2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Why is it that the Xfactor, Twit xpurts always link Richmond with everyone's stale n manky leftovers?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
wow.

a midfield of Bolton - Draper - Jagga

would leave oppositions languishing like Wily Coyote.
Ezy Baby dya reckon Draper would be on the Eagle's radar to play on the fast Optus ground alongside Harley.

The Crows late form resurgence may have c ost them Draper.

Out of us Norf and Coke we are the biggest chance to pull a win this week, amazingly.

• Haha
I think with Dan is actually quite simple.

IF Gold Coast come to us with an offer of 2 1sts (the lowest 1 then the PP) then we ask Dan his thoughts, if he says no, then its simple. We don't trade players that want to play for us.
IF Dan says he's perhaps interested, then we go back to GC and say Dan's considering it BUT it has to be your 2 early 1sts and we will give them our future 2nd.

We only consider if Dan wants to go, if he doesn't then it doesn't really matter what they offer, we won't trade him.

If he does then we should be open to a trade but only if its their 2 early 1sts and we can give them a future 2nd back. If that value of trade was good enough for Dylan Shiel, then its also good enough for Dan Rioli, who is a much better player, albeit older than Shiel was when he was traded.
With NV nearing the end he becomes the key back man over the next 3-4.

Must not lose Dan.

Reactions: 1 users
Ezy Baby dya reckon Draper would be on the Eagle's radar to play on the fast Optus ground alongside Harley.

The Crows late form resurgence may have c ost them Draper.

Lot of water to go under the fridge, but hed have to be high on everyones list? Plenty have him at 1.

But as it stands now,

I reckon we take Jagga

trainor for North.

And WC choose between Draper, FOS and Lalor?

Given they have the power of HR, maybe it'd be draper or FOS?

*smile* knows really?

I hope ashcroft and Lombard get bids inside 5

Last edited:
1. Smith (Richmond)
2. Trainor (North Melbourne)
3. Draper (West Coast)
4. O'Sullivan (St Kilda)
5. Lalor (St Kilda) - Josh Battle compensation
6. Ashcroft (Brisbane) - F/S
7. Smillie (Adelaide)
8. Lombard (Gold Coast) - NGA
9. Allan (Fremantle) - via Coll trade
10. Reid (Richmond) - via GC trade

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
2026 NGA.

Tanner Armstrong (Vic Country)

Like Walker, Armstrong is also a part of Richmond’s NGA program. The rebounding defender had a big week up on the Gold Coast, racking up a whopping 27 intercept possessions and 53 disposals across his last two matches of the carnival. Armstrong ability to win the ball back off the opposition was first rate, and he was Vic Country’s designated ball-user out of defence, with his teammates always looking to get it in his reliable hands.

Reactions: 11 users
1. Smith (Richmond)
2. Trainor (North Melbourne)
3. Draper (West Coast)
4. O'Sullivan (St Kilda)
5. Lalor (St Kilda) - Josh Battle compensation
6. Ashcroft (Brisbane) - F/S
7. Smillie (Adelaide)
8. Lombard (Gold Coast) - NGA
9. Allan (Fremantle) - via Coll trade
10. Reid (Richmond) - via GC trade
Would be rapt to get both Smith and Reid. I think Reid is going to be a special player.

Boy it grinds my gears that a player like Josh Battle might get the aints a top 5 pick in a draft where there are so many pick 1 contenders

Imagine getting Lalor & FOS

Reactions: 4 users