2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Doesn't play that role. If you think Trainor is your best bet you should trade down and split the pick.

I wasnt saying trainors my best bet,

I was saying if hes the best available at a pick, you take him.

You simply have to go best available in the top 10

Id take him over smilie at any pick,

But id take jagga, draper, lalor, fos, langford, berry ahead of him.

Meaning if i had pick 7/8 and those blokes are all gone, i take him

This article is basically what I was saying yesterday Choking Faces i.e. the strategic sense in trading back given the flat nature of the top 6-7.

Twomey I know you're reading this. I've told you before: my stuff is copyrighted !
Splitting pick 1 this year won’t be an option.

Our only chance of getting multiple Round 1 picks is through a player leaving or targeting the clubs with FS/Academy players.

Reactions: 1 user
Doesn't play that role. If you think Trainor is your best bet you should trade down and split the pick.

Not bad for Langford. Similar mover. Good shout.
Jordan Lewis went at pick 7. Seems fair value for Langford.

In comparison the year Lewis was drafted he had Deledio, Roughead, Tambling, Franklin, Griffen and Williams go before him.

Splitting pick 1 this year won’t be an option.

Our only chance of getting multiple Round 1 picks is through a player leaving or targeting the clubs with FS/Academy players.
Maybe not. But not impossible Provoking Places. It only needs two clubs in the top 6 or 7 that are prioritising the same player. Might not get the traditional value per previous years (as Twomey suggests), but a split is not entirely impossible.

You're so negative Aces Frehley... so negative.

Maybe not. But not impossible Provoking Places. It only needs two clubs in the top 6 or 7 that are prioritising the same player. Might not get the traditional value per previous years (as Twomey suggests), but a split is not entirely impossible.

You're so negative Aces Frehley... so negative.
Realist my friend.

If you were to split pick 1 you need a pick in the top 6 as a minimum return.

Or injured. But playing injured makes no sense?

He might be sick of footy/pressure?

It is odd.

He'd have to be sliding
If he wants to play for the mighty Tigers, he’d better lift.
Otherwise he could find himself at somewhere like St Kilda or even the Suns

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
would the Aints take our first and second rounder for their picks 5 & 6? would it be worthwhile for us?

would the Aints take our first and second rounder for their picks 5 & 6? would it be worthwhile for us?

on a current rough order

1. jagga
2. Trainor
(Ashcroft) (Lombard)
3. Draper
4. FOS
5. Lalor
6. langford
7 Reid
8. Berry
9. lindsay
10. Smilie

Jagga and Sims for Lalor and Berry?

tough one.

if I could trade back into the second round and grab one of Sims, Armstrong or J. Whitlock, Id pull the trigger.

Its a hypothetical that reiterates how many good players are in the top 20

Saints would have to be really into Jagga or Draper or FOS

The Saints need top end talent too.
Maybe they rate a top 3 higher than what they'd get at 5. But then 6 is a long way down to 20. So I dont think its a good deal for the saints

Reactions: 1 users
For all the draft watches out there, is Smilie being held to different standards to what the other draftees are?

For all the draft watches out there, is Smilie being held to different standards to what the other draftees are?
Don't think so. There seems to be a widely held opinion (including various junior media sources) that his Championships were just "ok" but not indicative of a number 1 draft pick - as was being touted prior.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure 4 or 5 clubs still have him at the top, or close to it i.e. top 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users