2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Nope.
Top 3 of Jagga, FOS, Draper (pick your own order)
Why would you trade away from that

Reactions: 1 users
Nope.
Top 3 of Jagga, FOS, Draper (pick your own order)
Why would you trade away from that
Because potentially there’s 2 better players available at 4&5 like Lalor and Smillie or Langford and Allen. Also believe Nth will pick Trainor.
Likely to be 2 very good players available rather than just selecting one.
With no real standout this would make it a no brainer.
Only proviso is if the club strongly believe there’s a standout amongst the group

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Because potentially there’s 2 better players available at 4&5 like Lalor and Smillie or Langford and Allen. Also believe Nth will pick Trainor.
Only proviso is if the club strongly believe there’s a standout amongst the group
Yes spot on and for that reason the Saints would be crazy to offer that deal. The Suns picks are probably our only realistic chance at this stage but still a lot of wheeling and dealing to go.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes spot on and for that reason the Saints would be crazy to offer that deal. The Suns picks are probably our only realistic chance at this stage but still a lot of wheeling and dealing to go.
Problem with a possible suns trade is that 1 does not equal 8 and 9.
Its too big a jump

I get the rationale.
But picking an elite Jagga or Draper is betuer than b grade Smillie or Langford or Allen. I like Allen a lot, but wouldn't trade down.
Lalor could be at the level, but fitness/consistency are still questions. I'd love for him to be a tiger.

Short answer is I'd rather one A than two Bs.

Jagga Smith 8 disposals in his first quarter of VFL

A tackle and 2 clearances too. Good start.

Not watching, got a WAFL assignment,

But ive said before,

The real good ones go on ball and get plenty early in AFL reserves

Its sorts the top 5 from 6-30 imo

N daicos, will ashcroft, JHF, harley reid all impacted state leagues straight up.

I know theres more than possession counts, but broadly its a good indicator here;

The good 18yos get 10-15 disposals early

The really good ones get 20-30

Reactions: 1 user
A tackle and 2 clearances too. Good start.

Not watching, got a WAFL assignment,

But ive said before,

The real good ones go on ball and get plenty early in AFL reserves

Its sorts the top 5 from 6-30 imo

N daicos, will ashcroft, JHF, harley reid all impacted state leagues straight up.

I know theres more than possession counts, but broadly its a good indicator here;

The good 18yos get 10-15 disposals early

The really good ones get 20-30
Leading possession getter on the ground with 17. Kid isn’t putting a foot wrong.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users