2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Very good player, superior athlete but a tier below the top echelon for skill level, decision making, ball handling. From what little I have seen.

Tend to agree

You simply cant have it all

If you want brutality,and class, and composure, and consistency,

You generally need two players

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Tend to agree

You simply cant have it all

If you want brutality,and class, and composure, and consistency,

You generally need two players
Or one dusty

Reactions: 5 users
Or one dusty

Dusty brutalised the hearts and souls of many

But he realied on Nank and Cotchy and Marlion and Lynchy,

For the percussive, physical brutality.

Not to mention Kane Lambert bringing his defensive accountibility.

dusty proves the rule.

That you will not get everything in one footballer

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
This years draft might not be the year to do this.
Assuming we have the pick 1 and we've traded a player into picks 6 and 12 as you've suggested. Why would we then trade these two picks away for one pick at 3???? This is the draft which is supposedly very even in the top 10 and also chock full of good players within the top 50. Every guru and expert is shuffling their top 10 round in circles and all pretty much being claimed as equally worthy of being in the top couple of picks. So how much better would pick 3 supposedly be than pick 6 when there's 10 contenders? And of course what would be the worth of pick 12, could one of the potential top 10 slide a couple of spots on draft night?

For mine I'd happily take picks 1 - 6 - 12 to the draft this year over picks 1 - 3. Maybe not so much in other years but I reckon from the little I've read about this years draftees, this top grouping of players is way to fat n juicy to go in short.
Exactly my thoughts as well, this draft is unique and we should get quality players all through the first round and beyond. No need to sacrifice next years first round pick unless it is a super offer too good to refuse.

I dunno about the kids, haven’t researched at all. Appreciate others insights.

But I want 1000 picks in the first round please

Reactions: 1 users
It may very well come down too how Jagga performs in the vfl for us.Off too a great start.
Pity the others can't play senior footy.
Does the fact that he is able to play in our VFL team also allow him to train with the whole squad?

Does the fact that he is able to play in our VFL team also allow him to train with the whole squad?

he trained with our seniors preseason as part of the AFL academy placement (him and tom gross came to RFC).

and I'd say he'd be using the gym and the coffee machine at Punt Road, and getting acquainted with the fellas

Geez Draper looks good, more physically developed than Jagga and FOS but he's got it all, except maybe not dual sided by foot.

Highlights from the champs.

wow.

a midfield of Bolton - Draper - Jagga

would leave oppositions languishing like Wily Coyote.

• Love
wow.

Would have this one in a heartbeat. Even quicker than I thought. Has FOOTBALL SPEED and SHEER PACE. Will go top 5.

Reactions: 5 users
Would have this one in a heartbeat. Even quicker than I thought. Has FOOTBALL SPEED and SHEER PACE. Will go top 5.

yeah hes top 5 for sure.

But, so are 9 other blokes.

meaning there will be top 5 blokes in the 5-15 range, depending on the los vagaries.

Jagga, Draper, Trainor, FOS, Lalor, Lombard (GC), Ashcroft (BL), Langford, Smilie and Bo Allan,

are all pencilled as Top 5 by various analysts.

ignoring lombard and Ashcroft,

I reckon its Jagga, Draper, Trainor, FOS and Lalor the available Top 5 currently

Dusty brutalised the hearts and souls of many

But he realied on Nank and Cotchy and Marlion and Lynchy,

For the percussive, physical brutality.

Not to mention Kane Lambert bringing his defensive accountibility.

dusty proves the rule.

That you will not get everything in one footballer
He brutalised Geelong

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Talk that Toorak and Port are negotiating Whitney to Toorak for Toorak's 1st round pick.

That could be good for us if we get a 2nd 1st round pick. Port need kp's so unlikely they'll take a mid with what's currently pick 9. Maybe Trainor, Whitlock, O'Farrell or someone.

Might be paying overs for the latter 2 so maybe they could trade back I guess.

Last edited:
Talk that Toorak and Port are negotiating Amon to Toorak for Toorak's 1st round pick.

That could be good for us if we get a 2nd 1st round pick. Port need kp's so unlikely they'll take a mid with what's currently pick 9. Maybe Trainor, Whitlock, O'Farrell or someone.

Might be paying overs for the latter 2 so maybe they could trade back I guess.

do you mean houston?

wow.

They are the 2 I'd love, would create a really nice balance in our midfield with TT and Hopper as the bigger boys