2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Jagga Smith (27 disposals, 14 contested possessions, three rebound-50s, four clearances)

“Jagga, once again, got the ball in and under and led the team with 14 contested possessions. I’ve spoken to Jagga about taking the game on a little bit more and driving his legs and getting the ball forward. He knows that this is an area that he wants to focus on, and I'm sure he'll get to work on that.”

This from Steve morris

This is what I have been talking about , jagga is a low impact accumulator

An awesome one , but so is Tom Mitchell

Reactions: 2 users
Jagga Smith (27 disposals, 14 contested possessions, three rebound-50s, four clearances)

“Jagga, once again, got the ball in and under and led the team with 14 contested possessions. I’ve spoken to Jagga about taking the game on a little bit more and driving his legs and getting the ball forward. He knows that this is an area that he wants to focus on, and I'm sure he'll get to work on that.”

This from Steve morris

An awesome one , but so is Tom Mitchell
Dyson Heppell vibes

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
1. Richmond - FOS
2. Brisbane (match bid) - Ashcroft
3. GC (match bid) - Lombard
4. WC - Draper
5. Norf - Trainor
6. Adelaide - Smillie
7. St Kilda - Jagga
8. Richmond - Lalor
Do you see no risk with FOS?

With what he has produced to date it’s a big call.

BTW we won’t end up last.

2.99 sec not elite but right on the Lachie Neale number, will be interesting to compare his other results.

Lachie's testing at the state combine was impressive across the board. His standing VJ of 73 and RVJ of 95 is elite. His 8.24 agility, 14.2 beep and 3.00 sprint are all very good times as well.
Dismiss any stats on Jagga’s running. His burst away from traffic is excellent and his endurance is huge. Have seen him play a lot over the years and his biggest challenge is to be more damaging with his huge disposal count.
Did see him run a 6min 2k TT at Oakleigh training last year.

Reactions: 1 users
Dismiss any stats on Jagga’s running. His burst away from traffic is excellent and his endurance is huge. Have seen him play a lot over the years and his biggest challenge is to be more damaging with his huge disposal count.
Did see him run a 6min 2k TT at Oakleigh training last year.
I'd be pretty bullish on Jag learning how to become more attacking. Cut down the posses to 25-30 and learn how to attack and he'll be a superstar.

Watching u 18 champs again.
Shanahan is a very tallented mobile tall forward.
Simms is a power forward.
Key forwards win finals..well known .
I would really like us to take
1 Draper/ Smith
2 Lawler/Langford
3 Shanahan
4 Simms
5 Berry..or another mid.ie Datoli ..Urquart....Gross...there are plenty of others.
This is a very reasonable option.
We will have enough picks.
In 3 years this will set us up.
There are so many quality players..we cant go wrong.
Seriously..the more picks the better.
Add some more next year and we will be flying in 2028. It will be a great fun time watching quality kids develope..much better than what we have now..I do not choose mediocre ..I want something to cheer for and have hope for.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Watching u 18 champs again.
Shanahan is a very tallented mobile tall forward.
Simms is a power forward.
Key forwards win finals..well known .
I would really like us to take
1 Draper/ Smith
2 Lawler/Langford
3 Shanahan
4 Simms
5 Berry..or another mid.ie Datoli ..Urquart....Gross...there are plenty of others.
This is a very reasonable option.
We will have enough picks.
In 3 years this will set us up.
There are so many quality players..we cant go wrong.
Seriously..the more picks the better.
Add some more next year and we will be flying in 2028. It will be a great fun time watching quality kids develope..much better than what we have now..I do not choose mediocre ..I want something to cheer for and have hope for.
We can’t go wrong.
Can I quote you on that?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Yep...the choices are terriffic.
Pick those 5 and we are flying.
The alternative is years of rubbish...like this year. I cant stand that thought.

I hope FJ has some influence in this draft ,so we stop taking nice types and get some hard physical types .

So this BT.

Let's stop drafting "nice types" who might move well and have a lovely kicking action. That was Clarke's modus operandi - especially with earlyish picks.

Let's go back to prioritising competitiveness and having a winners attitude above all else, then work from there.

Amazing what having that attribute across a club can bring.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
So this BT.

Let's stop drafting "nice types" who might move well and have a lovely kicking action. That was Clarke's modus operandi - especially with earlyish picks.

Let's go back to prioritising competitiveness and having a winners attitude above all else, then work from there.

Amazing what having that attribute across the club can bring.
This is true competitiveness.

PS. How can you preach that and back Ryan Sampson?

• Dislike

This from Steve morris

An awesome one, but so is Tom Mitchell

Gotta remember he's played his last two games against men in tough (very at Sandy) conditions that were heavy underfoot.

It has restricted his ability to get on top of the ground and "dance" around opponents like we know he can.

But he's copped pretty close attention, is a featherweight against old heavyweights and keeps presenting in close, keeps getting contested possessions and clearances. It's a great quality. How many of his peers would have fronted up like that the past couple of weeks?

Also. not sure a junior has been as extensively reviewed and analysed by Tiger supporters as much as Mick. He's front of mind to get picked apart because of our pick and playing for us.

i.e. If Draper (who's rightly one of a couple of others in the frame for pick 1 ILO) played for our two's and kicked it like he did on the weekend we'd be all over knocking him.

End of the day they are both kids, overall, excelling against men.

Finally, let's not forget it was only 3 weeks ago Mick was clear BOG in what is universally regarded as the best under 18 match seen. It also included what is expected to be approx 8 of the top 10 in this years draft. That is the benchmark.

He had - 425 metres gained (3rd), 16 contested (1st by a mile), 8 clearances (1st) at 84% disposal efficiency - Huge.

He's All Aus captain for a reason.

PS - This not all at you Niko. Just replied then got on a roll lol ha!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users