2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

That's where I'm at. At 7, sure. At 1, no.

I'm similar with Draper. He's more dynamic and burst than Jagga but not an elite user either.
But the absolute huge difference is the extra space he gains from stoppages towards his teams.

Reactions: 1 user
Which five non-aligned players go before Lalor? FOS, Draper, Jagga, Smillie, Trainor? You wouldn't think any others. So 6 is the latest you'd want that pick, unless you're happy with Langford or Reid as your first pick?
Massive risk end up with Smillie instead.
Swap pick 1 for Smillie and Gross.

Ouch. No trade

Reactions: 1 user
I like Gerreyn a lot, set shot goal kicking is a bit iffy.

Another tall who didn't make the WA under 18's is Lucas Ravenhill. I saw him live a couple of months ago while watching my mates son playing. He takes a pretty good grab and looked to be an ok kick. He comes from the same neck of the woods as Blight, McGovern and Darcy Cameron to name a few, they produce some good talls down that way.

My man Lucas Ravenhill slotted another 4 goals yesterday.

Reactions: 2 users
Hawks great recruitment template, select players that can kick and run.
They are very impressive in their synergy, none of which I can see with Richmond at present.

Reactions: 9 users
Hawks great recruitment template, select players that can kick and run.
They are very impressive in their synergy, none of which I can see with Richmond at present.
A lot of people on here said their recruiting was no good.

If you were watching closely, the signs of Hawthorns revival were on display in 2022 when they played us at the G late in the year. They ran us around all day, and hit targets. We only got through that game due to our senior experience.

The real question or uncertainty was Mitchell. He seems to be answering things.

Big big ups with Hawthorn. Been obvious for a couple of years now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
We need 34 1st rounders.
Where putting our future into the hands of the blokes that have dropped us to rock bottom in the 1st place.
25 picks since 2017 and not 1 stand out kid

A lot of people on here said their recruiting was no good.

If you were watching closely, the signs of Hawthorns revival were on display in 2022 when they played us at the G late in the year. They ran us around all day, and hit targets. We only got through that game due to our senior experience.

The real question or uncertainty was Mitchell. He seems to be answering things.

Big big ups with Hawthorn. Been obvious for a couple of years now.
Even last season's winning goal from Bakes.

If the umps actually watched Longmire, they'd have paid about 10 frees against him so far, hands around at every stoppage, doesn't matter if its Jagga, McAuliffe or Sonsie, he's been all over them before the balls even in their vicinity.

They watch, it happens all the time, Holding the Man as a violation of the rules only exists on paper - out on the ground the umps rarely pay it. You see it in every game, mids get held before, during and after the ruck contest constantly. It is a travesty, it adds to congestion, but players have to adjust to the fact that the umps are clearly instructed to not bother paying holding frees.

DS

I don't watch the Juniors, will the draft combine crystalize anyone's opinion on players or is it irrelevant??