I went to the VFL game on Sunday almost exclusively to watch Jags and FOS. In fact, I pretty much just watched them. Off the ball, their running patterns, how much time on the bench, their communication etc. A lot of stuff you can’t see on tv. My 2 cents worth on them with a bit of a one on one comparison involved….

Jags was easily the better of the two from an output perspective on the day. I thought he was our second best player behind Blight. He’s a very very smart footballer Jags – particularly at stoppages. He has elite play reading skills. His positioning, his running to space….fantastic. Quick hands. He got off numerous contested/pressure handballs to team mates in the clear which then established links down the ground. His kicking lacks penetration. Watching him warm up he couldn’t cover 40m downhill at the train station end of the ground taking set shots. When he gets some more oomf in his kicking, and creates more forward movement with more kicking (very handball dominant), he will be a player.

FOS, whilst lesser output, is the classier and more impactful player when involved. He hits contests with more speed than Jags and takes the tackler on. Stays on his feet. Good finisher. He was a bit disappointing from a work rate perspective though. He’s underdone. Spent nearly 12 mins on the bench in the 3rd quarter and maybe the same in the last quarter. He was totally gassed in the last quarter. Thought he was gonna throw up actually. He spent a lot of the game jogging through the centre corridor whereas Jags worked out wider and into defence much more. Some of that was to do with Morris yelling at him to stay out there and hold the structure. Anyway, he still has a ways to go on the aerobic front I feel. Maybe injuries have affected that this year.

Both are not that quick over the ground. (FOS the advantage in that respect. He’s ok…but certainly not nippy.) That’s not either of their 1 woods. They’re both contest to contest players which is where they shine.

Both should be good players. Dunno if I’d take both of them together though. Think I’d like a bit more speed and carry and would mix one of them up with a Draper or someone instead if I had two picks in the top 3-5.

Anyway, just personal at the game, obs....

(One other thing: FOS has definitely grown a cm or two. He is quite well defined in the shoulders and legs and projects to have a pretty solid frame in a couple of years. Jags....not so much).
Noticed FOS was one of the first to go up to players after they kicked a goal and very talkative. Leadership qualities

I went to the VFL game on Sunday almost exclusively to watch Jags and FOS. In fact, I pretty much just watched them. Off the ball, their running patterns, how much time on the bench, their communication etc. A lot of stuff you can’t see on tv. My 2 cents worth on them with a bit of a one on one comparison involved….

Jags was easily the better of the two from an output perspective on the day. I thought he was our second best player behind Blight. He’s a very very smart footballer Jags – particularly at stoppages. He has elite play reading skills. His positioning, his running to space….fantastic. Quick hands. He got off numerous contested/pressure handballs to team mates in the clear which then established links down the ground. His kicking lacks penetration. Watching him warm up he couldn’t cover 40m downhill at the train station end of the ground taking set shots. When he gets some more oomf in his kicking, and creates more forward movement with more kicking (very handball dominant), he will be a player.

FOS, whilst lesser output, is the classier and more impactful player when involved. He hits contests with more speed than Jags and takes the tackler on. Stays on his feet. Good finisher. He was a bit disappointing from a work rate perspective though. He’s underdone. Spent nearly 12 mins on the bench in the 3rd quarter and maybe the same in the last quarter. He was totally gassed in the last quarter. Thought he was gonna throw up actually. He spent a lot of the game jogging through the centre corridor whereas Jags worked out wider and into defence much more. Some of that was to do with Morris yelling at him to stay out there and hold the structure. Anyway, he still has a ways to go on the aerobic front I feel. Maybe injuries have affected that this year.

Both are not that quick over the ground. (FOS the advantage in that respect. He’s ok…but certainly not nippy.) That’s not either of their 1 woods. They’re both contest to contest players which is where they shine.

Both should be good players. Dunno if I’d take both of them together though. Think I’d like a bit more speed and carry and would mix one of them up with a Draper or someone instead if I had two picks in the top 3-5.

Anyway, just personal at the game, obs....

(One other thing: FOS has definitely grown a cm or two. He is quite well defined in the shoulders and legs and projects to have a pretty solid frame in a couple of years. Jags....not so much).

Agree entirely with this.

FOS showed elite A grade traits. Imagine if he develops a tank?

I think he's the one. More chance of being a Dusty stand in than Jagga.

Reactions: 1 users
Agree entirely with this.

FOS showed elite A grade traits. Imagine if he develops a tank?

I think he's the one. More chance of being a Dusty stand in than Jagga.

I dont disagree entirely,

but 'Chance' is the operative word.

Ive maintained, Jagga may not turn out the best player in the pool,

but IMO he is the most likely to play 250 very good games.

If we take him at 1, I think the worst that can happen is we have a crucial clearance winner and a creative playmaker through two premiership cycles

ditto draper and ashcroft.

thats why I think they are the Top 3.

Yeah, he's a nice guy. (Lives in Richmond).

You missed an opportunity. You should have asked him who he thought Richmond - or who most teams - had pegged at 1.
I wanted to ask that, but was 5 late for a meeting haha.