2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

When did I ever say anything about Bolton? I have NEVER advocated trading Bolton, save that for the Carters of this world.

Yze doesn't seem to want to try Rioli in midfield, maybe he thinks he can't transition into that role, and he could be correct. I've repeatedly said that we should try him there, but I also said IF we aren't going to, then the trade has merit, if it nets us 2 picks in the top 10 even if we have to give something back.

It doesn't overlook anything, we have a set number of midfield positions. I've never really wanted to trade Dan, and am absolutely against any trading of Bolton, but Dans age does come into it a touch too, as does having Smith in the wings.

I'm sure you've read my posts on here, I've been expecting at least 4, maybe 5 picks inside 25 this year, but we potentially could spread that a bit more over 2 years should a trade for Dan be valuable enough. Obviously if he says he doesn't want to leave, we wouldn't entertain any trade whatsoever anyway, we aren't that type of trade, but I totally reject that you can't play TT and Hopper together, just look at the midfield we just played, Green and Coniglio, neither of them are quick, are all the Lions mids quick? How about the Swans? Nope. The point is, you need a balance and my point was, we absolutely COULD play TT and Hopper together, but you need speedy or evasive mids to play with them.
Well then you just about have it right. Stick to your guns on Bolton and go back to your support for keeping Dan.
We need to keep both.
As for Taranto and Hopper together is there one game this year when you thought that has been a success?
The truth is our mids have been smashed all year. And the other truth is that these two when together have shown evidence of trying very hard, which effort hasn’t been enough.

The second West Coast pick this year will end up being 25-28 range (18 picks, 4-5 father sons + academies, GC priory picks they traded x 2), that’s not fair value even with pick in the 20-25 range next year. We want picks in this draft. Split 3.

Yeah thought that as well. That deal only works if we can move both picks onto GC (who need points) in a deal for one of their early picks. @mrposhman explained it well and changed Leysy's mind.

If no go, agree no way you take it with how far the picks slide.

If West Coast split 3, be staggered if Baker is part of the deal.

Unless they get 7 & 10 off freo. Then split 10 again that includes something late in the first round.

Reactions: 1 user
Correct - zero chance.

If Bakes leaves have said a few times reckon there will be some disappointed punters on here with what we get back.

Reckon a pick equivalent to about 15-18 is the absolute most we can wrangle.
Agree we won't get 3, but 15 isn't enough. All eyes will be on the deal, and that will be a factor for both parties.

Reactions: 1 users
The Graham one is more to bring in a mature body as they rebuild their midfield of the future around Reid, Ginbey, Hewitt, Roberton and whoever they draft this year. Graham is the defensive backup and the endurance runner along with Tim Kelly. I can see them trading Yeo out.

Disagree - but all good. Yeo's also recently re-signed until 2027.

If this is all true and its WC, its a disaster. Freo have exactly the picks in the right range.

8 to 12 all day. But of course I could be wrong. He's a gun, and they want him bad.
I'm with this.

West Coast will be offering close to 800-900K a year to get him off our hands. You can't go offering picks in the 20's when you're prepared to make a player one of the highest paid at your club.

If so we should go to the shockers for a better deal. That's not a good deal for us at all, can do better. Remember Shultz's deal.

See below. It was expected to be the same as what Leysy posted - picks 15-18 (or worse)

Cos Collingwood were reigning premiers, got cocky and expected to finish top 4 Ezy.

The pies thought the pick would have drifted to around 20 or even later after free agents, academy and F/S picks.

Much like when we traded a future first for Hopper - we thought it would be late i.e. similar to above. We bombed and it cost us Nate Caddy plus pick 31.

Trading future picks is a ballsy game. It can cost you for many years like the examples above.

Or you can get players for 6 cents in the dollar like Melbourne have done a couple of times and pay big unders.

Anyway enough posting on it. Expecting some disappointed pandas on here.