2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

For some reason he's 1 that I don't really want. Maybe its what you've written above, but something just has me thinking pass for some reason, at least in the not for us basket.
I like the idea of him being one of those tall, gut running - up and down the ground all day, good overhead, good defensively wingers (eg McIntosh), but I just don't like his delivery.

Travaglia rated too high for mine. He had a great championships and there's a lot to like about him, but he's a really poor kick of the football in all reality. Watched a few of his Coates games and its not great.

Whatever team draft's him will have to lump that a bit with him. Big big engine, courageous, good overhead. But lacks a bit of execution and decision making. And we are already overweight in that respect with this Richmond list. We need big time upskilling.

About 20 or thereabouts for mine.

and he's a HBF'er amidst a treasure chest of full-time mids.

Uwlands GCA 2025 similar IMHO

I think Melbourne maybe looking for a way to get out of the lengthy and expensive contract it has with Oliver.
I wasn’t aware that Sonsie? was contracted. Go stick your families silver and take a Bex.
If they want together rid of Oliver's contract, why would they take a million dollar player who has recently been almost permanently unable to play?
As for Sonsie....1000022606.jpg
Very happy you're nowhere near list management decisions at the club. Crazy town.

Reactions: 1 user
Travaglia rated too high for mine. He had a great championships and there's a lot to like about him, but he's a really poor kick of the football in all reality. Watched a few of his Coates games and its not great.

Whatever team draft's him will have to lump that a bit with him. Big big engine, courageous, good overhead. But lacks a bit of execution and decision making. And we are already overweight in that respect with this Richmond list. We need big time upskilling.

Actually when he composes himself he is a good kick ,but he likes to run at all costs and it effects his kicking .
More composure needed,and less break neck running.

Until your post I have never heard of Zayden, none of our esteemed junior watchers have spoken of him, I can't even find a decent write up on him, I assume that to mean he is no star?

Got any first hand intel on him @jokershoppe ?

View attachment 23449
Mentioned him a few times ,but l guess it was a month or two ago.
Very athletic and great overhead ,but needs to put on some beef ,like l posted a while back might make a good kp defender

Reactions: 1 users
I don't get the Dan Rioli trade talk,he lived with the Hardwicks for over 3 years ,his best mate is at the Tigers,his girlfriend is Victorian,his uncle and mate is at the Tigers ,lm sure he goes to the birthday get together of the former Mrs Hardwick as well.
And he's contracted till the end of 27,,the Tigers don't have to do nothing

Baker might stay as well,he certainly wouldn't be going to WC in search of success.

I don't get the Dan Rioli trade talk,he lived with the Hardwicks for over 3 years ,his best mate is at the Tigers,his girlfriend is Victorian,his uncle and mate is at the Tigers ,lm sure he goes to the birthday get together of the former Mrs Hardwick as well.
And he's contracted till the end of 27,,the Tigers don't have to do nothing

Baker might stay as well,he certainly wouldn't be going to WC in search of success.
Baker also doesn't know who the coach is going to be, what his plans might be with him, or even if in fact the new coach wants someone like Baker. The latter unlikely, but you never know. New coach's often put good players on the outer for one reason or another.

If I'm Baker, I'm only going to WCE if it's insanely good money - which would be good for us as far as return value is concerned.

Same. And when you look who is around that pick that Twomey has him and what our list requires, you couldn't take him.

If we took him ahead of Armstrong, I'd lose it. Brown over JVR all over again. if we took him ahead of Xavier Lindsay, I'd lose it harder.

When the draft is this even, I'd be going for what our list needs to split talent. Mids who can kick and spread, key forwards. That simple.

Reactions: 5 users
Twomey stating that Baker met with Freo, Brayshaw and Serong being there, over round 17. If he's going, please let it be the Frockers.

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah, I don't think Travaglia is for us, but he has shown the ability at Coates level to be a goal kicking mid.

I don't disagree with the views on TT, but for me the fact he's a player lower on our list underlines the strength of this draft. His competitiveness is seductive. Prefer others but happy to get him.

I'm saying that a lot this year, Prefer others but happy to get him.

Same. And when you look who is around that pick that Twomey has him and what our list requires, you couldn't take him.

If we took him ahead of Armstrong, I'd lose it. Brown over JVR all over again. if we took him ahead of Xavier Lindsay, I'd lose it harder.

When the draft is this even, I'd be going for what our list needs to split talent. Mids who can kick and spread, key forwards. That simple.
I don't disagree with the views on TT, but for me the fact he's a player lower on our list underlines the strength of this draft. His competitiveness is seductive. Prefer others but happy to get him.

I'm saying that a lot this year, Prefer others but happy to get him.

Disagree lads.

He's started playing mid forward for Bendigo with very strong results - so wouldn't be pigeon holing his role.

He mightn't be the silkiest player in the pool, but is there anyone who competes, steps up in big moments, wants to be the "man", hates losing and is a leader as much as him?

Depends how much you value the latter. He oozes having confidence and drive to get the absolute most out of himself. All those things are Big Bonus points - Even moreso with us having a pretty meek side and likely about to lose Bakes.

As we know, he's also exceptional overhead, covers the turf, has a nice burst of speed and importantly looks like he has a very good tank (love to see his Yo Yo number).

He's a watch for the rest of the year to see how he continues to translate up the ground, but he's about 10-12 on Leysy's list ATM and be welcome in Tiger colours.

Reactions: 9 users
I read Lockwood blanketed Whitlock at one stage earlier in the year

While we're throwing out opinions on players, went back and looked at Harry Armstrong to see if missing anything considering the love he seems to have.

Yes he kicks well, yes he looks to know where to run - But still can't see it. Not with a high pick anyway.

He's a 194cm forward who looks to not be able to really jump - Happy to be proven wrong from anyone who might have watched him more?

If so, they aren't the traits (smallish plus little elevation) of a No 1 key forward who can lead the forward line - Projects way more as a number 2 or 3 banana ILO.

And you want the former if you're talking a first round pick. Much prefer others in this draft for that position.

Pick 25 on - yeah sure he might be a decent type. And FWIW that's where have him ranked in that 25-35 mark.

Reactions: 6 users
If they want together rid of Oliver's contract, why would they take a million dollar player who has recently been almost permanently unable to play?
As for Sonsie....View attachment 23451
Very happy you're nowhere near list management decisions at the club. Crazy town.
Oliver has a further 5-6 years on his contract at well over a million per year. Given his last off season and his 23 season that would be an enormous risk for any other club to take on. Against this he has been a great player for Melb and has won 3 B&F's. Also has come back without a pre-season and played every game so far this season, but without regaining his previous sometimes spectacular form.

Melbourne might also believe there is another flag in the immediate future but recognise they have a major difficulty at FF. Lynch for two years would be a risk for them also but the incentive to get him before some of their present list are done, I believe would be considerable.

The major advantage to us would be their 1st round pick in what looks to be a superior draft.. For them, getting rid of a risk who has been disruptive plus a realistic shot at another flag.

I got Sonsie's contract status wrong. Big deal. You and your posh mate can .... enjoy yourselves on that.

Smilie not even AA!!!

I doubt thats ever happened to a fit consensus No.1?

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users