2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

jagga attracting really close attention at stoppages this quarter., mostly from Horse Longmire's nephew, who isn't that good and Ed Allan be interesting to see how he goes

If the umps actually watched Longmire, they'd have paid about 10 frees against him so far, hands around at every stoppage, doesn't matter if its Jagga, McAuliffe or Sonsie, he's been all over them before the balls even in their vicinity.

Reactions: 1 users
jagga 18 disposals halftime.

id like to see a bit more evasion and composure.

If the umps actually watched Longmire, they'd have paid about 10 frees against him so far, hands around at every stoppage, doesn't matter if its Jagga, McAuliffe or Sonsie, he's been all over them before the balls even in their vicinity.

yep he scrags 'em down to his level.

80's tagger

Doing ok Jags but as a few people have raised before, a lot of his possessions are short and sideways. Handball dominant. Odd kick hasn't been anything special. Not sure how much damage or impact he has. He looks one-paced for mine too.

Reactions: 4 users
pretty different players from what I can tell.

draper is more powerful and in forward gear.

Jagga more creative and 360 degree.

jagga attracting really close attention at stoppages this quarter., mostly from Horse Longmire's nephew, who isn't that good and Ed Allan be interesting to see how he goes
It seems to be,
Do we want Lachie Neale (jagga)
Or
Do we want a version of Danger(Drapper)
But it's harder to find a burst player like Draper and not likely to play regularly as well as jagga.

Reactions: 3 users
In defence of jagga the conditions are going to give u much less time to dispose of the ball with extra congestion.

It seems to be,
Or
But it's harder to find a burst player like Draper and not likely to play regularly as well as jagga.

I think its a fair comparison

Reactions: 1 user
Doing ok Jags but as a few people have raised before, a lot of his possessions are short and sideways. Handball dominant. Odd kick hasn't been anything special. Not sure how much damage or impact he has. He looks one-paced for mine too.

he is definitely not one paced,

but yes, today, disposal looks more will Ashcroft than nick daicos

it is shithouse conditions, and he is getting a pretty hard tag from a crude spud who isn't the slightest interested in the ball at stoppages.

Id probably call Drapers name out first right now, but maybe not in an hour :cool:

It seems to be,
Or
We (should) want Cotchin (FOS)

Jagga's ball use has been putrid in this game. Up and under 25-metre kicks.

he is definitely not one paced,

but yes, today, disposal looks more will Ashcroft than nick daicos

it is shithouse conditions, and he is getting a pretty hard tag from a crude spud who isn't the slightest interested in the ball at stoppages.

Id probably call Drapers name out first right now, but maybe not in an hour :cool:
I'm along the same thinking but wouldn't be disappointed to land jagga.
Maybe pick 2 ,even 3 if north go tall would be better as ,decision made for us.

We (should) want Cotchin (FOS)

Jagga's ball use has been putrid in this game. Up and under 25-metre kicks.

If were gonna cut star FOS slack for a 5 disposal game ,

We gotta provide star Jagga some slack for some uninspiring ball use

If were gonna cut star FOS slack for a 5 disposal game ,

We gotta provide star Jagga some slack for some uninspiring ball use
FOS can get more ball. Jagga's skills are what they are. Average kick with no penetration. How many pointless 8-metre dinks does he do?

FOS can get more ball. Jagga's skills are what they are. Average kick with no penetration. How many pointless 8-metre dinks does he do?

I addressed metres gained in his last champs game, where he bested rioli and short and whitfield.

Today is an anomoly, which happens.

Lombard had 11 disposals last vfl game.

Bo allan had 2 CP at this level yesterday and hes pegged as high as no.4

Even No1's are still kids prone to inconsistency.

But jagga is gonna dominate stoppage at ever level, which is rare

Ideally, jagga slides as anthony miles,

And we get draper or fos at 1 and jagga at 7

Pretty unlikely though.

He is the most prolific ball winner since Daicos and Sheezel

Last edited:
I addressed metres gained in his last champs game, where he bested rioli and short and whitfield.

Today is an anomoly, which happens.

Lombard had 11 disposals last vfl game.

Bo allan had 2 CP at this level yesterday and hes pegged as high as no.4

Even No1's are still kids prone to inconsistency.

But jagga is gonna dominate stoppage at ever level, which is rare

Ideally, jagga slides as anthony miles,

And we get draper or fos at 1 and jagga at 7

Pretty unlikely though.

He is the most prolific ball winner since Daicos and Sheezel
You know my disdain for meres gained. Even more so if you're aiming for it. When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be useful.

He's had 2 clearances. Sonsie's had 10.

Daicos and Sheezel are elite ball users. Jagga is most definitely not.

I'm ok with your ideal situation. (Provided it's FOS.) Reckon FOS and one of Lalor, Langford or Allan might be a better combo.

You know my disdain for meres gained. Even more so if you're aiming for it. When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be useful.

He's had 2 clearances. Sonsie's had 10.

Daicos and Sheezel are elite ball users. Jagga is most definitely not.

I'm ok with your ideal situation. (Provided it's FOS.) Reckon FOS and one of Lalor, Langford or Allan might be a better combo.

If you rate Allen over Jagga,

Im going to apply a fungicide over my entire pasture

• Haha