2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

more Smilie gaslighting cal Twomey on him at No.2.

19 disposal average through the champs, better at Coates level, his best game coming against Brisbane Lions Academy

jeez. If a blokes best is coming against the worst, and his worst coming against the best,

Thats a red flag bigger than the star spangled banners held up by cranes at a trump rally isn't it?

what am I missing?

the disparity between PRE, Twonmey, ESPN, Rookie me reflects what we've been saying that there is 15 top 5's.

thats becoming consensus

every other year, Twomey, ESPN and RM just photocopy each others list and publish them.

this year is wild.

Twomey with Ashcroft 10 spots ahead of Lombard is extraordinary!!!!! he points to Ashcroft body of work, but while Ashcroft was going up against 16yo's,

Leo was jumping into packs with Levi Casboult and winning clearances against Will Brodie, James Worpel, Mitch Robinson and Jacob Townsend on the way to a flag

I have Leo 10 spots above Levi, but thats 2024 for you

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah we might have a good one in 2026,Tanner Armstrong ,he has been playing really good football for Vic country in the u16 champs .
We have Lockwood this year ,l think we where always safe to get him anyway ,if we want him .
It probably means lockwood won't get called out in top 40,so we probably get him cheaply.

You had the audacity to say a post I made the other day was "dumb", when you'd missed the joke, then you post this?

3 players and a future pick, for pick 3? Garbage decisions.
You think Melbourne will give up their best, but troubled midfielder, for a busted key forward and a high pick? Lynch may only have 1 season left. That high pick should play 200 games.
You've cut a young guy under contract. What message would that send to others about our integrity, about the way we do business?

Tell me where the punchline is, cause if this is serious, I'd be staking out every cash converters store in Melbourne to make sure you aren't going to sell the family silver.
I think Melbourne maybe looking for a way to get out of the lengthy and expensive contract it has with Oliver.
I wasn’t aware that Sonsie? was contracted. Go stick your families silver and take a Bex.

• Haha

with Twomeys order, under the trading scenario I proposed a few posts up (split pick 1,bakes, Danny and 21 into 3 ,8, 15 and 25)

we grab

jagga smith
take our pick of Trainor, Lalor or Draper
Joe Berry
and maybe take our pick of Harry Armstrong/Tom Sims

hell of a draft

tell me if im being realistic here

1. Its pretty plausible jagga is our man: he trained with us preseason, hes has a strong CV to be the best in pool, hes training and playing with us through August, hes what we need

2. Twomey has him at 6 (effectively 5 allowing for Ashcroft)

3. Rookie me have him at 3

4. we would split pick 1 wouldn't we?, and then;

5. with bakes, 21 and pick 1 as currency, 3 first round picks, 2 top 10, is realistic?

Didn't most the gun mids bar a couple not average 20 dis in the championships.

jagga 29, Langford Lombard Ashcroft 26, reid 25, Lindsay 23

red flags everywhere I look on Smilie.

he won more ball in his bottom age year than top age year.

I can't find the numbers, but I think Draper may have also?

you want the graph going up.

with Twomeys order, under the trading scenario I proposed a few posts up (split pick 1,bakes, Danny and 21 into 3 ,8, 15 and 25)

we grab

jagga smith
take our pick of Trainor, Lalor or Draper
Joe Berry
and maybe take our pick of Harry Armstrong/Tom Sims

hell of a draft

tell me if im being realistic here

1. Its pretty plausible jagga is our man: he trained with us preseason, hes has a strong CV to be the best in pool, hes training and playing with us through August, hes what we need

2. Twomey has him at 6 (effectively 5 allowing for Ashcroft)

3. Rookie me have him at 3

4. we would split pick 1 wouldn't we?, and then;

5. with bakes, 21 and pick 1 as currency, 3 first round picks, 2 top 10, is realistic?
Based on your draft pick theory ,l would go Lalor who will only have to star in a coates match to be among the top pick talks ,if he isn't already .
Also wouldn't discount FOS, Trainor ,Reid ,or Draper ,Travaglia ,l wouldn't be unhappy with 2 of them ,and maybe Gross or Lindsay with a later first round pick .

Reactions: 1 users
Based on your draft pick theory ,l would go Lalor who will only have to star in a coates match to be among the top pick talks ,if he isn't already .
Also wouldn't discount FOS, Trainor ,Reid ,or Draper ,Travaglia ,l wouldn't be unhappy with 2 of them ,and maybe Gross or Lindsay with a later first round pick .

there's so much talent, you have to rule a few out (recruiters wont rule em out, but they'll mark em down and split em to their needs and prefs).

and yeah we'll all rule different blokes out for different reasons.

Ive got Smilie ruled out (downward trajectory, man child effect)

Ive got Reid ruled out (kick height)

Ive got Kako ruled out (haircut)

Ive got Moraes ruled out (hunch)

not to say I can't rule 'em back in without notice :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Remember in 2018 when Toce tried to trade up to get RCD because he was a "big mid"?

That makes me nervous

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Remember in 2018 when Toce tried to trade up to get RCD because he was a "big mid"?

That makes me nervous

sure that was him? he was only in charge for a couple of years (2022-2023 I think?)

Hamish Davis played midfield for Claremont on the weekend for 40 touches & 1 goal... yet another mid prospect incoming

there's so much talent, you have to rule a few out (recruiters wont rule em out, but they'll mark em down and split em to their needs and prefs).

and yeah we'll all rule different blokes out for different reasons.

Ive got Smilie ruled out (downward trajectory, man child effect)

Ive got Reid ruled out (kick height)

Ive got Kako ruled out (haircut)

Ive got Moraes ruled out (hunch)

not to say I can't rule 'em back in without notice :cool:
Yeah good talent this year ,it runs really deep.
I guess recruiters will like player's who can play top football in multiple positions ,how much upside they have etc etc.

I have gone off Smillie ,l think he will be a AFL player,but there are things l don't like and noticed more through the champs,he isn't really strong over head for a 194cm player ,and he is more a crash and bash like Tom Green rather than the Bont or Cripps ,there are other things .

Moraes like a lot of Metro players ,starred after the second half against SA,,the SA player's had run out of legs ,it was easy for them to get possessions .

sure that was him? he was only in charge for a couple of years (2022-2023 I think?)
Thanks, just knew St Kilda wanted RCD so thought he was involved. Still concerning IMO, although our recruiting team were the ones who actually picked him.

1721176122465.png

Just watched an inside video of the night as well where St Kilda are trying to find a deal for the pick and once we pick RCD the St Kilda manager says "Right, cancel the orders" that would confirm RCD was their target.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Thanks, just knew St Kilda wanted RCD so thought he was involved. Still concerning IMO

Saint fans rated Toce.

his last 3 hauls were v impressive

Windhager (boom)
Mitch Owens (boom)
Wanganeen Milera (boom)

Olli Hotton
James Van Ess
Phillipou (I dont rate him, saints fans do)

Lance Collard (looking good)
Darcy Wilson (Boom)

very good recent strike rate