2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

25 touches for Jagga. There was a bit of play in our defence where he danced out of trouble. It’s was a mixture of Daicos and Edwards.

If he doesn’t go number 1, then whoever does must be a very very good player.

Reactions: 5 users
Jagga 30 disposals (20 k 10 hb) 5 marks 3 tackles 8 clearances in the VFL. 18 of his 30 were contested.

Disposal efficiency statistically poor (40%), but I watched the last quarter and its blowing 40 knots off the bay and not too much efficient disposal going on

He clearly didnt enjoy losing. Hes a competitor

And its quite apparent he is N.Daicos good

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 users
Jagga should be number one on our board. I hope we don't fall for the Smillie hype.

Reactions: 2 users
Seeing as we have no players left to pick from can we elevate Jagga for the last few games? 😎

Reactions: 3 users
Jagga should be number one on our board. I hope we don't fall for the Smillie hype.

Its not even the hype, but he's not even the type we need. We need someone with a point of difference, speed, evasiveness. Jagga gives us the latter, the fact he's a ball magnet whilst he does it is even better.

Reactions: 8 users
Jagga 30 disposals (20 k 10 hb) 5 marks 3 tackles 8 clearances in the VFL. 18 of his 30 were contested.

Disposal efficiency statistically poor (40%), but I watched the last quarter and its blowing 40 knots off the bay and not too much efficient disposal going on

He clearly didnt enjoy losing. Hes a competitor

And its quite apparent he is N.Daicos good

I'm not concerned about the DE%. There won't have been many today that had much if anywhere above 50%, it was a win ball, hack if forward off the boot type of game. No skill, just see ball, win ball and get it forward.

The key, as you say, is the ball winning ability. There were concerns about how he'd go with a slight body against men, well he did pretty bloody well today in a heavily contested game. I'd say that concern is a myth. The guys he was playing against today weren't 19/20 year old draftees that aren't physically ready yet for the AFL, these were mature, big body mid to late 20's mids he was playing against.

Big tick for him today IMO. Would be very happy to take him with our 1st pick.

Reactions: 6 users
I'm not concerned about the DE%. There won't have been many today that had much if anywhere above 50%, it was a win ball, hack if forward off the boot type of game. No skill, just see ball, win ball and get it forward.

The key, as you say, is the ball winning ability. There were concerns about how he'd go with a slight body against men, well he did pretty bloody well today in a heavily contested game. I'd say that concern is a myth. The guys he was playing against today weren't 19/20 year old draftees that aren't physically ready yet for the AFL, these were mature, big body mid to late 20's mids he was playing against.

Big tick for him today IMO. Would be very happy to take him with our 1st pick.

Quite ironically, RCD was in the oppo mid set up

If the kid can get mid field n contested ball and distribute said ball then that's easily half the job done. Then all we need to do is get the receivers of the ball to deliver the ball forward without butchering it. Surely not that difficult is it?

Love his speed, and evasiveness in and around traffic and gets in there to win his own ball.
We have the bulls, Taranto, Hopper, Prestia, and McAuliffe so Jagga would add that outside speed that only Bolton has been providing when he plays midfield

jaggas.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
If the kid can get mid field n contested ball and distribute said ball then that's easily half the job done. Then all we need to do is get the receivers of the ball to deliver the ball forward without butchering it. Surely not that difficult is it?
It is that difficult if your key forwards are Kosi and Samson.

Reactions: 1 users
Love his speed, evasiveness and gets in there to win his own ball.
We have the bulls, Taranto, Hopper, Prestia, and McAuliffe so Jagga would add that outside speed that only Bolton has been providing when he plays midfield

View attachment 23507
See how much better the back of this jumper looks than the one the AFL team now wears. Can’t believe they changed it.

Reactions: 5 users
Starting to mount a case that he is him. Every level.

You were with us. The original. The fire starter. Then wavered after listening to some outside noise.

Good to have you back Scooper. Trust your eyes.

Reactions: 1 users