2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Like the look of Draper aswell. He's the type we could use.

Reactions: 2 users
If Tigers beat North and suns and sheet
Coast ,North get picks 1 and 2.
Pick 1 West coast Draper
Pick 2 North Trainor or a tall.

Will west coast 100% go for
Jagga,fos,smillie,Draper or could Bo Allan get picked earlier.

Are North 100% going to.ignore mids.

Malachi Champion 3 goals straight and 5 assists on debut*

very hard working, very quick, very small forward,

........... who rarely misses the goals.

id love him at tiger land. although hes probably in the 20-40 range, where WC will match with junk

* against a pretty substandard WC

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I get the feeling we will have pick 3 in the draft not pick 1 so we get the leftovers anyway

Sid Draper another 26 touches and 1 goal.

Still have him as number 1.

Could change tomorrow if Jagga had another big game.

Reactions: 2 users
Went and watched Ranges and Stingrays at Frankston today. Wet, cold, windy and Rays were 12 goals up when I left.

Watched three quarters and absolutely nothing to report. Saw a lot of the officials scouts leaving at 3/4 time.

Both sides fielded B grade sides. None of the guns played besides Harvey Langford and he was going at 75%.

Reactions: 1 users
Went and watched Ranges and Stingrays at Frankston today. Wet, cold, windy and Rays were 12 goals up when I left.

Watched three quarters and absolutely nothing to report. Saw a lot of the officials scouts leaving at 3/4 time.

Both sides fielded B grade sides. None of the guns played besides Harvey Langford and he was going at 75%.
This whole round is full of B grade teams. I went through them all yesterday and there is a stack of guns missing this week.

Hypothetical - say we have picks 12 & 21 (along with pick 1) and we have to pick a tall/small combo with them, would you prefer:

Tall at 12 - Armstrong
Small/mid at 21 - Gross, Hynes, Moraes, Urqhart
Or
Small/mid at 12 - Lindsay, Berry
Tall at 21 - Faull, Sims, Whitlock(s), Shanahan

I’d maybe slightly lean towards option 2 but it’s a tough call
Good question mr Style.
But imo idont think Lindsay or Berry last to 12

• Wow
Bo Allan 14 disposals (12 uncontested), 3 marks, 2 tackles

HBF, Peel (86) V Perth (67) league

Pretty standard acceptable 18yo numbers against men.

very simplistically, they dont jump out as top 10 numbers in this draft.

but we really need more top 10's playing against men to clarify the waters a bit.

Love to see FOS, Lalor and Smile have a crack

Last edited:
... and our blokes got the ball on a string and creating in the VFL.

12d quarter time

teaming well with mccauliffe

Horrible conditions again. He can get to contests and accumulate but we need to see him in the dry to assess his damage potential v Draper.

pretty different players from what I can tell.

draper is more powerful and in forward gear.

Jagga more creative and 360 degree.

jagga attracting really close attention at stoppages this quarter., mostly from Horse Longmire's nephew, who isn't that good and Ed Allan be interesting to see how he goes

Last edited:
jagga attracting really close attention at stoppages this quarter., mostly from Horse Longmire's nephew, who isn't that good and Ed Allan be interesting to see how he goes
May as well get used to it now.
That’s why playing against men is such a good indicator