2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

How is Jagga's disposal (ignoring today in a gale)?

Sounds like he is a very good candidate for pick 1.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
Clearly Jagga's looking the goods. Can I ask why no one has Harvey Langford as a potential number one pick - he's a great size, averages 36 disposals for Stingrays and objectively had the best AFL champs of any player, including Jagga.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Clearly Jagga's looking the goods. Can I ask why no one has Harvey Langford as a potential number one pick - he's a great size, averages 36 disposals for Stingrays and objectively had the best AFL champs of any player, including Jagga.
Langford a very average kick. Drops the ball very low and every kick seems a floater

Jagga 30 disposals (20 k 10 hb) 5 marks 3 tackles 8 clearances in the VFL. 18 of his 30 were contested.

Disposal efficiency statistically poor (40%), but I watched the last quarter and its blowing 40 knots off the bay and not too much efficient disposal going on

He clearly didnt enjoy losing. Hes a competitor

And its quite apparent he is N.Daicos good
I went to the match ,l went to Flemington and left after race 8,,love you Lindsey for the biggest priced winner of my life :giggle:.
I thought l would go on the way home ,and my mate wanted to stay away from his missus a bit longer lolol.

It was bloody *smile* house conditions ,strong wind blowing down one end ,and pissing rain for a fair bit of the match .
Without being too technical Willy used the ball better and Tigers didn't,,quite a few trying to play dry weather football.
Now Jagga ,he did some nice thing's ,and not so nice things ,but a lot of player's did to.
His endurance really stood out ,and it surprised me he looked bigger than a few player's out there .
I want to see more of him in better conditions in the VFL,it really was bad conditions ,l thought he did well,but certainly not going the early crow and saying no 1.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Quite ironically, RCD was in the oppo mid set up
Finished with 19 disposals. Still doesn’t find enough of the ball which was his problem way back in his junior days.

At least on the evidence we have to date, this is not a problem for Smith.

A ball magnet with evasiveness, speed and skills, who's a competitive beast??? yes please!

As one tiger king slowly fades, and wanders off into the distance, a new tiger shall arrive, looking to ascend to the great heights of the tiger kings before him, Rise Jagga, and become the next tiger king

no pressure...

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Finished with 19 disposals. Still doesn’t find enough of the ball which was his problem way back in his junior days.

At least on the evidence we have to date, this is not a problem for Smith.

Yep, KPF's and Rucks aside, most 18 year olds play pretty much the same when theyre 25

Upside is a bit like Pyrite.

Ive closely watched live quite a few kids play VFL at 17/18

And only the very very good ones dominate stoppages early.

Leo Lombard doesnt get 30 and 8 clearances at VFL. Hes more 20/4, which is very good. He was capable of that at 17 but was more a 15/2

And hes an absolute ripper who, until the weekend, had a strong case for No.1

Drapers 28 and 10 tackles at SANFL is eyecatching too. Ill be keeping an eye on him today.

But im starting to think

jagga and draper are 1 and 2,

Especially to a side short of midfield speed

Reactions: 6 users
Yep, KPF's and Rucks aside, most 18 year olds play pretty much the same when theyre 25

Leo Lombard doesnt get 30 and 8 clearances at VFL. Hes more 20/4, which is very good. He was capable of that at 17 but was more a 15/2

Drapers 28 and 10 tackles at SANFL is eyecatching too. Ill be keeping an eye on him today.

But im starting to think

Lalor beats Smith in physicality ,kicking ,marking ,tackling ,goal kicking ,simple as that.
Fos is a better kick than Smith ,even Draper is a better kick,and more physical and a better mark.
I think Smith will be in the top 4-6 if we add Trainor or Langford to the mix .

Reactions: 2 users
We haven't had a player for many years who can rack up 30+ on a regular basis. I mean weekly. He keeps doing this the next 3 weeks it's just about all over red rover.

Lalor beats Smith in physicality ,kicking ,marking ,tackling ,goal kicking ,simple as that.

so would Josh Jenkins.

Again, I really really like Lalor, FOS and Draper.

and were probably honing a top 5.

But I'll stand firmly that Jagga has quite a clear No.1 CV, significantly franked yesterday.

Sorting pick 1 from 2-5 you need a fine tooth comb, and jagga certainly has all the other contenders on Durability ?

I hope FOS and Lalor have a run against blokes before the draft

Tigers only 6 goals % in the pick 1 slot ATM,

but hopefully we're insured with Norf preferring the KPB grandson Trainor?

Last edited:
How is Jagga's disposal (ignoring today in a gale)?

Sounds like he is a very good candidate for pick 1.

DS

Not as bad as some have been saying. He's normally got heat on him when dispersing the ball. Id say he is more silk than butcher

Fos is a better kick than Smith ,even Draper is a better kick,and more physical and a better mark.

quite possibly correct.

Smith beats them both in getting the ball, evasion,getting the ball to a teammate in good space, playing at the highest 18yo level, playing against men, and avoiding ultrasounds, MRI's and surgeons

Reactions: 2 users
You were with us. The original. The fire starter. Then wavered after listening to some outside noise.

Good to have you back Scooper. Trust your eyes.

I was with Smith when I thought we’d end up with pick 4 or 5, when we bottomed out, new blokes came into the frame.

Never jumped off him as a footballer. If he has three weeks of above average VFL footy, he’s the one. By a margin.

But im starting to think

Spot on EZY!

Tigers need ball winners that can use it and also have speed in the middle absolutely.

Also need speed and skill forward.

I'm not dismissing your view at all, Its just not really simple as that. It could turn out to be a Stringer v N Daicos at the same age, it could turn out to be Dusty v Parish at the same age. Point is, different types of players. We need a player like Smith, and we need a player like Lalor.

Smith has owned Lalor in other stats, like, disposals.

I was a bit of a Smith sceptic, but has cleared two key hurdles spectacularly well. Champs and VFL, and VFL in a freezing gale at that. Just keeps lifting his game. I'm extremely impressed.

I'd love Lalor too, but Smith is the most money in the bank player for me.

quite possibly correct.

Smith beats them both in getting the ball, evasion,getting the ball to a teammate in good space, playing at the highest 18yo level, playing against men, and avoiding ultrasounds, MRI's and surgeons
Whatever you think mate ,but he's not a no 1.
We are going round in circles at the moment ,you don't see the academy games as playing against men ,even though the opposition are VFL sides