2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Drop back...3 picks between 4 to 12 ? Or something of that sort.
Crows or Saints(4) for#1 & F1 is a no brainer for me.
People tossing up who's #1 this year.
Next years crop are they better as in clearer picture of who will be the standouts?
Don't think the crows will improve much and the Saints.Well they are the saints.
Next year we could have 2 picks in the top 4.

It's all part of the convo. If there's that much uncertainty about using 1 on Jagga then de-risk and add accumulated value across a couple of players that appear to be around the same rating instead of tipping all in on one. Strategic.
Worth the risk imo.
We could end up with FOS if he continues with his injury woes.

Reactions: 1 user
Crows or Saints(4) for#1 & F1 is a no brainer for me.
People tossing up who's #1 this year.
Next years crop are they better as in clearer picture of who will be the standouts?
Don't think the crows will improve much and the Saints.Well they are the saints.
Next year we could have 2 picks in the top 4.
I doubt either team are doing that

We dont need Trainor. Even if he's on the board.
I'm all for taking Hotton but as our first pick? Significant risk.
Draper gone. No chance at 6.

One of Lalor and Langford is left.
I'm thinking Lalor will already be selected.

So I'll give you Langford.
Does he have the burst we need?
If he's not the best onballer of his age group then is he going to be the ace of our mid pack?

Its this. A trade down has its limits. Pick 1 for 6 and 12 gets 2 very good players. But we need elite mids
@12 Hotton could still be there.

'is Harvey Langford (top 10) slow?'

if he tests quick and agile, he might go from 7 to 4 in some orders?
First time ever but on Saturday, in a horrible game of wet footy that they were winning by 10 goals but he looked slowish.

Maybe he was going at half pace in a game that was won, that didn't matter but it did make me think.

Who is he at the next level? What's the comp? Is it Bont? Is it Kyle Langford? Is it poor mans Isssac Henney?

I'm big on defined roles. What is Langfords?

First time ever but on Saturday, in a horrible game of wet footy that they were winning by 10 goals but he looked slowish.

Maybe he was going at half pace in a game that was won, that didn't matter but it did make me think.

Who is he at the next level? What's the comp? Is it Bont? Is it Kyle Langford? Is it poor mans Isssac Henney?

Always thought Hayden Young

Gold Coast are selling. Their objectives are top picks, future picks, poss players.
Brisbane are selling. Their objective is points.

Trade GC 54, 57, 63, 68 and a future second (say 20) for 6.
Trade BL 36, 39, 41 for 17. (This is still lower in points than what BL would want. But no other club can do a better deal. BL can get Ashcroft without a big downgrade.)

So we'd have 1, 6, 17, 21. (But no f2nd)

Thats without player movements.
Your GC pick trade is no where near it

The other thing with that GC trade is GC don't need points this year. They have a massive hand already.

With their 2/3 1sts, they will either, trade UP the draft, trade them for players or trade into 2025. They have no real need to trade backwards for many, if any points.

Even if you take out their 1st 3 picks and assume they aren't there, with the discount they have enough points already banked to match a bid at Pick 5.

The trade includes our future 2nd, so roughly 20.
I'd guess top 4 clubs would swap a future first, eg Sydney 18 for 6.
Its unbalanced so may not be approved by the AFL. Regardless 18 v 20 is similar.

Not many clubs will be in position to propose this trade.

Plus Smillie is actually still a good player hardly a disaster at pick 6
With Smillie only not getting the magical mid 20s disposals in the championships was this only because he wasn't playing mid much or did he struggle to actually have the tank to attack a contest 40 or 50 times which normally means he could win 25 -30, touches .

Yep.

And if you have an excess of KPd, you trade one to tassie for a premium
Is Trainor a KPD? I don't think so. He is Jordan Ridley, maybe Tom Stewart but more of a third tall than a KPD.

He could be a better more attacking Nathan Broad. Isn't that Tom Brown? If we took him at 1, I'd be filthy.

Reactions: 3 users
Is Trainor a KPD? I don't think so. He is Jordan Ridley, maybe Tom Stewart but more of a third tall than a KPD.

He could be a better more attacking Nathan Broad. Isn't that Tom Brown? If we took him at 1, I'd be filthy.

Pretty sure hes alex rance sized,

But i know what you mean.

Jordan Lewis

What about the Saints? Lets say they have 5 and 6, If we can get our hands on a Pick 15, how about Picks 1, 15 and the Graham compo pick, for Picks 5, 6 and 24.

Saints to me don't think they are in a rebuild stage, so if they have the chance at bidding on the best young player plus get a later 1st, then they probably do it.

I'd then probably do a bit of horse trading with North to try and get their 1st (probably Pick 3) for 5 and something else. We go in with 3, 6 and then use our other picks to trade up for GC's pick (lets say its pick 8). We might still have something later but picks 3, 6 and 8 would go a long way to rebuilding the midfield. If we can hang on to the 1st pick of the 2nd round, then we probably get a tall there.
0n SEN they said St Kilda have said if they get compo pick 6 they will use both 5&6 in the draft but if they didn't they would consider splitting pick 5