2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

FOS can get more ball. Jagga's skills are what they are. Average kick with no penetration. How many pointless 8-metre dinks does he do?
Yeah. Not convinced either. Not as a number 1 pick anyway.

Maybe I can be, but not as of now.

I was at the game today and basically just watched him. On the ball. Off the ball. Everywhere. Thought he had just average influence.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah. Not convinced either. Not as a number 1 pick anyway.

Maybe I can be, but not as of now.
That's where I'm at. At 7, sure. At 1, no.

I'm similar with Draper. He's more dynamic and burst than Jagga but not an elite user either.

Do you see Jagga the equivalent of Reid or Daicos at under 18 level ? I don't. Long way off it I reckon.
From what I can see there is no Reid or Daicos in this draft so I am going by the players available.

I am hearing a lot about FOS, Smilie and Lalor being number 1 picks and better choices than Jagga and Draper but the form line is not there.

Jagga and Draper have both performed against men and consistently rack up big numbers of footy. The other 3 need to show more than what they have so far this year.

Reactions: 4 users
that was probably the worst game jagga's played in 3 years;

27d, 3 clearances, 6 score involvements, 8 intercept possessions.

thats his floor.

I 100% get that people of other No.1's,

but talk of him >7 is crazy.

I hope your right tho

Reactions: 2 users
From what I can see there is no Reid or Daicos in this draft so I am going by the players available.

I am hearing a lot about FOS, Smilie and Lalor being number 1 picks and better choices than Jagga and Draper but the form line is not there.
Yeah, so why use a number 1 on him then ? Or any of those others either, for that matter.

Personally, the idea of dropping back and generating extra picks and accumulated value, isn't without appeal. Less risk as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, so why use a number 1 on him then ?

Personally, the idea of dropping back and generating extra picks and accumulated value, isn't without appeal. Less risk as well.
That’s a different conversation Red.

I was debating who we take at 1.

Splitting pick 1 is definitely worthy of the conversation if there is no clear favourite. But why would you do it for a club that has multiple top 10 picks such as Freo?

That’s a different conversation Red.

I was debating who we take at 1.

Splitting pick 1 is definitely worthy of the conversation if there is no clear favourite. But why would you do it for a club that has multiple top 10 picks such as Freo?
It's all part of the convo. If there's that much uncertainty about using 1 on Jagga then de-risk and add accumulated value across a couple of players that appear to be around the same rating instead of tipping all in on one. Strategic.

Reactions: 3 users
It's all part of the convo. If there's that much uncertainty about using 1 on Jagga then de-risk and add accumulated value across a couple of players that appear to be around the same rating instead of tipping all in on one. Strategic.
Agree but right now I can’t see another club do it.

Personally I think it’s a moot point as I don’t think we will end up on the bottom of the ladder.

The only club that would do it is Gold Coast.

you have to think hard if they offer 7 and 8 for 1.

GC could get draper and Lombard

we would get one of Lalor/Langford/Reid and Berry

you have to think hard if they offer 7 and 8 for 1.

GC could get draper and Lombard

we would get one of Lalor/Langford/Reid and Berry
What if it's 8 and 12? One of their picks is linked to the Dogs, who are finals-bound.

that was probably the worst game jagga's played in 3 years;

27d, 3 clearances, 6 score involvements, 8 intercept possessions.

thats his floor.

I 100% get that people of other No.1's,

but talk of him >7 is crazy.

I hope your right tho
Very low impact footballer

We have to do better than that at pic 1

Doing ok Jags but as a few people have raised before, a lot of his possessions are short and sideways. Handball dominant. Odd kick hasn't been anything special. Not sure how much damage or impact he has. He looks one-paced for mine too.
Nothing against the kid, and longer term who knows how it would play out. But right now, we need class. Kicking class. Coll running rings around us atm cos we are dumb and can't kick to advantage. We need players who can deliver over 40-50m consistently imho. Take Draper at 1 and FOS falling to 7-8 is a good chance.

Reactions: 1 user